PDA

View Full Version : Pop star Ronan to take to Route 66

Bob
16th February 2005, 01:16
It seems that charity motorcycle rides are becoming en vogue with celebrities.

Former Westlife member Ronan Keating is gearing up for a new charity challenge that will see him riding his Harley Davidson along Route 66. The bike-mad singer said it is his dream to ride across America with a group called the Irish 66ers, fundraising bikers who hail from every county in Ireland.

"Next year I'm doing Route 66. With a bit of planning I'll take a couple of weeks off work and go with these guys," he said "We'll get on our Harleys, it'll be a blast, I'm really looking forward to it."

Motu
16th February 2005, 06:46
Well if you ever plan to motor west
Just take my way that's the highway that's the best
Get your kicks on Route 66

Well it winds from Chicago to L.A.
More than 2000 miles all the way

Well goes from St. Louie down to Missouri
Oklahoma City looks oh so pretty
You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino

Would you get hip to this kindly tip
And go take that California trip

Well goes from St. Louie down to Missouri
Oklahoma city looks oh so pretty
You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino

Would you get hip to this kindly tip
And go take that California trip

XTC
16th February 2005, 06:49
So ummm Maybe i've been living under a rock but who's Ronan? Never headr him mentioned on Bfm....

Blakamin
16th February 2005, 08:05
wow...what a unique idea...H-Ds on route 66

/sarcasm mode off

bear
16th February 2005, 09:15
Less adventurous than old Ewan, but nevertheless still does hold a certain amount of appeal.

Posh Tourer :P
16th February 2005, 12:22
So ummm Maybe i've been living under a rock but who's Ronan? Never headr him mentioned on Bfm....

"The artist formerly known as Ronan Keating"?

sorta enrique iglesias/ricky martin ish.... I think..... maybe....

Motu
16th February 2005, 13:11
Did he do a version of Route 66? The Stones did a crap cover...as always.Natalie Cole's version was hot.So,how many renditions of this song have there been?

And for those of us with zimmer frames - what was the car used in the TV series?

Kickaha
16th February 2005, 17:18
Did he do a version of Route 66? The Stones did a crap cover...as always.Natalie Cole's version was hot.So,how many renditions of this song have there been?

And for those of us with zimmer frames - what was the car used in the TV series?

Oi I don't need a zimmer frame

59 Corvette in the first series,but bugger all of the filming was done on route 66

Route 66
The Mother Road
by Michael Wallis is a good read,thats where I got the answer from

Pwalo
17th February 2005, 07:18
Sounds like a bloody good excuse for a holiday to me. Perhaps someone could sponsor me to do the same. I'd even swing a leg over an anachronistic piece of American hardware to do so.

El Dopa
17th February 2005, 19:16
Former Westlife member Ronan Keating is gearing up for a new charity challenge that will see him riding his Harley Davidson along Route 66.

With any luck, the talentless, gormless, charm-free paddy shitbag will get run over by a Hummer. Repeatedly.

Skyryder
20th February 2005, 17:59
With any luck, the talentless, gormless, charm-free paddy shitbag will get run over by a Hummer. Repeatedly.

Hope not. Then route 66 will be the mecca for the teenyboppers. Daughter has one of his songs on Quick time. Rollercoaster. Bit mushy for me but a catchy tune.

Skyryder