PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Leone: Charity bike taken – by Council Chief!

Bob
16th February 2005, 01:15
According to local sources, one of four bikes supplied by the World Health Organization (WHO) to the Kambia District Health Management Committee has been held back… because the Government has not given the local council chairman a vehicle of his own!

O.S. Fofnah (Editorial decision, this guy doesn’t deserve the title of “Mr”), is said to have remarked that if the government cannot not give him a vehicle, he can "still manage the bike," and that no amount of pressure will make him let go the bike.

So because of one selfish local politician, the provision of drugs to patients in areas where other vehicles are unable to access is being seriously delayed.

I know I’m supposed to stay neutral, but this sort of thing makes me feel sick.

Skyryder
18th February 2005, 22:04
According to local sources, one of four bikes supplied by the World Health Organization (WHO) to the Kambia District Health Management Committee has been held back… because the Government has not given the local council chairman a vehicle of his own!

O.S. Fofnah (Editorial decision, this guy doesn’t deserve the title of “Mr”), is said to have remarked that if the government cannot not give him a vehicle, he can "still manage the bike," and that no amount of pressure will make him let go the bike.

So because of one selfish local politician, the provision of drugs to patients in areas where other vehicles are unable to access is being seriously delayed.

I know I’m supposed to stay neutral, but this sort of thing makes me feel sick.

It's the mentality. I can remember when they had the Commonwealth Ministers conference here in Chch a few years back I did a charter. There was this big fat Afican minster who wanted to make the Grande Entre with everyone looking. This dicks henchman was continually on the cell phone and checking off the other ministers as they arrived. This fuckwit was over two hours late. Suited me but I heard later from other drivers a lot of people were pissed off. Some of these guys might be down from the trees but they sure as hell have not landed yet.

Skyryder

Motu
19th February 2005, 07:46
At a certain location where I used to live the council had a couple of DT175s as rabbit control vehicles,as the only mechanic in the area with a vague knowledge of motorcycles the council mechanic sometimes gave them to me to work on.Both ''disapeared'' after a big dust up at the council and the council manager resigned and left the area.