PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out - SH22 Motards

SeppoDave
4th January 2009, 18:10
What an awesome day for it! Got an early start and went down to Waikaretu by myself today. I had swapped the 14t front sprocket for a 15t (to go with the 45t rear) and found that it was heaps easier to hit the sweet spots on the curvy backroads.

On my way back I saw some dudes just headed south: Two KTMs (Supermoto? SuperDuke?) and a red sportbike south of Pukekohe around 10:45 this am. Looking Good!! Shame you probably had to wait for the sporty all day:laugh:

In the past 3-4 days, it seems I'm seeing more and more motards out there. A Ducati Hyper out at Kawakawa Bay, a black DR-Z out Old North/Peak Rd, a 690 near Riverhead, it's great to see them gaining popularity!

Back to work tomorrow, bummer. Any other tards going to Taupo on 17th Jan?

kezzafish
5th January 2009, 21:32
is 17 jan the Taupo race?

SeppoDave
6th January 2009, 03:31
Jan 17 is the MotoTT track day.

If you mean the A1GP, it's the following weekend. As well as the offshore boat racing. Taupo will be chocka!!

AlBundy
6th January 2009, 03:45
Yeah, I think with some of the bigger 'tards' people are being swayed away from some of the other options...
Generally the ride is a bit smoother, due to longer suspension, which makes for comfy rides...

SeppoDave
6th January 2009, 14:52
Hmm...

I hope in my original post that I didn't sound as though I was implying that any of my tard bretheren on Sunday were "gravity-enhanced". I was going too fast to notice:niceone:

Anyway, you're right. The proper motards are way hard on the ring gear. I did 350km on Sunday and needed an ass transplant when I got home!

The seat on the BMW is like a sofa in comparison.

AlBundy
6th January 2009, 15:31
Lol, not at all (re gravity enhanced)...

Just an observation regarding the KTM and the Duck Hyper...

That said, what this rider lacks in gravity enhancement, my bike makes up for, lol...

I did 350k's last week and I could have gone more. I also managed around 23.4km/l... With that consumption, I could do about 315km on a tank... The 'luxury' 'tards aren't all bad...

Swings and roundabouts...

kezzafish
6th January 2009, 22:48
Jan 17 is the MotoTT track day.

If you mean the A1GP, it's the following weekend. As well as the offshore boat racing. Taupo will be chocka!!

Ok, what does the motoTT day involve? is it racing at the track along with the 1000s etc? (sorry for retarded questions but i'm slightly retarded). That weekend is Desert storm (on road between Ohakune and Waiouru) just thought if my dirt bike dies i could come for a tardy blat and have a look.

P.S. -AL.... stop talking about fuel consumption and comfort... your making us look like poofs

lol

AlBundy
7th January 2009, 03:18
Ok, what does the motoTT day involve? is it racing at the track along with the 1000s etc? (sorry for retarded questions but i'm slightly retarded). That weekend is Desert storm (on road between Ohakune and Waiouru) just thought if my dirt bike dies i could come for a tardy blat and have a look.

P.S. -AL.... stop talking about fuel consumption and comfort... your making us look like poofs

lol

Bwahahahaha...

Yeah but... Think how many times you can back it in and do stoppies etc over 315 k's... Lol...

SeppoDave
7th January 2009, 03:35
Excellent Kez, glad you asked!

MotoTT is an outfit that hosts track days at the Taupo Raceway. Yes, you are on the track with the sportbikes. However, the participants are divided into 4 groups, from fast to slow (you nominate what group you want to be in), and no one is pushed to ride faster than they are comfortable with.

The emphasis is on safety and fun, and I've never seen any aggro hardons in the two years I've been going there. You can come along and watch for free to see how it works. Then book in, we need more tards out there!

Have a look at their website http://www.motott.co.nz/

kezzafish
10th January 2009, 17:18
cool mate, cheers. Looks like a good idea. I'm still trying to sell my DRZ. But i'm hoping that'll give me enough money to do put a XCF 5 speed into my SXF and buy some tardy rims for it. That way i can do this kind of track day and not die on the road... back to going to work in the van.... damn

Quailboy
10th January 2009, 19:03
Whoever the dude was on the KTM SM (I think, orange anyway) on Twilight Rd yesterday was- you are the man!

I want a motard so bad now.:love: