PDA

View Full Version : Otrohonga ??

Firefight
21st September 2003, 10:40
:eek: Weather permitting, anyone keen to flaunt their midweek rideavalablity with a bit of a blat down to Otrohonga ??:ar15: , would look at leaving Caltex bombay at approx 1030 hours,any day but monday:Punk:

cheers firefight

Andrew
21st September 2003, 16:22
How about Wednesday, I get my bike back from the shop on Monday :)

MikeL
21st September 2003, 16:37
Hi Firefight
I'm on holiday all this week. Had intended heading off for 2-3 days with a mate but that may fall through - if so I'd be keen. Tue or Wed - depends on the weather.
Mike

Firefight
21st September 2003, 19:29
Cool at this stage, weather permitting, we try for wednesday:niceone:

firefight.

bikerboy
21st September 2003, 22:16
Count me in, unless it starts raining once I get ALL the way out to the bombay hills.:o

Aff-man and I tried a quick run today but called it off after two drenchings and ominous black clouds on the horizon.:(

Let's hope Wenesday is better.:cool:

MikeL
22nd September 2003, 20:36
Just confirmed my trip to Wlg is on - leaving tomorrow, back Sat or Sun, so won't be able to make the ride on Wed unfortunately. Have fun and ride safe.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather tomorrow - this will be my longest ride to date.

Firefight
23rd September 2003, 17:48
Hey Mike, good luck with big trip, be safe:niceone: ,

cheers firefight.:rockon:

Kwaka-Kid
23rd September 2003, 23:59
aiight guys, sorry but i cant make it :( i gotta work @ 2pm. shizer.

feck feck feck.. i REALLY wanna bring hte new VFR400 out soo badly but time is shit, and now with racing and everything its only gunna get worse. but once its udnerway maybe a bit better? i sent away for manfield nad paid my moneys etc etc etc.. i will b @ manfield in my FIRST EVER race on the 4th of oct, then the 5th of oct  @ pukekohe.

bikerboy
24th September 2003, 18:19
The panic merchant rises slowly, yawns and stretches. Walking toward the blinds hoping to see golden sunlight, pulls the cord cautiously, revealing the cold grey sky.

After showering and some coffee he again approaches the window, hearing soft light rain glancing off the glass. The sky grows more overcast, more ominous. Time for breakfast. One last look out the window, skeptical, as the horizon looms dark with no sign of relief.

There's no putting it off he thinks, grasping the phone and dialing. Hello,
Firefight....bikerboy here...... :(

My appologies to dave and andrew for wimping out on the ride today. As it goes, didn't turn out so bad after all.:argh:

Firefight
24th September 2003, 20:14
Hey Biker Boy, no problem, as I said it looked like shit at first, but yeah it truned out great, fine all the way there and back, had Lunch at Te awamutu, on to Otrohonga, checked out the bike shop, just missed a license loss event with the law (must get that radar thingy), back to hamilton, to kick a few bike tyres in the famous Te rappa strait, drolled over our new bikes, back via morrinsville for afternoon smoko, and home via my fav bit of road Tahuna to SH1. all good, Bloody Andrew kept the heat on, and
was right up my tail, so all and all a great day, and then off to night shift.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

firefight:eek:

Andrew
24th September 2003, 20:41
I phoned up Firefight this morning, found out that Bikerboy decided to flag it. The question directed to me, should we still go. My respone - she'll be right mate, just wait and see.

I'm on the bike at 10, to meet firefight at bombay for 1030. On arrival the clouds were grey and looking scary. Still with the she'll be right attitude we headed for Waikato.

Arrived in Te Awamutu for lunch time, (12pm). The sun was beaming down on my tank, and a big smile came from within. I knew at this point that it really would be a nice day. While having lunch at a nice coffee shop, in down town Te Awamutu, the discussion very much is about Bikerboy and how hes probably banging his head against the wall.

After lunch it was back on the road to Otrohonga, this was a 15 min fun ride. We ended up at some pokie little motorcyle dealer on the main st in Otrohonga mainly selling dirt bikes. Told the dude there we're just out to have a fun time and do some tyre kicking. After 5 mins knocking around this bike shop it was back on the road toward Hamilton. This was the point I think where the only cop of the day was sighted.

