PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a CHARGED battery?

firefighter
3rd January 2009, 15:26
Iv'e been on the hunt for a new battery (yes I know for a fact it's fucked) and I'm srtuggling to find a shop in Auckland that sells them CHARGED as funnily enough I don't want to buy a charger and new battery all in one go (must have something to do with the millions in my bank acc) and after visiting repco and super cheap and calling around they only seem to sell them uncharged and they don't have a charger to do it for me....:sleep:
If anyone can let me know of a magical amazing store in auckland that sells them charged- preferably out west for a reasonable price I'll be your best friend.......

P.S for the pedantic homos that want to point out the search fucntion- i've looked and don't have 9 hours to search for the answer I need......if you have a complaint feel free to point out the EXACT thread and location and wherein the thread that I can look for the information I require....:rolleyes:

davereid
3rd January 2009, 15:36
Ideally you should charge a battery after you buy it.

But, after having acid put in, its already at 80% charge.

Its acceptable to buy it, fill with acid, put it in, and ride off.

Dargor
3rd January 2009, 16:15
Ill sell you one for a million dollars. Ill need the money up front, and time to go to the shop and 12 hours to charge it.

paturoa
3rd January 2009, 16:32
They don't exist as far as I could find a couple of months ago. Best I got was an offer for it to be charged in the workshop Iif I came back in a few hours.

firefighter
4th January 2009, 18:07
......bump.......

Squiggles
4th January 2009, 18:18
cycletreads and haldanes have done ride out the door batterys for me & mates...

AllanB
4th January 2009, 18:56
Battery chargers are handy things to have and you can get them from K-Mart, SuperCheap for around $20 on sale.
Otherwise bung it in and ride for a hour or so, your charging system will boost it up and it will be sweet.

Or hopefully some bugger local to you will lend you a charger.

McDuck
4th January 2009, 19:12
Last time i got a batterie the local dealer filled it with acid for me and charged it to. Was good form my point view and good for them because they knew it was done properly.

homer
4th January 2009, 19:16
any decent shop should get it ordered for you (if they have to ) fill it , charge it , and install it for you .
i wouldnt go any where that didnt do this .
unless you specificaly want to take it away .

Jeaves
4th January 2009, 19:20
Exide sell sealed maintenance free batts that come pre-charged, although it still pays to give em a bit of a trickle charge as a top up.

Its worth buying a batt charger though, a must for your tool kit at home.

vagrant
5th January 2009, 14:22
Ring Cycletreads, tell them what you want and when you will be in to get it. They had mine all filled and sitting on the charger when I arrived to pick it up. No worries.
Great guys, great service, great price.:woohoo:

Too easy.

vagrant
5th January 2009, 14:26
Alternative, Buy your battery from Repco or whoever. You're just down the road from me, you can borrow my charger.
Send me a PM if you want it.
Working nights this week. 4pm start.

howdamnhard
5th January 2009, 14:52
If you ring Botany Honda and let them know what you want and give them 2 hours,you can pick it up fully charged and ready to go.Just called them now as I'm after a new battery to.

McDuck
5th January 2009, 16:26
Alternative, Buy your battery from Repco or whoever. You're just down the road from me, you can borrow my charger.
Send me a PM if you want it.
Working nights this week. 4pm start.

But check the price, last battery i got the dealer got it to me cheeper than super cheep

R6_kid
5th January 2009, 16:37
Ring up cycletreads before hand and arrange it with them. They'll charge it for you and install it too.

HungusMaximist
5th January 2009, 17:02
The reason people don't sell charged battery is because the chance of it actually going dud, batteries are meant to be bought dry and then activated with acid after a customer purchase it.

To be honest, I wouldn't buy a off the shelf battery (god knows how long it's been there) but then again I just cautious. However I sure there's plently of places who sell charged batteries off the shelf or if not, will be happy to charge it overnight and ready for a pick up tomorrow!

Hope you find your battery bro!

SamZXRR
8th January 2009, 17:25
Try motorcycle doctors, I broth battery from them it was much chipper then most of the dealers around.

Sparky Bills
8th January 2009, 20:13
So none of the shops you have been into have offered to charge the battery for you???
Choose a shop, pay for the battery and they will charge it for you. Dont see what the drama is...:dodge:

FROSTY
11th January 2009, 17:51
Come see me --Ill sort ya out

rphenix
11th January 2009, 21:01
cycletreads and haldanes have done ride out the door batterys for me & mates...

Yep either ring them up in advance (give a days notice), or make an order through bikebits for a battery and cycletreads will charge it for you before you pick it up.

gumby
15th January 2009, 09:53
Silver Fern Motorcycles in Papakura did one for me the other day.
In fact, they wouldn't sell me one that they hadn't charged - something to do with warranty issues.

speedpro
25th January 2009, 21:38
It extends their life if they are given a "gentle" charge after the acid is poured in. Otherwise they will be at about 80% charge as has been said. "Good" bike shops will not add the acid until you want the battery. Batteries start aging the moment you add acid.