PDA

View Full Version : Muffler re-sleeve

Manuka
24th December 2008, 20:51
Hey all. My can is scraped to hell from where the previous owner dropped it. Apparently you can get new stainless outer sleeves put on damaged mufflers.
Can anyone tell me where i can get this done in the Auckland, preferably Franklin, area? Or just where you can get the sleeves from. And how much Id be looking at. Cheers

bsasuper
25th December 2008, 08:31
Ive done the same thing but with a sheet of kevlar, drill out the old rivits wrap on kevlar sheet, new rivits, done.I got the sheet kevlar on ebay.Take it easy on ya bike in waiuku, I often pass through and the boys in blue take a liking to bikes.

Taz
25th December 2008, 08:50
The cops in our little town here are real good as long as you aint being stoopid.

Ask the bike shops in pukekohe who they may recommend for the muffler sleeve. Or custom chambers in East tamaki.

Manuka
3rd January 2009, 20:24
Ask the bike shops in pukekohe who they may recommend for the muffler sleeve. Or custom chambers in East tamaki.

Cheers will try them monday

FROSTY
10th January 2009, 16:40
A good sheet metal worker will sort it pretty fast

gixxer-king
10th January 2009, 16:45
I love the kevlar idea, better yet carbon fibre :2thumbsup

Manuka
10th January 2009, 21:06
A good sheet metal worker will sort it pretty fast

Yeah. Id give it a go but we dont have a decent roller at work. Be less hassle if i could just get a replacement from someone that has them. And i looked online for sheets of carbon fibre and resin but couldnt find any... in NZ anyway.