PDA

View Full Version : Big Dave's BOTY

MVnut
31st December 2008, 15:37
Well done mate, if you're ever in Chch and want another blast, just ask. (and for those that don't know, his BOTY '08 is the BMW HP2 Megamoto (aka Megamofo):Punk:

Big Dave
31st December 2008, 21:01
Hey - careful - I've started taking people up on those sorts of offers! I blagged a Spyder for the toy run weekend.

You know how I make my call? I line up all the bikes I've ridden over the year and my imaginary benefactor says 'OK - you can keep one - which one is it?'

Some science, mostly emotion.

Best fuel injection I've ridden and a package that is optimum for the speeds I like to go and the way I like to hurl them around.

The stunts strectch did on it were mint.

Big Dave
31st December 2008, 21:06
And I looked @^#%&@ hawt on it :-)

AlBundy
1st January 2009, 01:55
Interesting!

I'd like to try one of them one day...

Big Dave
1st January 2009, 03:06
take your 690 and give it double the horsepower and significantly more stability with no compromise in the chuckability at all.

also double the price.

MVnut
1st January 2009, 10:16
[QUOTE=Big Dave;1870256]Hey - careful - I've started taking people up on those sorts of offers! I blagged a Spyder for the toy run weekend.

Dangerous as it may be, the offer stands...... you may even feel like riding some of the other bikes at home here, I think you'd like most of them.:niceone:

Big Dave
1st January 2009, 10:49
Cool - I'll be in town on assignment in March - and maybe before. Vee hook up.

MVnut
1st January 2009, 11:17
See ya then, keep in mind March 21/22 we will be in Otago if the weather is good so Vicki (Flame) can have a crack at some more speed records on MVs. The Tamburini has shed 12kg and will have another 15 or 16 ponies at the wheel hopefully, and maybe a go at the under 750cc record on the Senna, we'll see.:woohoo:

AlBundy
1st January 2009, 14:38
take your 690 and give it double the horsepower and significantly more stability with no compromise in the chuckability at all.

That sounds like it could be a very nice machine to ride, specially at higher speeds. The KTM is awesome in the slower stuff but tends to be loose and flighty from 120 and up...

Big Dave
1st January 2009, 17:05
That sounds like it could be a very nice machine to ride, specially at higher speeds. The KTM is awesome in the slower stuff but tends to be loose and flighty from 120 and up...

Yeah - the longer legs are nice on the open road and it has one of the sweetest front ends ever. The ease with which it changes directions is outstanding for a big unit.