PDA

View Full Version : Bloody bad day

ManDownUnder
18th February 2005, 07:43
I head out from home at 6:30am this morning... I live in Kumeu so I need to be on the Motorway early to minimise the "carpark" effect...

It's dark and as I ride out of our driveway (at least 10 meters from where I started the bike) the headlight blows. I have to ride on high beam all the way into work (it's dark... lights off was not an option)

I get into work, the fridge has died. Everything is warm.

I do the decent thing and move the dairy etc into fridge #2 (aka the beer fridge), I got a smudge of butter on my arm and smeared it all across my desk before I notice the bloody thing is there.

Then I find out one on the women at work had her car broken into last night and $1,500 of gear nicked.

And that's all by 8:00am!

I'm scared people... I might not survive the day !!!!

Had to get that lot off my chest... as you were!

Skunk
18th February 2005, 07:49
Ferk mate. Go hide somewhere till the day is over! :eek:

ManDownUnder
18th February 2005, 07:56
Ferk mate. Go hide somewhere till the day is over! :eek:

I am... I'm at work, not moving, barely typing... is it beer o'clock yet? :apint:

Pwalo
18th February 2005, 07:57
Quietly close the door, back on the bike, and go home.

Well I can't see how it can get a lot worse!!!!!

bugjuice
18th February 2005, 08:09
I'd go back to bed until it all blows over..

Blakamin
18th February 2005, 08:14
go home... it's safer....

Paul in NZ
18th February 2005, 08:18
Eeeee bhaaay gumm Lud.

Luxury... Think you are having a bad day! Why we would barely know we were alive unless we got a whipping with barbed wire before a breakfast of cold gravel. We dreams of having high beams and fridges where we works.

As for cars, people don't break into our cars, they leave donations on the seat and the council keeps towing them away as abandoned.

Sigh..

Chin up old son, fridges break, bulbs blow and crime happens...

Paul N

ManDownUnder
18th February 2005, 08:28
Eeeee bhaaay gumm Lud.

Luxury... Think you are having a bad day! Why we would barely know we were alive unless we got a whipping with barbed wire before a breakfast of cold gravel. We dreams of having high beams and fridges where we works.

As for cars, people don't break into our cars, they leave donations on the seat and the council keeps towing them away as abandoned.

Sigh..

Chin up old son, fridges break, bulbs blow and crime happens...

Paul N

I'd swear there's an english accent undre there somewhere... a remarkably Pythonesque accent actually...

And yes - I think it's kind of funny myself... the other thing I thought of - this is the first time I have worn my KB polo to work... in fact the first time I have worn it ever!

hmmm... maybe that's a bad thing?

no worries... shite happens. I've lived through worse.. and I'll live through this.

MSTRS
18th February 2005, 08:35
That's your '3' out of the way. Your co-worker might be on her first. Avoid her until you know what number she is on.

MSTRS
18th February 2005, 08:42
which reminds me......(off topic but humour always helps)......A new primer one class was getting acquainted with their teacher. She told them that in her class she didn't like 'dirty' talk so anyone needing to go to the toilet should put their hand up & ask to go 'Number ones' or 'twos' depending on the requirement. A little later wee Johnny was writhing around & in tears. When asked what the matter was, he said "Please Miss, I need to fart, but I don't know the number"

NordieBoy
18th February 2005, 08:49
Well I've had a cam belt on order since before Christmas.

You know what's coming don't you...

It broke at 80kph yesterday... :weep:

ManDownUnder
18th February 2005, 08:50

oooo dude - not good...

Blakamin
18th February 2005, 09:17

how much damage???