Once in Hamilton we bowled up this big motorcyle dealer. This place was packed full with Agusta's and had me drooling for a good while. The sun at this point was beaming down so hard it was unbearable to be in bike gear. Luckily the dealer let us store helmet and stuff while we crossed the road to another motorcycle dealer.

It was pleasantly ironic that this bike shop was stuff full of Ducati's. Again I was drooling for a very long time. Once the dealers got bored of us, it was time to hit the road again.

This time it was for a stop in Morrinsville. The road out there was long and straight. So took the opportunity to get a bit of speed out of the ZXR. Once in Morrinsville, we pulled up to cafeteria for afternoon tea. Again the discussion was what to put on the website to make BikerBoy feel really bad for deciding not to come.

The next ride was heading back off toward Auckland. The ride here was really cool taking full advantage of the afternoon heat and sweeping corners. No cops could seen here, just good fun!

The last stop was at Autobahn Bombay. Even at 4.00 in the afternoon I was still hot with the ever apparent sun beaming down on my black jacket. Then headed back home on the Northern motorway. The sun was shining and the visor of my helmet was covered in bugs. All up 450k’s of pure fun!

P.S How did you decide to spend ur raincheck Bikerboy? This feedback was especially for your benefit hope you liked it.

bikerboy
25th September 2003, 11:40
Thanks guys, good to know you had a good day, a fit reward for staying the course.:niceone:

I however spent the day working and doing every rain dance I could think of !:eek:

Coldkiwi
25th September 2003, 12:17
nice novel andrew! I think we'll get you to do write ups of the next series of track days and any rounds at Pukekohe!

hehe, I take it the R6 is leading you into temptation firefight! I think you should do the right thing and sell it before it gets you in trouble. I will do the decent thing and relieve you of your burden for very little money.. after all, thats what a friend would do!! :)

Firefight
25th September 2003, 18:59
Hey CK, once again a very kind and well thought out offer, I was hoping you were able to turn up so I could have someone to follow, (all be it at a distance), plus the fact that you have one of those radar thingys, makes you a good bloke to have up front. I'll have to pass on your offer, I have to say Andrew gave a dam good performance yesterday he is as they say "Going faster every day"

cheers firefight:rockon: :rockon:

MikeL
27th September 2003, 11:33
Hi guys
Glad you had a good ride. My trip to Wellington has been brilliant so far, despite some nasty weather. Came down Tuesday via Otorohanga, Taumarunui, National Park, Wanganui. We were supposed to stay overnight at Wanganui but got there early so decided to continue on to Palmerston North. Arrived there about 4 p.m. - could have ridden on to Wellington but decided to stop there. Rain overnight but fine in the morning for a great ride through the Wairarapa and over the Rimutakas. What a great road!! Spent a day catching up with old mates in Wlg then headed north again yesterday. This time the Rimutakas were a bit more of a challenge - gale force winds that continued all through the Wairarapa. My bike seemed permanently leaned over for most of the way to Woodville. From then on much improved weather. I'm in Napier today - hot and sunny. Back to Akl tomorrow. I've had a ball. Hardly any traffic cops (at least that I've seen), very light traffic, and several opportunities to achieve a new personal best...:p

MikeL
28th September 2003, 20:06
... and here I am back home safe, sound and more than a little soggy. After a superb day yesterday (25 degrees, no less - it was summer!) I left Hastings this morning with grey skies and light rain which continued on and off, with some patches of blue sky between there and Taupo, but from then on steady deterioration so that by Tokoroa the rain was persistent and from Hamilton heavy. Put a bit of a damper on things. The Napier-Taupo road would be interesting to do when fine and dry. As it was I had a heart-stopping moment when I hit a slick patch at a speed I shouldn't have been doing - the resulting wobble must have scared the sh*t out of the oncoming driver. Mental note to self: pay attention to warning signs - they're not there just to keep signwriters in work.
All in all a great trip: just under 2,000 km on mostly good roads with lots of fun and not enough really bad weather to spoil it.
And now for the South Island...
:niceone: