PDA

View Full Version : I'm Over It

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 07:02
I'm so over this bike thing now the state of our roads irresponsible cage drivers i'm sick of it.We havn't been out for a long ride in ages we just havn't wanted to So i want to sell the busa and buy a boat.
We will have a bike for pete and i to go for a pootle every now and then but we don't see a need for a big bike like the busa. Pete is thinking of something like a bandit.

Anyone want to buy a limited addition white busa

How Many people out there are feeling the same as us.

jrandom
6th January 2009, 07:02

*tumbleweed*

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 07:06
1300 to a 1250 that goes pretty much the same on the road?

jrandom
6th January 2009, 07:08

I think she's talking about the 250.

Great little bikes.

spookytooth
6th January 2009, 07:09
Not me. Just waiting to hear back from g/f as i hear the east cape calling .Time to ride :)

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 07:11

Thats true maybe he will have to look at rf900. We had one of these before and it was a dam good bike to go riding on.

NZsarge
6th January 2009, 07:11
All the dangers that you mention are present down here too ofcourse but I think due to the much lower population mass you might find some of these driver related issues less prevalent down these parts...
But then again there's probably a lot more stock on the roads and the roads themselves on average are'nt in as good nick so...
I feel sometimes like what the hell?!! But I get over it, enjoy motorcycling too much to chuck it away..

pritch
6th January 2009, 07:12
We will have a bike for pete and i to go for a pootle every now and then but we don't see a need for a big bike like the busa.

I sorta went through a similar mental process when I bought the Hornet, and again when I bought the VFR. As I get older, and as the traffic and associated hazards get more pervasive, I see a time where a Bonneville will increase in appeal to me. I did consider a Harley but they demand too many compromises.

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 07:15
I did consider a Harley but they demand too many compromises.

Like being very enjoyable to ride at around the speed limit? :yes:

I'd pick the Scrambler from the Bonne range myself.

icekiwi
6th January 2009, 07:19
The rides going to be bumpy in a boat too you know.....

jrandom
6th January 2009, 07:19
I'd quite like an XT660.

:yes:

sels1
6th January 2009, 07:21
, I see a time where a Bonneville will increase in appeal to me. I did consider a Harley but they demand too many compromises.
Likewise. The bonney is the sort of bike you can keep in the garage forever, you can pull it out now and then for a bit of fun, or do some serious miles on if you want to..

I'd quite like an XT660.
Yeah they're not bad either

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 07:24
The rides going to be bumpy in a boat too you know.....

Yep i know that but at lest there won't be any cows around the next bend or asshole cage driving on the wrong side.

And with a bit of luck we can catch dinner

martybabe
6th January 2009, 07:24
But I get over it, enjoy motorcycling too much to chuck it away..

Yeah, much the same here, I often think of hanging up the helmet for good then I have one o them rides, you know one of them rides where ya just don't wanna stop and wash yer hands for tea, where everything comes together so sublimely you can't remember what you were doing before you got on the bike.

When the whole world seems to be working against you it's all too easy to forget why we ride.

:apint:

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 07:27
Yep i know that but at lest there won't be any cows around the next bend or asshole cage driving on the wrong side.

Can you swim?

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 07:30
Can you swim?

I can dog paddle is that the same thing.

We have had a boat before but we sold it because we where useing it much when we go the busa.

86GSXR
6th January 2009, 07:33
The older I get the more I enjoy it and we're blessed with some fine roads just a few minutes away down here. Boats are very cool too.

martybabe
6th January 2009, 07:34
Likewise. The bonney is the sort of bike you can keep in the garage forever, you can pull it out now and then for a bit of fun, or do some serious miles on if you want to..

I'm not a big Bonnie fan but when you put it in that context it becomes quite tempting. Well said.:niceone:

Big Dave
I can dog paddle is that the same thing.

It astonishes an Aussie that so many Kiwis can't swim yet own boats - or even go to the beach.

Mrs Busa Pete
Can you swim?

Don't need to i'll just get one of those blow up flotation devices from krd just have to work out what shape .

DUCATI*HARD
6th January 2009, 07:47
I'm so over this bike thing now the state of our roads irresponsible cage drivers i'm sick of it.We havn't been out for a long ride in ages we just havn't wanted to So i want to sell the busa and buy a boat.
We will have a bike for pete and i to go for a pootle every now and then but we don't see a need for a big bike like the busa. Pete is thinking of something like a bandit.

at least your not hanging the helmets up for good,,,im sure you would regret that,,,the sea is as dangerous as the road,,,we have a boat which we hardley use as we are to busy riding,,,why not get a jet ski,,,then at least you still feel like your riding:2thumbsup

madbikeboy
6th January 2009, 07:52
It astonishes an Aussie that so many Kiwis can't swim yet own boats - or even go to the beach.

I live on the beach, and I use it everyday - but I hate swimming without a wetsuit - I've done half ironman, but I'm a terrible (slow) swimmer. I was training at the pool once, and a mate of mine (who is a world champ triathlete) came up afterwards and was telling me about this clown he saw trying to splash his way down the pool - that clown was me.

HenryDorsetCase
6th January 2009, 07:52
Don't need to i'll just get one of those blow up flotation devices from krd just have to work out what shape .

my personal favourite is the sheep. Mmmmmmm, Baaaaaabara.

Oh yeah, about the biking thing: I quite enjoy road riding although acknowledge the negative aspects referred to. I have not felt like getting out in the last while because it is silly season, but to be honest I have been enjoying riding my new MTB a hell of a lot as well.

Having said that I may end up going up to Kaikoura for a blat one day this week, since I am still on hols. Yay for hols!

Hitcher
6th January 2009, 07:54

ROFL. It sums by ones but not by twos? Edition.

snapperman
6th January 2009, 07:56
do you like fishing/diving?? boats are not cheep either.

Daffyd
6th January 2009, 07:59
Definition of a boat: A hole in the water you have to keep filling with money!

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 08:02
this is my back yard .
from red beach throught orewa past hatfelds then wiwera and out to the inlet to maharangi

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 08:03
I live on the beach,

It's part of the School curriculum in Aus.
My high school had a half Olympic pool and 3mtr platform.
Open at lunchtimes and free periods.

I was a representative breaststroker back then - and I could swim OK too.

enigma51
6th January 2009, 08:03

Same here over the whole melting tar and those fucking gravel crap they put over the road after the summer to resurface the road ... WTF

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 08:06
and some from the front yard.

1;back yard .
2; back yard

snapperman
6th January 2009, 08:08
get the boat bro!

MsKABC
6th January 2009, 08:09

It is here too, but then so are the three R's and yet many of our kids still come out of school not being good at those either. (I'm a former teacher, so I'm not having a go at the education system or teachers as such, more at society as a whole). Sorry, threadjack.

Unit
Funny thing is, after all the driving I do through the week, I cant wait to get on my bike, I feel safer on it, because if there's a dipshit around me on the road, I have the right machine under me to get the hell away from them. Did boating for 10 years, would rather ride, but hey I understand completely too

yungatart
My high school had a half Olympic pool and 3mtr platform.
Open at lunchtimes and free periods.

I was a representative breaststroker back then - and I could swim OK too.

It is part of NZ curriculum too..only kiwi kids moan about having to get their hair wet so mummy writes a note to the teacher asking for little Tammy to please be excused from swimming, hence Tammy never learns to swim....

pritch
6th January 2009, 08:10
Like being very enjoyable to ride at around the speed limit? :yes:

That's a definite plus and is what initially attracted me, but I was worried about not being able to get around corners at much above walking speed.

Hitcher
6th January 2009, 08:12
get the boat bro!

And don't get a limited addition model. Get one that can at least manage quadratic equations and preferably turn its hand to differential calculus.

limbimtimwim
6th January 2009, 08:12
Keep thinking about having a radical change in bike. The DR-Z400SM was quite a change from a GSXR750 and the 999 was quite a change from a DR-Z.

Keeps me interested anyway.

MsKABC
6th January 2009, 08:13
And don't get a limited addition model. Get one that can at least manage quadratic equations and preferably turn its hand to differential calculus.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Hitcher again"

:clap:

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 08:14
ROFL. It sums by ones but not by twos? Edition.

bloody wendy when will she learn

more_fasterer
6th January 2009, 08:15

The standard of boat driving / skippering in the hauraki gulf is arguably worse than the standard of driving on the nearby roads - with no license requirement (such as it is) and no enforcement, people do what the fuck they like on the water and you'd better be prepared to get out of the way!

As bikers I'm sure you'll be used to the above position though...

HenryDorsetCase
6th January 2009, 08:16

You need a bike that can answer the question: If you leave Orewa at 2pm on the Busa, and average 170kph travelling South, and I leave Christchurch at 2:15pm travelling north, averaging 90kph, and assuming ideal conditions, where are we meeting for coffee?

Answer: on the fucking ferry, and the coffee is shit and really expensive.

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 08:16
That's a definite plus and is what initially attracted me, but I was worried about not being able to get around corners at much above walking speed.

Come for a ride with me one day. Usually dispels that rumour too. :-)

HenryDorsetCase
6th January 2009, 08:17
It is part of NZ curriculum too..only kiwi kids moan about having to get their hair wet so mummy writes a note to the teacher asking for little Tammy to please be excused from swimming, hence Tammy never learns to swim....

I dont understand it either. My bro in law has started his neice at swimming lessons age 3. She loves the water.

HenryDorsetCase
6th January 2009, 08:18
Come for a ride with me one day. Usually dispels that rumour too. :-)

XR1200: knee down.

pritch
6th January 2009, 08:19

And don't forget, it needs to be "cheep".

BD

I was talking to a primary school Principal over Christmas about kids not learning to swim. She says the OSH requirements mean that a lot of schools have drained the pools. It's all just too much trouble.

I suppose that it's far preferable to have them drowning in rivers and on beaches than in school pools (?). Although I have no idea how many kids drowned in school pools.

She didn't say it but another problem is the lack of "sports" oriented teachers (read males) in the primary school system.

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 08:23
Keep thinking about having a radical change in bike. The DR-Z400SM was quite a change from a GSXR750 and the 999 was quite a change from a DR-Z.

Keeps me interested anyway.

Yep - I sold my fully faired sprots tourer and went dual sport nekkid tractor.

I went from 10 demerits left to full complement and enjoy riding mucho, mucho moreo.

MsKABC
6th January 2009, 08:28
I suppose that it's far preferable to have them drowning in rivers and on beaches than in school pools (?). Although I have no idea how many kids drowned in school pools.

Kids drown because they are not supervised, not because they can't swim. NZ's rivers and beaches are dangerous even for good swimmers. I almost drowned as a child (a child who could swim really well, by the way) because my Aunty FELL ASLEEP on the beach. A stranger fished me out of the water where I was floating face-down.

She didn't say it but another problem is the lack of "sports" oriented teachers (read males) in the primary school system.

There definitely is a lack of male teachers in our primary schools, but I wouldn't say the female teachers are non-sporty.

In answer to Busa Pete's original question, we have a boat sitting in our garage - it's yellow and sounds suspiciously like a v-twin :whistle: Hubby sold his boat and bought the Duc because he didn't have the time necessary for the boat. A fishing trip is a whole-day exercise, by the time you've prepped everything, caught your fish, gutted, filleted them, cleaned the boat, done the engine maintenance, yada yada yada. A ride, on the other hand can be one hour if that's all you have time for.

MSTRS
6th January 2009, 08:33
In answer to Busa Pete's original question, we have a boat sitting in our garage - it's yellow and sounds suspiciously like a v-twin :whistle: Hubby sold his boat and bought the Duc because he didn't have the time necessary for the boat. A fishing trip is a whole-day exercise, by the time you've prepped everything, caught your fish, gutted, filleted them, cleaned the boat, done the engine maintenance, yada yada yada. A ride, on the other hand can be one hour if that's all you have time for.

Plus the need to have a mate with you every time to cover the safety angle, and launch/retrieve.
That's the reason I sold my boat and got into biking.

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 08:39
Yep - I sold my fully faired sprots tourer and went dual sport nekkid tractor.

I went from 10 demerits left to full compliment and enjoy riding mucho, mucho moreo.

i have have that idea for some time the rides i went on with the vet sealed it for me just have to find one that fits the bill .my fzr 1000 is happy at legal speads plus it has a rev indicator that you can hear throught the helmet from yoshimira if the note changes im going to fast. only problem is it is 22 years old and not the freshest of suspention and other parts its ok for a comuter the reason i got it a year ago .as for the the hard out fang i have my buckets to take care of that you dont need to go 200km plus to get the same fealing of over camiting to the corner and hope you can pull it of with you knee down the pegs scraping and the rear drifting .

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 08:39
Plus the need to have a mate with you every time to cover the safety angle, and launch/retrieve.
That's the reason I sold my boat and got into biking.

its ok i live with my mate

MSTRS
6th January 2009, 08:43

If it works for you (or anyone for that matter) - great. It just became too impractical for me. I miss my boat tho. Can I come out on yours?

MsKABC
6th January 2009, 08:46

Lucky for you she doesn't get seasick then! I love boating and fishing, and am actually quite a good fisherman (if I do say so myself, toot toot), but I suffer a bit from seasickness.

westie
6th January 2009, 08:50
Wendy and pete this is great news!!!! ( i just bought a wake board)
When we going out for a ski!!!????:blip:

Qkchk
6th January 2009, 08:51
Wendy, Pete.

Perhaps you wanna come out with me and Steve fishing in our boat to see if it's gonna suit you first...?

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 08:52
Lucky for you she doesn't get seasick then! I love boating and fishing, and am actually quite a good fisherman (if I do say so myself, toot toot), but I suffer a bit from seasickness.

so do i but one ear plug in my left ear sorted that out .as the skipper you dont have time to think about the horizen going up and down if it is to bad just tow the baits around slowly or drift

fliplid
6th January 2009, 08:56
Personally, I just keep changing me mind as to about what bike I want to change the existing one for, as in the kind of riding I feel like at he time. Never really considered dropping bikes all together though. Boats not really an option, I prefer me feet on the ground, as it were!

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 08:58
Wendy, Pete.

Perhaps you wanna come out with me and Steve fishing in our boat to see if it's gonna suit you first...?

we only got shot of the last one because of realestate time isint a problem any more are you interested in taking yours to russell for night fishing on the northern behind the ute wendys driving im on the yamaha wendys bikes should be on the ute. nice place to use the ysr and she can use the pw

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 09:01
Personally, I just keep changing me mind as to about what bike I want to change the existing one for, as in the kind of riding I feel like at he time. Never really considered dropping bikes all together though. Boats not really an option, I prefer me feet on the ground, as it were!

know one said droping them all to gether

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 09:13
[

In answer to Busa Pete's original question, we have a boat sitting in our garage - it's yellow and sounds suspiciously like a v-twin :whistle: Hubby sold his boat and bought the Duc because he didn't have the time necessary for the boat. A fishing trip is a whole-day exercise, by the time you've prepped everything, caught your fish, gutted, filleted them, cleaned the boat, done the engine maintenance, yada yada yada. A ride, on the other hand can be one hour if that's all you have time for.[/QUOTE]

we have noting but time we are up at 5am normaly the boat ramps are 250m to the left or the right. we nearly got an 07/08 rsvr 1000 and a 08 rs 125aprilia about 2 months ago it was the best fit over the duc 1098 or 999 didnt like the plain ducs nor the monsters tried just about every thing on for size just didnt jump up and bit us apart for the aprillias

Squiggles
6th January 2009, 09:17
Sell me the buckets :lol:

vifferman
6th January 2009, 09:24
I see a time where a Bonneville will increase in appeal to me.
Huh. :blink:
The other day when I was in Sonoma, I saw two guys on Triumphs - a Tiger and a Bonneville. I thought the Bonnie looked and sounded quite nice and harbored (yes, I know that's spelled worngA, Mr Hitcher, but I was in Mrka after all :shifty:) similar views/ideas/feeling to you, Mr Pritch.
Bet the vifferbabe would veto it though (she's rather good at that...)

short-circuit
6th January 2009, 10:09

Waaaah

Harden up!

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 10:24
Huh. :blink:
The other day when I was in Sonoma, I saw two guys on Triumphs - a Tiger and a Bonneville. I thought the Bonnie looked and sounded quite nice and harbored (yes, I know that's spelled worngA, Mr Hitcher, but I was in Mrka after all :shifty:) similar views/ideas/feeling to you, Mr Pritch.
Bet the vifferbabe would veto it though (she's rather good at that...)

If you ride mostly solo a Bonne is simply wonderful. Essence de bike. You have to ride it to make it go - unlike modern sprotsbikes where you just 'idle' on the road.

You can nail a Bonne and wring its neck for the first few gears and not be worried about impounding it. Same with a hawg.

madbikeboy
6th January 2009, 11:38
Mmmm. White Hayabusa.

This thread is useless without pics.

Take a break from bikes for a month or two. Boats are a pain in the ass. I've owned a few yachts, sold the last one after not having the interest in sailing it. Wouldn't own a fizz boat, no skill required, and unless they're way fast, or have a big assed TV to watch pron on, just can't get interested.

Hitcher
6th January 2009, 12:39
I now own a white Aprilia Shiver that calculates Net Present Value. Is that anything like a limited addition white Hyabusa?

vifferman
6th January 2009, 13:11
All these bike reviews and other comments lead me to believe it is high time I test rode some other bikes. I've owned the VFR some 50 months now, and haven't much more than ogled other machines.
I feel like I'm missing out on some fun...

Hitcher
6th January 2009, 13:13

Don't test ride a Shiver, or you will buy one.

vifferman
6th January 2009, 13:18
Don't test ride a Shiver, or you will buy one.
A singularly provocative statement that fails entirely to take into account my WifeAccountantPorcupinePillionist. I'm afraid she has been savaged on the buttocks by the mandibles of the Travel Bug, and is now under its thrall...

The Stranger
6th January 2009, 13:23
I'd quite like an XT660.

:yes:

Good idea, but be warned.
You can still get a ticket on an XT660, with the added bonus that you can't do a runner - well not along straights anyway.
Doh!

R6_kid
6th January 2009, 13:27
I sorta feel the same - don't feel that I can go and ride any of my favourite roads without coming across shitty repairs or perpetual road works - not only that but i keep seeing 80kmh signs were it used to be 100kmh ones.

Looking to 'downgrade' to something in a similar style to a Bonne, or even just a 'small' capacity cafe racer.

I get a good thrill from racing the bucket and its cheap as chips so thats my trackday buzz sorted.

As far as I can tell im going to be saving money and enjoying riding more - win win for me!

Korumba
6th January 2009, 13:35
HTFU! I have not ridden a bike for six weeks and it sucks!!!
Yes there is a whole world out there… I will be back in a couple of months or so,
I got a Boat, Car,Road bike, Dirt bike and even a Goldwing in the States I am thinking of bringing back to NZ if Gordie will buy shears in it…, I can Cook, Clean etc… and am looking for a place to live Norf of the Bridge so if you fellas want to explore the world I will look after paradise for you while you are away, I promise not to have any more than 300 KB members on the property at any one time(cept public holidays…I will contract that out)
Ride Free

ArcherWC
6th January 2009, 13:35
Yep, I think its boat time for me too :-)

R6_kid
6th January 2009, 13:37
Take a break from bikes for a month or two. Boats are a pain in the ass. I've owned a few yachts, sold the last one after not having the interest in sailing it. Wouldn't own a fizz boat, no skill required, and unless they're way fast, or have a big assed TV to watch pron on, just can't get interested.

Sounds like you tend to buy things that you don't have a true passion for. Why buy a yacht if you had no interest in sailing it?

Fizz boat - no skill? So what, you can still go fishing or skiing/wakeboarding from it, or even just go fuck around and hang out with mates.

Kind of like owning a road going 1000cc 'superbike' that has in excess of 150hp at the wheel. Doesn't require much skill to ride it fast in a straight line, and you'll never legally use more than 50% (or even less) of it's available output on the open road.

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 14:53
I sorta feel the same - don't feel that I can go and ride any of my favourite roads without coming across shitty repairs or perpetual road works - not only that but i keep seeing 80kmh signs were it used to be 100kmh ones.

Looking to 'downgrade' to something in a similar style to a Bonne, or even just a 'small' capacity cafe racer.

I get a good thrill from racing the bucket and its cheap as chips so thats my trackday buzz sorted.

As far as I can tell im going to be saving money and enjoying riding more - win win for me!

Nothing worse than a smart arse told you so merchant..............:whistle:

NinjaNanna
6th January 2009, 15:41
Funnily enough - yes.

Sometimes I regret selling the ZX9r and buying the R1, I had little idea how much easier a new bike is to ride fast. At least the ZX9R you had to try to ride it moderately quickly. The R1 just does it easily which leaves you with fewer and fewer corners to enjoy without feeling like you are riding constantly at 98%, you guys all know I'm more of an 85% type guy.

This plus the additional policing presence on the roads means there are far fewer opportunities to choose "the right place at the right time".

Then on top of that I've rediscovered Polocrosse which 100% conflicts with my riding time, both are summer sports and both demand Thursday Nights!!!!!!

The only reason I don't sell the R1 is because Jacinda tells me I should hold onto it until I'm certain personalites and politics in Polocrosse don't give me the shits or my horse leasing arrange doesn't fall in a heap.

So for now the bike will stay in the garage awaiting long weekend runs North or South to Turangi. Heaven Help me if Dawn and Steve decide to give the sports away and go solely adventure!!!!!!!

So has the Busa really sold in less than half a day!

Ocean1
6th January 2009, 16:57
I was talking to a primary school Principal over Christmas about kids not learning to swim. She says the OSH requirements mean that a lot of schools have drained the pools. It's all just too much trouble.

Exactly what closed my kid's school pool, standards compliance costs and the lack of anyone at the school prepared to manage activities.

All these bike reviews and other comments lead me to believe it is high time I test rode some other bikes. I've owned the VFR some 50 months now, and haven't much more than ogled other machines.

Oh you is, you is. :laugh:

A singularly provocative statement that fails entirely to take into account my WifeAccountantPorcupinePillionist. I'm afraid she has been savaged on the buttocks by the mandibles of the Travel Bug, and is now under its thrall...

Does the vifferbabe ride dude? 'Cause I think I can sorta see a solution to your predicament...

Headbanger
6th January 2009, 17:07

Funny you should say that, It's not OSH requirements that hurt it, The labour Government bought in legislation that covered the water quality, It has to be tested every 3 hours,every day, including weekends, Meaning a full time employee just to look after the water plus someone to do it on their days off. Immediately making it too expensive to maintain a swimming pool.

I know this for a fact.....I heard it on Talkback radio this arvo........Muhahahahaha

Pumba
6th January 2009, 17:18
......................Then on top of that I've rediscovered Polocrosse which 100% conflicts with my riding time, both are summer sports and both demand Thursday Nights!!!!!!.................

Dum arse, should have taken up buckets instead:bleh:

Sooooooo, brought a boat yet, or were you just venting again Wendy:whistle:

Edbear
6th January 2009, 17:30
We just picked up an MX5. I love my bike and riding, but the Missus felt she'd like a sports car and we love it! At our age it's all about having fun together and the little Mazda seems to have that in spades even though we haven't yet run a full tank of gas through it...

I'll still have a bike for commuting and playing on, but plan to downtrade the C50T. It's on here and TM if anyone is interested.

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 17:39
We just picked up an MX5. I love my bike and riding, but the Missus felt she'd like a sports car and we love it! At our age it's all about having fun together and the little Mazda seems to have that in spades even though we haven't yet run a full tank of gas through it...

I'll still have a bike for commuting and playing on, but plan to downtrade the C50T. It's on here and TM if anyone is interested.

We have been there and done that. Our's got stolen though.

Enjoy. Did you know there is a mx5 club thay have mothly events was fun when we had our's.

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 17:42
Dum arse, should have taken up buckets instead:bleh:

Sooooooo, brought a boat yet, or were you just venting again Wendy:whistle:

Smart Ass no we havn't but we are just have to sell busa first. Do you want to buy it.:bleh:

Edbear
6th January 2009, 18:42
We have been there and done that. Our's got stolen though.

Enjoy. Did you know there is a mx5 club thay have mothly events was fun when we had our's.

Yep, I checked out MX5's by Googling and joined up with the U.K. site. Lots af good info there. I logged on to the NZ Club Website, but haven't decided whether to join as our life is pretty full as it is with family and friends.

Tim checked it over today when he gave it a WOF and fixed a split heater hose for me. Next job is to do the Cam-belt which he gave me a reasonable quote for too.

It's a '94 1800 manual with a couple of extras. Wasn't expecting the performance of the thing, though... :shutup:

The wife would also like a Jetski, but you can't have everything when you work for a living... :violin:

rocketman1
6th January 2009, 19:10
Stop being a soft cock.
Why don't you sell the Busa and buy a bigger TV, you can sit there and watch all the rest of the world riding bikes and having fun. what a life!!! not...
Motorbikes are more dangerous than cars, boats are more dangerous than cars, its all relative..
You have to live life mate, stop being scared and get out on that great bike and ride it. Just keep your wits about you and keep your speed down.
People in NZ have all sorts of health issues, and bad work injuries, the whole world is dangerous place.
You better not fly in plane, it might crash, and you will get burnt alive now that would be nasty. You could just Sit their and watch the rest of the world on the TV, its safer.

Mrs Busa Pete
6th January 2009, 19:28
Stop being a soft cock.
Why don't you sell the Busa and buy a bigger TV, you can sit there and watch all the rest of the world riding bikes and having fun. what a life!!! not...
Motorbikes are more dangerous than cars, boats are more dangerous than cars, its all relative..
You have to live life mate, stop being scared and get out on that great bike and ride it. Just keep your wits about you and keep your speed down.
People in NZ have all sorts of health issues, and bad work injuries, the whole world is dangerous place.
You better not fly in plane, it might crash, and you will get burnt alive now that would be nasty. You could just Sit their and watch the rest of the world on the TV, its safer.

Sorry mate but who said anything about being scared what was said is that the enjoyment wasn't there anymore.

Who said we wheren't going to have a bike. I think you should read the post again.

short-circuit
6th January 2009, 19:40
I think you should read the post again.

Nah he shouldn't - it was boring enough the first time

rocketman1
6th January 2009, 19:44
Sorry mate but who said anything about being scared what was said is that the enjoyment wasn't there anymore.

Who said we wheren't going to have a bike. I think you should read the post again.

Busa Pete,
Yes I had read it right, I just figure not much between a Busa & Bandit in the safety ratings
I had a Bandit, and have ridden a Busa, a 1250 bandit accelerates bloody fast in the danger zone say 50-120 kmh, it would not be too far behind your Busa.
So I don't think you would feel any safer. You would have to drop down to a 250 to start feeling safer, if speed is the problem.
I have always wanted a Busa they are Icon bikes, and I will get one, one day just to say Ive had one, but probably would never sell it.
Its like people selling Z1 900 Kawasaki's 40 years ago, they forever regret it.

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 19:49
Its like people selling Z1 900 Kawasaki's 40 years ago, they forever regret it.

How do you think fully restored, showroom nick Z1s - that have been slightly breathed on and running 120 RWHP would sell now?

Edbear
6th January 2009, 20:02
How do you think fully restored, showroom nick Z1s - that have been slightly breathed on and running 120 RWHP would sell now?

With stiffer frame and current suspension probably well but they had limitations in those areas, esp if you wanted 40hp over stock; and for the price it would have to be dead original, I reckon.

Hitcher
6th January 2009, 21:31
We just picked up an MX5.

You should have bought a Spyder.

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 21:38
With stiffer frame and current suspension probably well but they had limitations in those areas, esp if you wanted 40hp over stock; and for the price it would have to be dead original, I reckon.

Ohlins and 4 pots. As good a quality restoration as you will find - modern performance. Projections are same price as a high end hog.

Big Dave
6th January 2009, 21:50

I wouldn't recommend a Spyder for carrying a passenger on long rides. As reported I have huge raps on the vehicle too but it's very hard work for a pillion. Great fun in short bursts.

puddy
6th January 2009, 21:54
Sorry Peter and Wendy, read the first page or two , and the last bit. So are you guys just going back to one for the two of you, and a commuter for Peter?
I'm still enjoying it. Just bought #3 today!

Ocean1
6th January 2009, 21:58
I wouldn't recommend a Spyder for carrying a passenger on long rides. As reported I have huge raps on the vehicle too but it's very hard work for a pillion. Great fun in short bursts.

Haven't spent much time on the back of ours, but I've already noticed a somewhat exagerated lean, an almost sidecaresque aproach makes for less effort.

musicman
6th January 2009, 23:54
I'm so over this bike thing now the state of our roads irresponsible cage drivers i'm sick of it.

I see it as part of the experience of motorcycling - to ride on a good surface with no cars one could just go to a track. Riding on the road will always mean there is that unpredictability that keeps one on their toes, it's just another thing that keeps life interesting :yes:

Ride forever, rubber side down! :ride:

Big Dave
7th January 2009, 00:00
Haven't spent much time on the back of ours, but I've already noticed a somewhat exagerated lean, an almost sidecaresque aproach makes for less effort.

I haven't been on the back at all - i'm at the stage where I'll call a taxi before I get on the back of anything - just going on what co-pilot says. She found it tiring for the long haul, 'a real giggle' for the shorter ones.

Mrs Busa Pete
7th January 2009, 08:08
Sorry Peter and Wendy, read the first page or two , and the last bit. So are you guys just going back to one for the two of you, and a commuter for Peter?
I'm still enjoying it. Just bought #3 today!

Down to one road bike for commuting/occasional rides and one sea toy what ever it may be.

NinjaNanna
7th January 2009, 08:44
Down to one road bike for commuting/occasional rides and one sea toy what ever it may be.

Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski

So is the Busa sold yet or not? It says so on your user info?

Edbear
7th January 2009, 10:39

Mmmm! And at 6+x the price we got the MX5 for, a Spyder may have to wait a bit...

Ohlins and 4 pots. As good a quality restoration as you will find - modern performance. Projections are same price as a high end hog.

One of those bikes you wish you'd bought new and kept, again.... Maybe I should hang on to the Boulevard after all...?

Mrs Busa Pete
7th January 2009, 11:47
Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski, Jetski

So is the Busa sold yet or not? It says so on your user info?

pritty much hole shot have a buyer or ten for them when im ready as long as i dont piss around to much

flyingcr250
7th January 2009, 13:46

i totally agree about the state of the roads, a section of road was re-sealed down my street 3 months ago, already it has de-laminated and huge pot holes are forming, but thats what you get when the government uses the lowest bidder. stupid government :spanking:

Bass
7th January 2009, 14:47
I'm at the stage where I'll call a taxi before I get on the back of anything - just going on what co-pilot says.

Strictly missionary then?

Never mind swapping the Busa for a boat, THAT is REALLY boring!