PDA

View Full Version : Classic Katana 650

skidMark
5th January 2009, 16:54
Yes it's me skidMark blah blah, i locked myself out of my old account (personal reasons etc) i'm sorting getting it merged.

Anyways....

This is the current toy, thought i would share, be a while until she is done.

1981 Suzuki GS650G shaft drive katana running a RGV 250 front end. :Punk:

Skid.

98tls
5th January 2009, 17:07
Good on ya,different for sure.What states the motor in?

skidMark
5th January 2009, 17:09
Good on ya,different for sure.What states the motor in?

Motor in it was on its way out, so i have got a complete bike i am using for spares, motor in that one is a very good runner. Should be a good steed once sorted, it was my mule down in the south island, so keeping the old girl alive :love:

Skid.

Maha
5th January 2009, 17:09
Welcome back Mark....:hug:

skidMark
5th January 2009, 17:12
Welcome back Mark....:hug:

Cheers mate, shall see if this place has gotton a bit more civilised since i left.

JMemonic
5th January 2009, 17:47
I like the grafted front end, you might need to up the springs a bit, would be interesting if you can mono shock the rear end, perhaps a more modern swingarm grafted in, I know it could be difficult given the shaft forms haif the swingarm.

Keep us posted.

rudolph
5th January 2009, 18:16
Couldn't keep away ay? I think this needs some crazy exhausts and a cool paint job, leaped skin seat cover.

skidMark
5th January 2009, 18:20
I like the grafted front end, you might need to up the springs a bit, would be interesting if you can mono shock the rear end, perhaps a more modern swingarm grafted in, I know it could be difficult given the shaft forms haif the swingarm.

Keep us posted.

Yeah it definately causes problems being shaft drive, i am going to decide on front end beef up once the motor is in, tank is full etc, see how it reacts then go from there, another reason for not modifying the rear is tight budget.

time will tell though, maybe down the line i can work out something for the rear with the spare parts, so i can still ride this one in the interim.

Skid.

JMemonic
5th January 2009, 19:12
Yeah it definately causes problems being shaft drive, i am going to decide on front end beef up once the motor is in, tank is full etc, see how it reacts then go from there, another reason for not modifying the rear is tight budget.

time will tell though, maybe down the line i can work out something for the rear with the spare parts, so i can still ride this one in the interim.

Skid.

Lol I understand the budget thing, good plan on the front end, might give you time to get friendly with a spring maker ;).

Keep us posted.

skidMark
5th January 2009, 21:07
Lol I understand the budget thing, good plan on the front end, might give you time to get friendly with a spring maker ;).

Keep us posted.

Yep will definately keep ya posted.:yes:

skidMark
6th January 2009, 23:32
Couldn't keep away ay? I think this needs some crazy exhausts and a cool paint job, leaped skin seat cover.

Speaking of which when are you helping me make my tri-Y headers?:clap:

carver
7th January 2009, 09:11
will that be your moto GP bike for this season?

Buddy L
7th January 2009, 20:19
Welcome back Mark Auckland /Skidmark/marky mark?
Your bikes looking good mate, front end looks real aggressive.
Hopefully ill be getting a road bike again sometime

skidMark
7th January 2009, 20:35
will that be your moto GP bike for this season?

Too old...

Welcome back Mark Auckland /Skidmark/marky mark?
Your bikes looking good mate, front end looks real aggressive.
Hopefully ill be getting a road bike again sometime

Yeah i'm stoked with her to be honest.

Be good if you get a roadbike, you're pro as auw!

Would txt ya sometimes but i lost ya number when my old sim died... i still have same number mate.

skidMark
18th May 2009, 00:42
Here ya go fellas...

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6869/kat212.jpg

Big Dave
18th May 2009, 15:10
Wants some air in that front tyre.

skidMark
18th May 2009, 21:30
Wants some air in that front tyre.

Yeah mate sorted since the pic pic is about a month old and is the newest i have at the moment, will try get some finished ones soon, got a nice tail light etc etc

ducatilover
18th May 2009, 22:32
looks shiny bro. :niceone:

xwhatsit
18th May 2009, 22:46
Nice Mark, it may not be all original and factory-perfect but I reckon anybody who turns an abandoned `pushbike' into a rideable machine again is doing something very good.