PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Combattant de Rue
17th February 2005, 22:46
Hey KBers,

Another Christchurch biker here. My Kawa is in the 'customization process' and im having withdrawls, so im looking for a quick fix. :doctor:
You all sound mildly friendly and somewhat opinionated, so i hope my sinicle view on things will fit right in. :angry2:

Its a pleasure to meet you all.

thehollowmen
17th February 2005, 23:07
Welcome to the madhouse
Christchurch is getting quite a contingent... I should pay you guys and gals a visit :apint: or two :niceone:

wari
17th February 2005, 23:20
HOwdy ... :spudwave:

:moon: <== TOo tired to givva reason .. :shake:

crashe
18th February 2005, 06:59
welcome.... have fun on the site.
:spudwave: :wari: :banana:

Joni
18th February 2005, 07:04
Hi.
:spudwave:

White trash
18th February 2005, 07:59
Well I'm neither friendly or opinionated.

Welcome to the gargre anyway.

Blakamin
18th February 2005, 09:04
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=8919

and ignore all the replies......

Holy Roller
18th February 2005, 09:36
Welcome aboard :niceone:

jrandom
18th February 2005, 09:41
'Combattant de Rue'?

Hello.

Sorry to be the one to point this out, but if there's one thing we hate around here, it's unfaired Frenchies.

vifferman
18th February 2005, 09:58
Sorry to be the one to point this out, but if there's one thing we hate around here, it's unfrenched Fairies.
I think he means, "Hi, Combattant de Rue! :spudwave: Welcome to Kiwi Biker! Make yourself at home!" :yeah:

jrandom
18th February 2005, 10:04
unfrenched Fairies...

... I'm afraid he'll need to see the Welly boys if he wants to resolve *that*.

Hitcher
18th February 2005, 11:00
Bonjour et bienvenue à notre endroit. Veuillez maintenir un niveau élevé d'hygiène personnelle à tout moment.

MSTRS
18th February 2005, 11:13
Hey KBers,

Another Christchurch biker here. My Kawa is in the 'customization process' and im having withdrawls, so im looking for a quick fix. :doctor:
You all sound mildly friendly and somewhat opinionated, so i hope my sinicle view on things will fit right in. :angry2:

Sure about that??
Welcome anyway

outlawtorn
18th February 2005, 11:51
Welcome to KB, if you are french we won't hold that against you, but do bear in mind that we will rag you about your rugby skills, football skills and generally any sport skills......oh and your cars too. :p

vifferman
18th February 2005, 12:00
Welcome to KB, if you are french we won't hold that against you, but do bear in mind that we will rag you about ....your cars too. :p
Heyy!!! Be very careful there, buddy - you're sailing a bit close to the wind! :angry:
Or is that "pissing into the wind"? :spudwhat:

Biff
18th February 2005, 12:02
Bonjour et bienvenue à notre endroit. Veuillez maintenir un niveau élevé d'hygiène personnelle à tout moment.

... do you want that with pommes frites mister?

A ChCh welcome :spudwave:

sels1
18th February 2005, 12:12
Welcome aboard Streetfighter

outlawtorn
18th February 2005, 12:20
Heyy!!! Be very careful there, buddy - you're sailing a bit close to the wind! :angry:
Or is that "pissing into the wind"? :spudwhat:

Why do you like French cars? In my experience with French cars they are simply overpriced rattle traps, no to say that don't look good, most French cars look really nice, but I just don't like them.

And the French are crap at sports and most other things.... :devil2:

Hitcher
18th February 2005, 12:26
And the French are crap at sports and most other things...
Nous avons 300 types différents de fromage. Nous régnerons le monde!

John
18th February 2005, 12:30
hmm tour de france is one thing they are good for :wari:

outlawtorn
18th February 2005, 12:34
Nous avons 300 types différents de fromage. Nous régnerons le monde!

Mais naturellement, le fromage de France peut être tout à fait bon, mais ils ont toujours des voitures de merde.

Loosely translated :But of course, the cheese from France can be quite good, but they still have shit cars.

vifferman
18th February 2005, 12:37
Why do you like French cars?
I like some French cars.
Now that I think about it, a very few.

