PDA

View Full Version : ZX12-=2000 to 2003 ECU remapped

CBR97
6th January 2009, 11:39
Ok, im looking for help with this mod,
anyone care to join me, in doing this mod?

I have been wanting to get rid of my rev limiter, and change the map on the stock ECU,
Ive found a guy in the staes who has do this, for the zx12, and the Hyabusha.

Ive copy and pasted this below. from zxforums.com

2000-2003 ECUs can be re-mapped
This may not be news to those of you who get around to the other ZX-12 boards, but for those who don't I thought I would let you know.

I've been working on this project for about 18 months now and it has moved from the theoretical to the practical now that there are some modified ECUs installed and running in real bikes.

To summarize:

First you modify your ECU by cutting a small hole in the back to expose a programming connector. (or you can pay someone to do if for you if the thought of drilling holes in your ECU gives you the willies )

After its modified you can connect it to your PC or laptop using a $200 dollar device you can buy online. This device is not needed to run the bike, just program it so you could loan/borrow one when not in use.

Once connected to your PC you can upload the maps from the bike and modify them using some free software called Enginuity. Once modified you program the new maps into the ECU. Its very much like a PCIII only with a lot more options.

So what can you do with it?

The first thing is you can shut off the 186 mph speed limit and up your RPM limit to any value you want up to 12,700 rpm.

There are maps for:

ignition timing by RPM
VE Volumetric efficiency
AFR
Quick Throttle Enrichment (virtual accelerator pump)
and a whole bunch of gear maps we haven't figured out yet.

The RPM limiter and ignition maps are the only things that have really been tested so far. Its going to take some real world (dyno?) testing to figure out all the maps.

If this sounds interesting check out

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spa...mID=315286&p=2

Oh, and I almost forgot, the ECU has a dual map feature. There is a wire harness wire that when grounded selects a different set of maps. In the stock ECU both sets are identical but you could program a modified ECU to have one map set for street use and one for track use and select which one you want at the flip of a switch. Sorry you NOS guys, but you have to turn the bike off, then flip the switch to change maps. No on the fly NOS / No NOS maps for you :(

-------------------------------------

So anyone in Auckland keen?

Cajun
6th January 2009, 12:12
link doesn't work there

but sounds interesting, can you fix the link wouldn't mind reading some more

CBR97
6th January 2009, 13:29
OK, try this one,
its from ZX12Rzone.com

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=1&TID=23797&set_time=

This tells the whole story, I think he must of started this tread a couple of years ago,

CBR97
6th January 2009, 16:01
try this aswell
this is his site, for the
zx12 and the hyabusha

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=99460&p=1