PDA

View Full Version : Ferk it's cold... -8 degrees

Kwaka14
29th December 2008, 11:19
Just looked at the thermometer and noticed it's getting a bit colder than expected.... Feeling a bit sad i no longer have my bike and really would love to be heading out for a ride, 8 below is a bit of an ask though methinks. Can't wait for the European Summer!!!! I will have to find a Czech ATNR (and maybe another bike first). Happy belated Christmas and New Year to all.

klingon
29th December 2008, 13:45
Hold on a minute... what part of Auckland are you in that's -8 deg?! Have I missed out on another white Christmas?

Kwaka14
29th December 2008, 23:20
Currently in the Czech republic - no white Christmas here this year either :(

racerhead
30th December 2008, 00:43
Just looked at the thermometer and noticed it's getting a bit colder than expected.... Feeling a bit sad i no longer have my bike and really would love to be heading out for a ride, 8 below is a bit of an ask though methinks. Can't wait for the European Summer!!!! I will have to find a Czech ATNR (and maybe another bike first). Happy belated Christmas and New Year to all.

I know your pain man, well about half of it actually because Im in Ireland and its -3 and way too icy to even think about riding the bike. I tried the mx bike yesterday and fell off 3 times in 10 minutes:rolleyes: Luckily Im heading for NZ in a week so a bit warmer then.
Two of the guys I work with are after driving home to Most in the Czech republic for christmas so looks like there going to be happy with the weather.

klingon
30th December 2008, 09:11
...Two of the guys I work with are after driving home ...

I didn't know you could type with an Irish accent! Cute! :love:

LBD
10th January 2009, 05:21
I know your pain man, well about half of it actually because Im in Ireland and its -3 and way too icy to even think about riding the bike. I tried the mx bike yesterday and fell off 3 times in 10 minutes:rolleyes: Luckily Im heading for NZ in a week so a bit warmer then.
Two of the guys I work with are after driving home to Most in the Czech republic for christmas so looks like there going to be happy with the weather.

Oi Shamus, this a ferkin competition huh? Right then...I will just roll me sleeves up

My European Christmas date was minus 27c, 12 inches of snow frozen solid.
My Islamic new year got up to minus 17C in the sun during the day.
My Russian Orthodox Christmas hit Minus 32C at night.

Now I will roll me sleeve back down cause me ferkin arms are frozen.

However....in three weeks I to will be in NZ, in the summer on my bike...maybe I will see you there.

racerhead
10th January 2009, 16:15
Oi Shamus, this a ferkin competition huh? Right then...I will just roll me sleeves up

My European Christmas date was minus 27c, 12 inches of snow frozen solid.
My Islamic new year got up to minus 17C in the sun during the day.
My Russian Orthodox Christmas hit Minus 32C at night.

Now I will roll me sleeve back down cause me ferkin arms are frozen.

However....in three weeks I to will be in NZ, in the summer on my bike...maybe I will see you there.

Hmmm dont think I have a comeback for that, but I am in Auckland already
so ye its well warm now and Im picking up my bike in a few days:banana:

LBD
11th January 2009, 00:56
[QUOTE=racerhead;1884703]Hmmm dont think I have a comeback for that, but I am in Auckland already
QUOTE]

Lucky bugger, what bike are you getting?

Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I enjoy visits to the Emerald Isle...

racerhead
11th January 2009, 08:55
Getting a daytona 675 hopefully:D

Enjoying it here so far but cant wait to get the bike a hit a few trackdays:Punk:

jer66
18th January 2009, 10:46
I bet you miss banagher man fucking snowing to day still havnt got to try out the new leathers and suspension on the bike. Keep that bike up rite racerhead.:whistle:

Kwaka14
21st January 2009, 05:51
As a bit of a change in pace just landed in Buenos Aires for a start of a 5 month cruise, unfortunately I will be buying a 4x4 as theres more than just me... and my bloody luggage is still in Heathrow... feckers. so in 1 week ive gone from minus 18 degrees to plus 32 and short skirts everywhere....