PDA

View Full Version : Canuck rider in NZ late Jan – Apr ‘09, looking for adventure/other riders

Laura_CDA
13th January 2009, 09:10
Arriving in Auckland on January 21st, hope to be suited up with a bike as soon as it can be arranged. Have had a Suzuki DR650 back home in Canada since April '08; haven’t done much trail riding and would like to work on this as well as generally exploring New Zealand.

Am likely to buy a 250cc bike and am not one for pushing the speed limit, but otherwise I am game for pretty much any adventure!

Want to hook up with other riders and/or meet up with New Zealanders that are interested in showing me the sights. Although I am traveling solo, I anticipate riding with at least two others to Christchurch for the HUBB meeting on February 21st.

From there it would be amazing to meet up with those who are interested in going on an adventure as I have a couple of months to see as much as I can see. Anticipate staying in B&Bs, cabins and backpacker lodges… but am more than happy to buy dinner/beverages for those interested in putting up an adventurous spirited Canadian woman for a night!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Laura :chase:

Rosie
13th January 2009, 09:26
Hey Laura!

Let me know if you are going to be in the central north island. Clint640 and I don't have much guest accomodation, but could be keen to meet up for a ride and/or a beer if you are in the area. :apint:

We are aiming to be in the south island for the HUBB meeting, and doing a bit of gravel riding around the lower south island for the week after that. :clap:

Have a look in the adventure forum here, there are a few weekend rides being organised in various parts of the country, so you may find a ride you want to tag along on. The ADV crew are good sorts, and should be able to give you ideas of good places to ride :cool:

Rosie.

cave weta
13th January 2009, 09:33
Arriving in Auckland on January 21st,
I am game for pretty much any adventure!
Want to hook up with other riders
Look forward to hearing from you!

Laura :chase:

Just reading between the lines here
call me....lol:msn-wink:

klingon
13th January 2009, 10:19
Just reading between the lines here.....:drool:

call me

There always has to be one, doesn't there?! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the KB forums, Laura. The boys (mostly) aren't as desperate and sleazy in real life as they seem on here. I'm sure you will have a great time in New Zealand - that's the perfect time of year for good weather and good times!

One for the road
13th January 2009, 11:43
Hey Laura,

Am expecting to get my bike tomorrow, or the next day, which means I'll hopefully be on the road saturday, ahead of your arrival. I'm doing a pretty thorough route of the north island though, which will see me hit New Plymouth before going back north east to Whakatani, so there's always the possibility we can meet up then.
I love riding the dirt/gravel roads, as it's here that you can really get away from everyone! You'll get used to them pretty quickly I'm sure!

My number's 0211230609 if you want to try to reach me when you know what you're schedule/route is like.

I have to be in Nelson where my father lives by the 14th to collect my girlfriend who's flying in to ride pillion for a month. I'll be going down to the HUMM too so either way I'm sure we'll meet up!

Laura_CDA
13th January 2009, 14:15
One for the road - thank you for your contact #, will try to contact you once I have a bike, and like you will be in North Island for awhile before heading south.

I'm really looking forward to meeting up with any or all of you... hope to see some of you in christchurch for the HUBB meeting...

and to others - say in the south - would like to hear about the "must see" places in your diverse and beautiful country!

Laura :soon:

Laava
14th January 2009, 13:37
Hi Laura, we are in the north if you need a bed and or garaging. Depending on the time you are about, myself and lady are up for rides as are other Kiwibikers in the Whangarei area. My cell no is 021 0796444. Cheers!

Nasty
14th January 2009, 13:40
If you need a Wellington Bed .. give us a yell.

Madness
16th January 2009, 18:23
Hey there.

My other half is from Toronto and is a teacher. We live very close to Auckland Airport so give me a yell if we can be of help.

Laura_CDA
17th January 2009, 07:24
Arriving on Jan 21st....

Madness - thanks for the offer of help... I appreciate it... and hope to take you up on it....

I am so looking forward to getting to/being in NZ on Wednesday!!!!!

(I'm counting down the days :2thumbsup)

See you soon!

SDU
17th January 2009, 19:38
Two off my workmates are always keen to meet people from there homeland, when you're in chch give us a yell. Hope your flight gets out ok. Heard it's -25C. One off them (she's a vet )is hoping to fly back here on the 21st too.

Ozz
18th January 2009, 00:50
Hey Laura! I'm from Toronto and I'm planning to arrive in Auckland on March 6th or 7th. Hope to see you out on the road somewhere!

EatOrBeEaten
18th January 2009, 09:39
Just landed myself from the UK, give me a shout on here if you want to meet up for a ride round Auckland way :D

Madness
18th January 2009, 09:50
Madness - thanks for the offer of help... I appreciate it... and hope to take you up on it....
See you soon!

PM sent......

Laura_CDA
18th January 2009, 09:58
Hey EoBE,

Thanks for the message! I should be in Auckland for at least a week, if not longer - so a ride would be great!

Are you going to the Hubb meeting in Christchurch by chance?

Laura

Laura_CDA
18th January 2009, 10:01
Thanks for your message!

I don't have enough 'posts' to send you a PM

The woman at the B&B will be picking me up at the airport on Wednesday - but thanks SO much for the offer!

If you PM me with your email address, I can send you mine (without "posting" it), and/or send a message to you once I arrive in Auckland...

Look forward to meeting up!

Beemer
18th January 2009, 10:32
Thanks for your message, I sent you a PM but had no idea you needed a certain post count to send a PM back to me.

As mentioned, we have a few KBers and also friends coming to stay over the next month or so and also quite a lot of events on between now and mid-March so may not be able to help you out in this case. We won't know for sure until we know when you are passing through, but we understand a friend of ours in Shannon has offered to help you out and there are a few in Wellington who have said they can too, so hopefully you'll be set.

In my thread Chanceyy offered to put people up if we ever had a surplus or couldn't help out, and she is in Shannon or thereabouts I think, so maybe it would be worth contacting her too. I'm not sure if Mark knows here too, but I have a feeling he does.

EatOrBeEaten
18th January 2009, 21:04
If it's in February then that's a no from me- start of the new term and the sprogs will be needing taught :chase:

Keith the Pom
18th January 2009, 23:24
Hi Laura - It's good to see that you found this site. Have a good flight across and down to AKL.

I see that Donna is collecting you from the airport - that's good too. Please give her a hug from me and tell her that I hope to slip over to Howick sometime in March to scrounge a cuppa tea at the B&B [I call Donna beforehand though, just to make sure I don't waste the journey].

See you at Nigel's place on Saturday-21, next month. FWIW, we've booked our accommodation (for me + Ellen) in Nigel's area; one of his recommendations on the HUBB – see Nigel’s post #55. Send me a PM or e-mail if you want details - I've already done the homework on all of Nigel's options + others BTW.

Cheers for now

KEITH

oldrider
22nd January 2009, 09:33
Well Laura, you should have arrived by now so "Welcome to New Zealand".

I hope your time here is all you imagined it would be. :ride:

Might see you in the South when you are down this way. :yes: Cheers, John.