I like the following Peugeots: 306 (only the last of the XT 16-valves and the GT6), the 205GTi, the 206 GTi180, the 406 Coupe, the 407 Silhouette (http://www.tuningnews.net/news/040226/peugeot-407-silhouette.php) (but not the ordinary 407), and this one:
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/peugeot-907.htm

Oh yeah, and these too:

outlawtorn
18th February 2005, 12:42
OK, I concede, that is a beautiful piece of machinery, them Frenchies do know how to make a car look good, very nice, is it a concept car or something that will see production one day?

vifferman
18th February 2005, 12:54
OK, I concede, that is a beautiful piece of machinery, them Frenchies do know how to make a car look good, very nice, is it a concept car or something that will see production one day?
Which one?
The RC (the one in all the pics) was only a (diesel-powered!!) concept car, that appeared on Top Gear - they weren't allowed to drive it as there are only 2, but Richard Burns (?) took it around their test track.
The 907 is only a concept at this stage.
The Silhouette is available (at a price).

It's not just the looks, and in fact most Renaults and Citroens look crap, and the current rash of Peugeots with their "trademark front overhang" look like poo, in my opinion. Most Peugeots (especially those mentioned) are also great driver's cars - comfortable, good-handling, etc.

My 205GTi is like a go-kart: it weighs less than 900kg (no aircon, powersteering, etc.) but has a remarkably torquey and flexible 130 bhp engine. Next to bikes, it's the most fun I've had on the road. Trouble is, the little bugger keeps whispering, "Go faster! Faster! FASTER!!!":confused:

Biff
18th February 2005, 13:07
I had a 1.9 205 GTi for all of about 6 months - from brand new as well. Farq it was an absolute hoot. Street legal go-kart it sure was. Until one day it vanished, never to be seen again. Don't ya just wish you could legally chop off the testicles of car/bike thieves and ram them so far up their respective arses that they'd choke on them?

The only thing wrong with French cars is that they're made by wine guzzling surrender monkeys. PC I am not. Factually correct I am.

Putton!!

outlawtorn
18th February 2005, 13:28
The only thing wrong with French cars is that they're made by wine guzzling surrender monkeys. PC I am not. Factually correct I am.

:killingme

vifferman
18th February 2005, 13:41
IThe only thing wrong with French cars is that they're made by wine guzzling surrender monkeys. PC I am not. Factually correct I am.

Factually correct, you amn't.
They're made by wine-guzzling, cheese-eating surrender monkeys.:yeah:

MikeL
18th February 2005, 16:37
Factually correct, you amn't.
They're made by wine-guzzling, cheese-eating surrender monkeys.:yeah:

Surrender monkeys? 1940? Pfft.... rien du tout: a mere blip in the glorious record of French achievements.

Now 1066, that was a year to remember...

Coyote
18th February 2005, 16:48
Oh yeah, and these too:
Awesome looking cars :yeah:

Wilkommen to the site Combattant de Rue :niceone:

El Dopa
18th February 2005, 18:52
What are the French good for?

1) Cooking.

2) Winding up the Germans.

dangerous
18th February 2005, 19:53
Hey KBers,

Hey man, a chch welcome here......... like me after reading your thread, you will be up to play with French cars, shit guys talk about a hijack :apint:

Combattant de Rue
18th February 2005, 21:36
I like some French cars.
Now that I think about it, a very few.

I like the following Peugeots: 306 (only the last of the XT 16-valves and the GT6), the 205GTi, the 206 GTi180, the 406 Coupe, the 407 Silhouette (http://www.tuningnews.net/news/040226/peugeot-407-silhouette.php) (but not the ordinary 407), and this one:
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/peugeot-907.htm

Oh yeah, and these too:

I can't believe my introduction post turned into a discussion about which French cage is the best. :whocares:

That reminds me - I do need a shave :stoogie:

Ms Piggy
19th February 2005, 00:24
You sound perfect! ;) Welcome :spudwave:

カワサキキド
20th February 2005, 22:57
Fuck off ya wanker :ar15: :tugger:

magnum
23rd February 2005, 21:37
hello and welcome :spudwave: