PDA

View Full Version : England Rugby Logo

bluninja
16th February 2005, 03:31
As the 6 nations is well on it's way, though you might like to see the sponsors logo explained. :yeah:

Sniper
16th February 2005, 06:52
Hahaha, I have always wondered, but what happens when they have played a season of games??

bluninja
16th February 2005, 07:30
I think if the season continues as it started it will go from O2 to Ohmygod :doctor:

Oscar
16th February 2005, 07:45
I think if the season continues as it started it will go from O2 to Ohmygod :doctor:

Come back when you've won two world cups and two world wars...

Ninja51
16th February 2005, 07:53

Well said that man... but you could open up a can of worms here :-)

Oscar
16th February 2005, 07:55
Well said that man... but you could open up a can of worms here :-)

Too late, old chap - the worms are already out.
Bloody Colonials...

John
16th February 2005, 07:59
I said I'd do it tommorrow....waaahhh *etc*

vifferman
16th February 2005, 08:02
That's a very good point.

So - to win the world cup, they'll need the help of NZ, Australia, USA, Canada, India, and all the other countries who helped with the wars? :Pokey:

Oscar
16th February 2005, 08:07
That's a very good point.

So - to win the world cup, they'll need the help of NZ, Australia, USA, Canada, India, and all the other countries who helped with the wars? :Pokey:

No, you see they've already won two world cups, although they did get some help from those prenennial chockers the All Blacks, who were good enough to give the Wallabies an inflated view of their worth...

bluninja
16th February 2005, 08:20
But the English only won 1 world cup at rugby. Are you counting 1966 as well?

Sniper
16th February 2005, 08:44
Hmm, world wars

Oscar
16th February 2005, 08:46
hmm.. are we talking rugby??? england has only won one world cup at this (http://www.worldcupweb.com/WCrugby/history.asp) site
then there's this (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=44564&Reg=1)
and we've "won" 2 world wars the same way england did.... with the help of everyone else....

so come back to me when you've won 2 or 8 world cups..... and a war all by yerself!!! :shake:

bloody pomgolians

Comprehension not a strong point?
1. Two World Wars and Two World Cups. I didn't say which sport, as I expected that any halfwit would know what I was on about (obviously I was wrong on that count).

2. It's difficult to win a war all by yourself, as there has to be at least two participants.

3. Rugby League????!!! Who gives a rats arse about League?

bluninja
16th February 2005, 08:51
Oscar, I thought we shipped the curmudgeon types off to Oz. Did your ship get blown off course? :confused:

Just don't get me started on Andy Robinson grrrrrrrr :angry2:

Oscar
16th February 2005, 08:53
Oscar, I thought we shipped the curmudgeon types off to Oz. Did your ship get blown off course? :confused:

Just don't get me started on Andy Robinson grrrrrrrr :angry2:

No, no, that was the [i]criminal[/] types...
We flew out - paid our own fare, like.

Oscar
16th February 2005, 09:09
well, being that poms love "football" and you hadn't actually won 2 world cups, I thougt it would pay to check...

If the poms are fighting, it takes about eight countries (on one side)

dunno... I don't follow rugby of any kind... just making sure I had some facts before I spouted off.... I thought any halfwit would do that... (obviously I was wrong)

England has one two world cups at "Football". One at Association Football and the other at Rugby Union.

Gee, I see your grasp of world history is similar to your knowledge of sport - insular and shallow.

bluninja
16th February 2005, 09:12
Gee, I see your grasp of world history is similar to your knowledge of sport - insular and shallow.

For a moment I thought I'd dropped into the religious ravings thread :spudwhat: Then I realised you weren't replying to Zed :2thumbsup

Oscar
16th February 2005, 09:13
For a moment I thought I'd dropped into the religious ravings thread :spudwhat: Then I realised you weren't replying to Zed :2thumbsup

I'm an equal opportunity grumpy bastid.

Oscar
16th February 2005, 09:18
Actually, my grasp of world history (especially the history of world wars) is a bit bigger than you might imagine....
australia happens (by your definition) to have 10 world cups.....
If you don't like the places, you can always go home..... :niceone:

Oh, the xenophobes card, nasty. Did your case worker help you with that?

I'll type this slowly as I can see you struggle with complex concepts: We were talking about England. See, look at the thread title "England Rugby Logo". What has Australia got to do with it?

Blakamin
16th February 2005, 09:27
I'll type this slowly as I can see you struggle with complex concepts: We were talking about England. See, look at the thread title "England Rugby Logo". What has Australia got to do with it?
ffs, oscar... you said

"you've" being the operative.... you didn't say NZ, you didnt say America.. you said

I'm Australian, and seeing we have, I came back...
Face facts, you aren't right all of the time....

did you not notice that the thread was a joke????
did you get your kicks with your "halfwit" comment?
are personal attacks your way of dealing with the fact you aren't right?
I can't be fucked wasting my time anymore

Blakamin
16th February 2005, 09:37
and the world cup thing....
did you not notice "rugby" in the title of the thread????

Oscar
16th February 2005, 09:46
ffs, oscar... you said
"you've" being the operative.... you didn't say NZ, you didnt say America.. you said
I'm Australian, and seeing we have, I came back...
Face facts, you aren't right all of the time....

did you not notice that the thread was a joke????
did you get your kicks with your "halfwit" comment?
I can't be fucked wasting my time anymore

Jeez, if I'd have know yer an Aussie, I'd dumbed it down a bit.
Take yourself a bit seriously, doncha?

idb
16th February 2005, 10:40
Sigh...
So we're going to have to listen to the Poms crowing about the Rugby win for how long - 30 years, 40 years?
They still get excited about the soccer win over 30 years ago, the Second World War 60 years ago, the First World War 85 years ago....

How far back do we go back? 222 years to when they got kicked out of the USA? No, probably not that far I bet!

Oscar
16th February 2005, 10:50
Sigh...
So we're going to have to listen to the Poms crowing about the Rugby win for how long - 30 years, 40 years?
They still get excited about the soccer win over 30 years ago, the Second World War 60 years ago, the First World War 85 years ago....

How far back do we go back? 222 years to when they got kicked out of the USA? No, probably not that far I bet!

No I tell you what, we'll only talk about trophies currently held...what a minute - England are the holders!

For your info. (and that of any slow Aussies), Two World Wars and a World Cup too, is a Barmy Army chant used to wind up Australians. I had no idea it would work on Kiwi's....

bear
16th February 2005, 11:00
Yeah England won the last rugby world cup, but haven't been that flash since. Hopefully this is all good for a dominant All Black's showing against the Lions later this year.

Biff
16th February 2005, 11:08
Yeah England won the last rugby world cup, but haven't been that flash since. Hopefully this is all good for a dominant All Black's showing against the Lions later this year.

Being Welsh (but not a pom?) I feel I must jump in at this point and declare - you're gonna get your arses kicked by the Lions, because the team will be full of Welsh, Irish and a few Scottish and possibly even fewer English!! :shake:

Oscar
16th February 2005, 11:08
Jeez, I dunno - did you see that Irish foward pack?

Blakamin
16th February 2005, 11:37
Jeez, if I'd have know yer an Aussie, I'd dumbed it down a bit.
Take yourself a bit seriously, doncha?
I said it before and I'll say it again

Oscar
16th February 2005, 11:51
I said it before and I'll say it again

Jeez, I took a bit of a punt on that "halfwit" comment, but yer hellbent on proving me right, ain't you?

Ninja51
16th February 2005, 12:34
Come on guys... lets all act our age and not our shoe size! I thought
we bikers were supposed to be a friendly bunch regardless of which rock we are from. What is it about today's threads? Rugby, religion and even bloody backracks seem to bring out the worst in some of us. Who gives a stuff. Think I'll go get a job lot of dummies...we could hold a spitting competition.

idb
16th February 2005, 15:10
[QUOTE=Oscar]No I tell you what, we'll only talk about trophies currently held...what a minute - England are the holders! QUOTE]

What're you using the plural of trophy for?

Oscar
16th February 2005, 15:16
[QUOTE=Oscar]No I tell you what, we'll only talk about trophies currently held...what a minute - England are the holders! QUOTE]

What're you using the plural of trophy for?

Because talking about ...how many Trophy we have.. is a wee bit silly.

Big Dave
16th February 2005, 15:18
Comprehension not a strong point?

3. Rugby League????!!! Who gives a rats arse about League?

I do - and care not a jot for the Union.

bd

idb
16th February 2005, 15:23
Because talking about ...how many Trophy we have.. is a wee bit silly.

Alternative: .....the Trophy that we have.....

Biff
16th February 2005, 15:37
In a futile attempt to find out if there was anything Wales were world champions in I discovered that the land of my fathers is actually the current rugby world champions.

Wooohooooo!!!! - Seriously. No shit. This is not a joke. I swear it’s the truth.

Listen to the following audio link:

Can't hear anything? That's because we're the World Deaf Rugby World Champions, and to top it off we beat New Zealand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Zealand 14-21 Wales

idb
16th February 2005, 15:46
In a futile attempt to find out if there was anything Wales were world champions in I discovered that the land of my fathers is actually the current rugby world champions.

Wooohooooo!!!! - Seriously. No shit. This is not a joke. I swear it’s the truth.

Listen to the following audio link:

Can't hear anything? That's because we're the World Deaf Rugby World Champions, and to top it off we beat New Zealand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Zealand 14-21 Wales

Silent scream!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Oscar
17th February 2005, 07:36
I do - and care not a jot for the Union.

bd

Hiya Dave.
Gonna change your user name to "Tall Dave", now?

gav
17th February 2005, 22:30
FFS
Its a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.....