PDA

View Full Version : Bucket - FXR/GL/CB/MB/GP/AX

Squiggles
5th January 2009, 22:08
In search of a bucket or something that i can make into a bucket...
Prefer two smokers but can live with 4's. Anybody got something? :rockon:

Skunk
5th January 2009, 22:26
Cross the AX off your list. NOW!

Add GN125.

Ixion
5th January 2009, 23:23
But why? I'm thinking a fun thing in this bucket business would be to take something apparently totally unsuitable and see what one could do with it. Just by way of giggles lke.

I'm thinking something like this (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-196079649.htm)
And you might be surprised what could be made of that. The engine, anyway

Ixion
5th January 2009, 23:24

Add GN125.

That's a four stroke! Are you trying to pervert the boy?

Trudes
6th January 2009, 07:29

Add GN125.

Shhhhh, I was going to try and sell him Pamela!!!
She could do with some more "development"s.

Str8 Jacket
6th January 2009, 07:42
Shhhhh, I was going to try and sell him Pamela!!!
She could do with some more "development"s.

You seriously selling Pammy? I know of a couple of people that may be interested in her....

You are replacing her with another bucket, eh?!

Trudes
6th January 2009, 08:17
You seriously selling Pammy? I know of a couple of people that may be interested in her....

You are replacing her with another bucket, eh?!

Yep, no hurry, but shortly (hopefully) she will only be taking up garage space, once I have Rangi up and going. If you know of anyone who may be interested Hels then feel free to pass on my number to them :) Chur.

Skunk
6th January 2009, 09:52
Yep, no hurry, but shortly (hopefully) she will only be taking up garage space, once I have Rangi up and going. If you know of anyone who may be interested Hels then feel free to pass on my number to them :) Chur.
As yours already is a bucket it's good - I just won't recommend that anyone buys an AX to make into a bucket anymore... As we both have discovered, there are easier options.

Squiggles
6th January 2009, 12:23
As yours already is a bucket it's good - I just won't recommend that anyone buys an AX to make into a bucket anymore... As we both have discovered, there are easier options.

Ill take your word for it ;) Im liking the idea of a GL145 if i can lay my hands on one

Str8 Jacket
6th January 2009, 12:33
Ill take your word for it ;) Im liking the idea of a GL145 if i can lay my hands on one

Ive just bought an FXR that I can commute and bucket race on. The reason for the FXR is varied for me but here goes:

1. It is the closet in size and shape that I can get compared to the RG. This helps me learn skills at Buckes that I can tranfer to Street Stock racing easily.
2. It is road worthy and CHEAP to commute on
3. Can nylon and number it up, ride to buckets, race and ride home again.
4. I can get CHEAP insurance
5. The rims/tyres are the same size as my RG...
6. From what Ive seen they make awesome buckets
The main reason I bought it:
There was a road worthy bike for a decent price on KB

Keep your eye out. Ya never know what may come up for sale ;)

Squiggles
6th January 2009, 12:40
Ive just bought an FXR that I can commute and bucket race on. The reason for the FXR is varied for me but here goes:

1. It is the closet in size and shape that I can get compared to the RG. This helps me learn skills at Buckes that I can tranfer to Street Stock racing easily.
2. It is road worthy and CHEAP to commute on
3. Can nylon and number it up, ride to buckets, race and ride home again.
4. I can get CHEAP insurance
5. The rims/tyres are the same size as my RG...
6. From what Ive seen they make awesome buckets
The main reason I bought it:
There was a road worthy bike for a decent price on KB

Keep your eye out. Ya never know what may come up for sale ;)

Yer, i made an offer on that bike as i know it well (Its spent a few months in my gargre). Limited to writeoff fxr's really, but i've always liked the styling of the GL145 buckets people come out with, beautiful.

Str8 Jacket
6th January 2009, 13:45
Yer, i made an offer on that bike as i know it well (Its spent a few months in my gargre).

Doh! Sorry dude! :chase:

Squiggles
6th January 2009, 16:13
Doh! Sorry dude! :chase:

Dont be, its going to someone who'll give it more love than me :msn-wink:

Str8 Jacket
7th January 2009, 12:42
Dont be, its going to someone who'll give it more love than me :msn-wink:

I only ever have the best of intentions.

Mrs Busa Pete
7th January 2009, 13:14
But why? I'm thinking a fun thing in this bucket business would be to take something apparently totally unsuitable and see what one could do with it. Just by way of giggles lke.

I'm thinking something like this (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-196079649.htm)
And you might be surprised what could be made of that. The engine, anyway

there was a 150 bsa on trade me

Squiggles
8th January 2009, 13:04
to the top

Ixion
8th January 2009, 13:18
there was a 150 bsa on trade me

I already proposed a Bantam. They used to do quite well in racing back in the day. I had a road going one that had a top speed of 60mph, unheard of for a bantam. But perhaps a little underwhelming nowadays. Not to mention the three speed gearbox (effectively two speed, cos first had a habit of shedding teeth if used too enthusiastically).

What I really want is an LS-2 Yamaha.

Squiggles
10th January 2009, 20:04
bump to the top :)

Ixion
10th January 2009, 20:05
Where's my LS-2 ?

Squiggles
20th February 2009, 14:07
A big bump! Looking for one for the mrs... North half of the Country preferred.

Skunk
20th February 2009, 14:15
Have you talked to Trudes?

Squiggles
20th February 2009, 14:49
Have you talked to Trudes?

Negative...

Trudes
20th February 2009, 17:15
Pamela (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=66282&highlight=pamela) could still be for sale, but you might have to be quick, seems everyone and their dog wants a bucket these days:rolleyes:

piston broke
20th February 2009, 19:18
could still be for sale, but you might have to be quick, seems everyone and their dog wants a bucket these days:rolleyes:

so i see that you're lookin for transport to auck's for pamela,
does this mean squiggles is the new owner?

Trudes
20th February 2009, 19:20
so i see that you're lookin for transport to auck's for pamela,
does this mean squiggles is the new owner?

No, someone else was looking at being her new daddy, but he's found something closer to home I believe.

Kendog
20th February 2009, 20:54
Pamela might be a bit hot for Auckland.

Squiggles
21st February 2009, 12:53
No, someone else was looking at being her new daddy, but he's found something closer to home I believe.

Ill consult with Hanne :mobile: