PDA

View Full Version : Chris McArdle oops

igor
24th December 2008, 20:28
Update 8pm Nz time 23.12.2008
Well I just went up and saw Chris. typical bloody Ozzie lying flat on his back and would not even sit up. Introduced meself and he asks me for a drink(typical ). (of water) Thought I was staff. He was first shipped to Thames hospital which is pretty small. Due to his injuries was moved to Waikato. He is in room 8 Ward 12. if ya really wanna ring him ph 00 64 7 8398899 I think that have portables but he is having trouble moving his arms at moment so Nurse will get pissed having to hold phone. He is a room with 2 others.

poor bugger is currently horizontal. Spent about 1/2 an hour with im and appears his voice box is working fine and suspect after 26 hrs of looking at the ceiling he is getting rather bored shitless. cant sit up at moment. lot of really nice nurses but unsure if give relief massages.

One of the others adv riders is going to post an update he tells me.

Well he was having a ball and was 3/4 of the way through a loop of the Coromandel Pennnisula riding with one of locals. Has taken 500 plus piccies. He was leaving Coromandel township heading for Thames and a new tyre as his was getting a bit low. Leaving town he tells me in 80kmh area and next thing he is getting propelled skywards. Got knocked out and woke up surrounded by our ever friendly emergency services all staring at him lying on the ground.

(wonder if his rear tube blew. We do have some very polished bits of road up that way)

He has several broken ribs and two very sore shoulders. Whilst i was there they were dragging him off for some more x-rays. one of his paws also hurts. will be spending the weekend eating

I shall take camera with me next visit as he is wearing a really nice little one piece blue outfit that buttons down the back and don't have to get up for a slash as he has a tube up PEPE.

To really cheer him up I am attempting to contact "Oscar" to make a visit as he works only a few kms away. they will be able to exchange stories about what a really nice guy "Slow bike Small Penis" is

the local bikers are looking after him visiting him and he is in good hands. His bike is being sorted after we pillage it for a few bits. He's happy he insured it. and will ship back to Chch and ship home.

he had been playing follow the leader with some Harley Riders and they have been excellent. If he can get internet access he will post,

will pop up and see him tomorrow if things allow
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415395&page=3

Oscar
25th December 2008, 17:58
I just went in and saw him - he's very positive considering what's happened.
I took him some leftover Christmas spirit...:drinknsin