PDA

View Full Version : ST1300 first trip

NUTBAR
11th January 2009, 20:33
as some of you will know i have brought a st1300 after having the R1 for a year.
as much as i liked the short runs on the R1 i missed the long rides even more!
well my first long ride was this weekend.

0430, leave mount maunganui head to gisbourne through opotiki then the gouge, arrive for breakfast 0720, then headed to mahia peninsula, from there to napier for lunch, it was raining when i left the mount on & off till i got to gisbourne then it was blue sky all the way,:2thumbsup
from napier it was off to taupo for dinner & a bed for the night.
sunday was off to rotorua, kawerau, whakatane, then home,
what an awsome ride, one of many comming up! just on 1,000kms.
very impresed with the milage of the st1300, got to gisbourne 283kms toped the tank back up $20.

Hitcher
11th January 2009, 20:42
Quit while you're ahead and get an FJR1300. I know where there is a stunner for sale at a great price!

Kennif
11th January 2009, 20:44
Good on you mate. Lots of good stuff on the ST1300 here: http://www.st-owners.com/
Good start with the fastest colour. All you need now is a better seat (Corbin maybe?), Helibar risers and a decent airhorn (Stebel compact is good) and you'll be set to go!!:done: Oh ... and a better set of mufflers - Staintunes would be my choice though I wound up with Two Bros.
Cheers,
Kennif

NUTBAR
11th January 2009, 20:49
Quit while you're ahead and get an FJR1300. I know where there is a stunner for sale at a great price!

yes there a good bike, i had one before i got the R1, part of the reason i got the R1, it used to slide nicely around corners, & wheel standed quite easly, dmntd got a good view both times!:whistle:

NUTBAR
11th January 2009, 20:55
Good on you mate. Lots of good stuff on the ST1300 here: http://www.st-owners.com/
Good start with the fastest colour. All you need now is a better seat (Corbin maybe?), Helibar risers and a decent airhorn (Stebel compact is good) and you'll be set to go!!:done: Oh ... and a better set of mufflers - Staintunes would be my choice though I wound up with Two Bros.
Cheers,
Kennif

hey Kennif
nice seat, yes two bros would be my first choice too,

KoroJ
11th January 2009, 22:24
Don't listen to Kennif, he's just an Attitudinous Elf who rides more like a demon......I'm sure it has been agreed that red is faster.....and living in Tauranga, I'm sure Mr McDonald will see you onto a fine seat. (I'm tempted to pay him a visit myself after having a squat on Shafty's fine 'red' machine.

DougieNZ
12th January 2009, 08:04
Don't listen to that Hitcher either... You have got a great bike there!

Though I have to admit I haven't ridden the FJR or Concours - I can't imagine anything being better than the ST! :scooter:

Yep.... Farkles to fit include Stebel Nautalis Compact, Radar detector hardwire GPS (to come) etc etc :bleh:

Not only is the bike good, but the people riding them aren't bad blokes either! Take THAT Hitcher...

:chase:

Hitcher
12th January 2009, 08:48
Though I have to admit I haven't ridden the FJR or Concours - I can't imagine anything being better than the ST!

I can arrange a test ride that will convert you to The Way of Yamaha...

ManDownUnder
12th January 2009, 11:45
yes there a good bike, i had one before i got the R1, part of the reason i got the R1, it used to slide nicely around corners, & wheel standed quite easly, dmntd got a good view both times!:whistle:

Do it with your trousers done up next time eh?

shafty
12th January 2009, 11:59
Great bike there NutBar - Congrats!
The gas mileage can be spectacular - 500 km's plus from a tank, so long as you're not trying to keep up with KoroJ or Dougie racing to qualify to do the 1000 Miler extension!

Enjoy!

(I've heard the main reason Hitcher got the FJR was because he dropped the ST)

Hitcher
12th January 2009, 12:40
(I've heard the main reason Hitcher got the FJR was because he dropped the ST)

Hitcher wrote off his ST1300. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=30683&highlight=st1300

Hitcher could have purchased another one but made the mistake of riding the FJR.

Hitcher has generously offered his FJR to any ST rider who has not ridden one so to do, thereby enabling them to draw their own conclusions/see what they're missing.

Based on a recent shared experience with an ST1300 owner in Flagstaff Arizona, it's nice to be able to buy new tyres out of the rack...

Kennif
12th January 2009, 14:52
Don't listen to Kennif, he's just an Attitudinous Elf who rides more like a demon......I'm sure it has been agreed that red is faster.....and living in Tauranga, I'm sure Mr McDonald will see you onto a fine seat. (I'm tempted to pay him a visit myself after having a squat on Shafty's fine 'red' machine.

Hey KoroJ - I thought you had gone over to the dark side and bought a dirt bike? :shit:

shafty
12th January 2009, 15:22
Hitcher wrote off his ST1300. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=30683&highlight=st1300

Hitcher could have purchased another one but made the mistake of riding the FJR.

Hitcher has generously offered his FJR to any ST rider who has not ridden one so to do, thereby enabling them to draw their own conclusions/see what they're missing.

Based on a recent shared experience with an ST1300 owner in Flagstaff Arizona, it's nice to be able to buy new tyres out of the rack...

I must say the FJR is a great machine also, however I chose the Honda in the end, and haven't had any tyre selection hassles so far, - possibly because there are so many on the road now.

Anyway - ENJOY!

KoroJ
12th January 2009, 15:56
............................/see what they're missing.

4 Litres in the gas tank and maybe a clutch.

Hey KoroJ - I thought you had gone over to the dark side and bought a dirt bike? :shit:

Na...my ST gets dirty enough. 'Tis Hitcher who turned to the dark side when he got the FJR and as we all know, 'power corrupts'! Now the worm has turned even further and his plunge to the dark side is almost complete with him shivering on a sprotty. All hope will be lost when a buyer robs him of his last vistige of decency and he will no longer sit upright with a big tank, hard bags and adjustable screen. After that, it will just be a matter of time before a couple of GC's Southern Crosses and 10K in 10days sees him permanently hunched and only good for ringing bells at the local cathedral and as we gather on a clubnight and reminiss, we shall say, 'Alas poor Hitcher, I knew him well!'

NUTBAR
12th January 2009, 21:19

yes ive seen macs work & would definatly recomend him to anybody out there considering a new seat.

DougieNZ
14th January 2009, 09:42
4 Litres in the gas tank and maybe a clutch.

After that, it will just be a matter of time before a couple of GC's Southern Crosses and 10K in 10days sees him permanently hunched and only good for ringing bells at the local cathedral and as we gather on a clubnight and reminiss, we shall say, 'Alas poor Hitcher, I knew him well!'

HAHAHAHAHAHA...........

LMAO!!!

:clap::rofl:

Hinny
17th February 2009, 20:08
.....I'm sure it has been agreed that red is faster.....

You are absolutely right there Koro.

I'm sure Mr McDonald will see you onto a fine seat. .

Any contact details?

Highlander
17th February 2009, 20:25
You are absolutely right there Koro.

Any contact details?

McDonald Motor Trimmers in Tauranga. 07 578 7903 Look up MotoGirl or Cajun on here

Hinny
17th February 2009, 23:32
Cheers for that.

DIN PELENDA
18th February 2009, 00:27
as some of you will know i have brought a st1300 after having the R1 for a year.
as much as i liked the short runs on the R1 i missed the long rides even more!
well my first long ride was this weekend.

0430, leave mount maunganui head to gisbourne through opotiki then the gouge, arrive for breakfast 0720, then headed to mahia peninsula, from there to napier for lunch, it was raining when i left the mount on & off till i got to gisbourne then it was blue sky all the way,:2thumbsup
from napier it was off to taupo for dinner & a bed for the night.
sunday was off to rotorua, kawerau, whakatane, then home,
what an awsome ride, one of many comming up! just on 1,000kms.
very impresed with the milage of the st1300, got to gisbourne 283kms toped the tank back up $20.
You should do what I did keep R1 and ST (i got ST1100) And you got best off both worlds . I newer going to sale my ST but is good to have sport bike on side. ST is my wife , R1 is my mistress . That is nice bike you got. Corbin seat make bike that much nicer .