PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve, What are you doing?

trump-lady
29th December 2008, 20:46
Ok so my New Years Eve plans went to the loo and I have decided I will do something different this New Years and not with anyone I know cause they all sux lol. Plus looks like 2009 isnt ganna start pretty for me. I need to find somewhere to live or have someone move in with me by end of Jan. Both options are yuck and I have lotsa coupled up friends making me sick. So I want to so something different than same old same old.

So Im thinking as I have 7 days off and going somewhere camping by myself up north and just get really drunk. That way I dont need to drive and I should get some sun and water.

What are you doing for New Years so I might steal your ideas or wheres a camp ground that goes off but not with teeny boppers throwing up cause they drunk to much....

puddytat
29th December 2008, 20:54
Im doin':drinkup::doobey:

fire eyes
29th December 2008, 20:58
hahaha awesome trump lady ... sounds like fun!

Im looking for a place myself over here so thats what my January is focused on.

No plans for New Years Eve .. just cant wait to see the f****r in finally.

Good luck with ya plans. :Punk:

Mom
29th December 2008, 20:59
We are at home this new years eve. Have been away so much over the past year, we just wanted to be at home. Ring around for a place to camp, most up north will be almost full, so get on the phone! Failing that you could join us at home.

trump-lady
29th December 2008, 21:04
hahaha awesome trump lady ... sounds like fun!

Im looking for a place myself over here so thats what my January is focused on.

No plans for New Years Eve .. just cant wait to see the f****r in finally.

Good luck with ya plans. :Punk:

Wanna live in Panmure?

Top floor, 2 bedrooms own bathroom.........

fire eyes
29th December 2008, 21:11
Wanna live in Panmure?

lol thanks .. but no thanks :( brissy is home for awhile

FJRider
29th December 2008, 21:12
Im doin':drinkup::doobey:

I need more practice... still time...

kasper
29th December 2008, 21:22
off to destination 09. giving away a free ticket as well. then relaxing and clearing stuff up for a couple of days. then back to work

all whilst riding the motorbike of course. (well maybe not during the house clean up)

--kasper

trump-lady
29th December 2008, 21:23
off to destination 09. giving away a free ticket as well. then relaxing and clearing stuff up for a couple of days. then back to work

all whilst riding the motorbike of course. (well maybe not during the house clean up)

--kasper

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

we dont say the w word in this thread ;)

Ghost_Bullet
29th December 2008, 21:27
I wish I had exciting plans for new years... used to have a low key but fun party at home back in the day b4 kids... now.... mmmm a tipple and early to bed maybe at 12.01.
I was down central Otago yesturday and sure looked like the camps and the like were going off...

nosebleed
29th December 2008, 21:35
Wanna live in Panmure?

Shiiiit, just moved out of Ellerslie. Lived there 10 years and had a hell 4 weeks trying to find somewhere with garage space (for a sensible weekly rent).
Not that this place sux, far from it, but man talk about timing! yours sounds ideal.

As to camp sites, you could go Rogue, I remember the summers we headed North with no bookings, camping on the side of the road in Waipu, only to be 'ushered-on' by the council in the morning. LMAO Told us we couldn't sleep there the morning after we'd just slept there.

kasper
29th December 2008, 21:40
Well not exactly work more like a paid hobby.

I enjoy what I do hell after 3 days of non work I begin to get bored and want to go back. I get paid to drive and spend time on the roads

--Kasper
mercenary driver/rider

trump-lady
29th December 2008, 21:40
Shiiiit, just moved out of Ellerslie. Lived there 10 years and had a hell 4 weeks trying to find somewhere with garage space (for a sensible weekly rent).
Not that this place sux, far from it, but man talk about timing! yours sounds ideal.

As to camp sites, you could go Rogue, I remember the summers we headed North with no bookings, camping on the side of the road in Waipu, only to be 'ushered-on' by the council in the morning. LMAO Told us we couldn't sleep there the morning after we'd just slept there.

Bloody called everywhere up north and all booked.... Dont think I should do that on NY by myself....little old for those adventures :)

Sounds like timing did sux but the garage is small and my baby goes in there first :) Thats why I take bottom floor. I dunno what to do...stay and get some one or find another place....sigh.

Great location, across road is basin ymca pool and kickboxing. Prob let top floor go for 220-230......looked and there aint much 1 bedrooms for that in this area....crazyness

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
30th December 2008, 00:20
I will be catching up on sleep lol. Hey there's a little motorcamp past Te Kaha towards Hicks Bay (only 10 mins from Te Kaha) forgotten the name but I have stayed there often. I have never booked yet. I'm gonna be up that way hopefully by Tuesday!!
Good Luck

Gremlin
30th December 2008, 01:31
I know you want to camp, but have you tried backpackers?

With the economy the way it is, backpacking is down quite heavily. When booking the SI trip a couple of weeks ago, bookings for January seemed like the far flung future to them, asking if we wanted accom for the night (ie, that night)

As for New Years Eve... going to bed early. GiJoe is demanding I be up at some crazy time like 0430 to ride to Wellington to start the trip. Bastard :weep:

trump-lady
30th December 2008, 01:32
I will be catching up on sleep lol. Hey there's a little motorcamp past Te Kaha towards Hicks Bay (only 10 mins from Te Kaha) forgotten the name but I have stayed there often. I have never booked yet. I'm gonna be up that way hopefully by Tuesday!!
Good Luck

any chance of a call if theres sites left????

trump-lady
30th December 2008, 01:34
I know you want to camp, but have you tried backpackers?

With the economy the way it is, backpacking is down quite heavily. When booking the SI trip a couple of weeks ago, bookings for January seemed like the far flung future to them, asking if we wanted accom for the night (ie, that night)

As for New Years Eve... going to bed early. GiJoe is demanding I be up at some crazy time like 0430 to ride to Wellington to start the trip. Bastard :weep:

bloody gijoe

I love ocean so camping by the seas what Im after............ i like my one man tent too......... everythings booked...left it to late :(

DingoZ
30th December 2008, 02:18
What am I doin for New Years....hhmmmmmm lets see.............Nope sucks gunna be working....:(

Have fun anyone who is out and about and stay safe as well...
:niceone:

bikerboy011
30th December 2008, 02:36
Am in Qatar, nothing planned yet for new years probably just with the family ay.

racerhead
30th December 2008, 03:02
Me, Im just staying home and chilling out for the night, over here new years does be just totally crazy busy and impossible have fun unless your totally twisted drunk:(
Probably going to end up doing some taxi runs for my sister though

Happy new year to all anyway and enjoy 2009:niceone:

Mrs Busa Pete
30th December 2008, 06:06
bloody gijoe

I love ocean so camping by the seas what Im after............ i like my one man tent too......... everythings booked...left it to late :(

Am in Qatar, nothing planned yet for new years probably just with the family ay.

There is always this we had a lot of fun last year and we anticapate we will this year as well.

www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1791&day=2008-12-31&

ynot slow
30th December 2008, 06:47
Try Onaero camp just north of New Plymouth,usually quiet and good beach,up the road is Urenui and is a bit more busy.

Ride down and as you get to Mokau keep an eye out at the campsites for tent room.

Nasty
30th December 2008, 06:48
Normal new years .. chilling at home ... watching tv .. doing housework ...

Now ... going to a party .. might stay up to midnight ... might not ;)

Scouse
30th December 2008, 07:28
New Years at Rocky Bay in Waiheke for me. at least you have got the Sprint running now Tania.

Number One
30th December 2008, 07:32
Now ... going to a party .. might stay up to midnight ... might not ;)
Party? I don't think I labelled it a party did I? It will just be me drinking margaritas and you and I jumping up and down on the new trampoline :laugh: As for Midnight I will probably be awake until 12.05am :lol:

Nasty
30th December 2008, 07:36
Party? I don't think I labelled it a party did I? It will just be me drinking margaritas and you and I jumping up and down on the new trampoline :laugh: As for Midnight I will probably be awake until 12.05am :lol:

Drinks .. and tramp .. sounds to me like a party!!

Maha
30th December 2008, 07:40

So Sully60 is invited?

Number One
30th December 2008, 07:47
So Sully60 is invited?
You'll keep ole man :whistle:

laserracer
30th December 2008, 08:01
OOOOOO stayin at the KINGSGATE ROTORUA then partying hard at marama lakeside resort
:no:having to leave bikes at home:shit:
BUT:niceone:Have 2 jet ski's we can use:wari::bye:

Dooly
30th December 2008, 08:32
The missus and her friend are taking a couple of horses up to a farm on the Wairoa rd near a beach to ride for the arvo of new years eve with a group. I'm going up there with the dirt bikes to hoon around the area, then sink piss all night and stay over.

Blossom
30th December 2008, 08:39
We have some insanely nice british friends who have invited us and our 4 children (see thats the insane part) over for an overnighter at their place in the country.. they have a pool and a spa and hes a chef...I am hardly gonna say no am I...:lol: Happy new Years all.

FJRider
30th December 2008, 11:28
:laugh: As for Midnight I will probably be awake until 12.05am :lol:

You old tart you... I can even manage 12.10... on a gooood night

FJRider
30th December 2008, 11:31

and a guaranteed jump... how good is that...

Number One
30th December 2008, 11:35
and a guaranteed jump... how good is that...
Hey..let's just be clear...I don't promise all my guests a jump...just the special ones :msn-wink:

motodrummer
30th December 2008, 11:39
Good luck with your plans, my band is playing at the Riverhead tavern, new years eve. Were a hard rock covers band (classic and new stuff) Should be a blast if you wana check us out! BLUEFIELDS.

portokiwi
30th December 2008, 11:52
my kids want to see the fireworks at the sky tower.... so we are going to take a goodie bags up on the cliff front at St haillers bay drink wine and soft drinks and set off all the fire works we have left over.
Could be our last new years in Auckland so it will be nice to see the display.

Mrs Busa Pete
30th December 2008, 12:08
we are going to the strangers it west auckland with 100 other kbers will still be up when the tui sings taking a boat load of piss litraly the boat is the ice bin the more the beter pm the stranger for adress see you there

Hans
31st December 2008, 07:31
Off to Ngawi with some mates. Crays, grog, campfire. Leaving shortly, yay!