PDA

View Full Version : Bloody fog...

slofox
31st December 2008, 11:37
What's with fog in the middle (technically anyway) of summer???? :Oi:
Fell out of bed this morning to find the city fog bound....waited an hour and it looked clear. Dragged on the gears and fired up the iron horse....only to find that the fog was only clear in the city. Two minutes out of town and it was everywhere - again! So basically I looped around and went home, after refilling the gas tank. Some ride! :violin:

roy.nz
31st December 2008, 11:39
That really sucks. Pretty weird to be foggy this time of year, Global warming i say ( bullshit ). Just one of those weird mornings. :rolleyes:

jtzzr
31st December 2008, 12:21
If you had ridden another 10mins ,who knows , the fog might have been non existant. The weather was fookin beautiful up here in aucks, just enogh to run up a couple of hundred k`s.

slofox
31st December 2008, 13:37
If you had ridden another 10mins ,who knows , the fog might have been non existant.

Nah - it was thick as pigs*it and from up on the ridge I could see it went for miles....typical Waikato fog.....that's what becomes of living in a swamp basin.....

Mom
31st December 2008, 14:03
If you had ridden another 10mins ,who knows , the fog might have been non existant. The weather was fookin beautiful up here in aucks, just enogh to run up a couple of hundred k`s.

Was really foggy up here early this morning, but burned off nicely.

slofox
31st December 2008, 15:25
Was really foggy up here early this morning, but burned off nicely.

Burned off here eventually too but I had things to do by then, dammit...and rain predicted for later today and tomorrow...ngngngrrrrrrr!!!

jtzzr
31st December 2008, 15:27
Burned off here eventually too but I had things to do by then, dammit...and rain predicted for later today and tomorrow...ngngngrrrrrrr!!!

Crikey , I hope you get to go for a decent ride soon.:scooter:

Swoop
31st December 2008, 19:37
5am this morning and most of the Kaipara Harbour was under a goodly dose of fog.
Humidity point and dew-point? Something to do with them being close to the same.:scratch: