PDA

View Full Version : yz 426 tyres??

laserracer
9th January 2009, 23:20
can i put street tyres like adventure tyres on my yz426
to do the bucket motard class or is there a slick i can put on without changing wheel sizes,

SeppoDave
10th January 2009, 03:49
Are these for your original dirt rims?

When you put street-treaded tyres on your original 18 and 21in rims, it's called a "Sportsman" setup. That might help with other searches for more info.

That said, you can get Bridgestone BT45's in those sizes. There's a 90/90-21 and 110/80-18(or110/90-18) which are recommended for your rear 2.15in rim.

Also have a look at Metzeler Lasertec (ME33), they come in those sizes as well. There are others too, but I have used both the BT's and ME's on previous bikes and they perform well, though I have never put them on a dirt bike. Have a look at http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/content/catalogue.aspx

Dave

GaZBur
11th February 2009, 20:46
I started with 21inch fronts too. First off I used the original Trailwings (aka Deathwings) and they are great for teaching you that sliding is not scary without having to go ultra fast to do it. Then went to a Bridgestone BT45 on the front and a Pirelli sport demon on the back. Worked very well on the tight Kart tracks but not enough traction for high speed race circuits for my nerves. Had to go to 17in rims to keep up on the big tracks.
Good luck - have fun!

scorry
12th February 2009, 07:18
yeah i started on the std rims with a dunlop touring elite on the front, i still actually have this, if you were in dunnas i would just give it to ya.

worked ok, front never had issues but the rear was great fun slidin round all over the place.

dunno if you can get slicks tho.

i do know that i was running real low pressures, like 22 in the front and 20 in the back.

good luck mate

Sully60
12th February 2009, 07:26
I couldn't be bothered converting my last dirtbike (YZ250F)so I ran the std 21-19 combo with the ME33 front and a TT100GP rear (90/80-19 IIRC). The rear looked well narrow but it had heaps of grip, enough to drag my pegs riding foot out style.
No better road legal tyre in the rain IMHO

My $0.02

Ther are no slicks bigger than 17", none worth having now anyway:no:

laserracer
13th February 2009, 11:56
Thanks for the help guys:niceone:sorry for the late reply ..i had forgotten i had posted this:bash: