PDA

View Full Version : new bike

I am Milky
19th February 2005, 11:45
Hey guys. Im on a restricted licence and am currently riding round on a fxr but want to get ride of it for a cruiser. I was wondering if you guys could offer some advice as to a reasonable cheep sub 250cc cruiser. Thanks for any help you can give.

XTC
19th February 2005, 11:49
Yamaha XV250 v twin. Pick of the bunch.

Riff Raff
19th February 2005, 14:08
Hmmm - I happen to know that Wellington Motorcycles have a beautiful Honda Rebel 250 in pretty mint condition. She goes by the name of Bella, and was very good to me while I owned her.

Coyote
19th February 2005, 17:14
Could always heavily modify a CBR250RR :niceone:

Storm
19th February 2005, 21:55
Phil Turnbulls has a nice GZ250 (Suzuki) cruiser in thier shop. Very much the cruiser with armchair seat and apehanger style bars
May be able to view it here :www.ptmc.co.nz

Waylander
19th February 2005, 21:58
Yamaha XV250 v twin. Pick of the bunch.
Wow, someone other than me sugest a Virago? Good bikes those I say go with it.:niceone: They have one up here in Hamilton at the shop off of te rapa rd. Don't know the price but I can check for you on monday.

I am Milky
20th February 2005, 17:54
thanx guys but I cant afford that bike @ phills only gt a budget of $3000 'n' its closer to $6000 but if I can't find a nu bike... (u guys are gunna kill me for saying this :ar15: ) but I mite end up buying a mk1 ford cortina. :wari:

XTC
20th February 2005, 17:59
Get the MK1 cortina......

surfchick
28th April 2005, 19:45
cortina's are lovely if they are station wagons-had one before a mini slid into it. boot panels pop completely flat. very handy :whistle: and the mk1 has those lovely chrome indicators. it's all in the detail boys (lets not talk about how they feel like water-bed's to drive...)

John
28th April 2005, 19:49
If you feel rich the Kawsaki eliminator is bloody hot! Hell buy one and I will swap bikes.
http://www.nakamura-motors.com/new/kawasaki/ELIMINATOR250V.jpg

SR's are a cheap alternative.

LED
28th April 2005, 23:02
Hmmm - I happen to know that Wellington Motorcycles have a beautiful Honda Rebel 250 in pretty mint condition. She goes by the name of Bella, and was very good to me while I owned her.

Dude you can't possibly pass up a pre-named bike especially one as sweet sounding as Bella, and don't forget that......... she's a rebel cause she never ever does what she should, just because she doesn't do what everybody else does she's a rebel....... :drinknsin :whistle: :msn-wink:

SlashWylde
29th April 2005, 00:15
thanx guys but I cant afford that bike @ phills only gt a budget of $3000 'n' its closer to $6000 but if I can't find a nu bike... (u guys are gunna kill me for saying this :ar15: ) but I mite end up buying a mk1 ford cortina. :wari:

Mate! I've got an XV250 Virago that i'll be wanting to sell soon for around $3000. It's a great 250 cruiser, V-twin so it has plenty of torque even for a small bike, comfortable and quick when you need it, certainly the pick of the bunch.

I'll be going to a full licence within a couple of weeks and want to upgrade to an XV650 or 1100.

What do you think? Interested?

dart1202
10th May 2005, 03:31
according to me of kawasaki elimitor better , I yesterday trying it. good handling and goog spedd.

Holy Roller
10th May 2005, 04:09
check out the web http://www.baytrader.co.nz
scroll down to motorcycles do a search with your $ amount and or make.
You can choose all of NZ or your region.
Thats where I found my latest bike

Sutage
10th May 2005, 20:50
yea kawasaki eliminators are nice, red baron has one for 3500

gonna get it next maybe when i sell my SR

they sold the GSXR i love :(

Virago
10th May 2005, 22:12
If you feel rich the Kawsaki eliminator is bloody hot! Hell buy one and I will swap bikes.

Wow, what a beast!

Is that available in NZ? It doesn't look like any 250 Eliminator I've ever seen.

Waylander
10th May 2005, 22:24

Hell I don't remember seein that on this thread. Does look like one beastly machine. Almost enough to make me consider trading in the Virago. Almost.:niceone:

Virago
10th May 2005, 22:33
Hell I don't remember seein that on this thread. Does look like one beastly machine. Almost enough to make me consider trading in the Virago. Almost.:niceone:
What???????
Wash your mouth out with soap and say three hail mary's! :D

Waylander
10th May 2005, 22:35
What???????
Wash your mouth out with soap and say three hail mary's! :D

Not a Catholic/christian mate but I will go and pray for forgivness from my Godess. I did say almost. Take a bit for me to trade it in for something with a smaller engine. Hell, even when I decide to go and get a 636 I wont be trading it in.

ricksta
10th May 2005, 23:29

Wow.... :eek5:

that's one very hot bike.... a sporty cruiser.... :love:

err... how much does this bike cost in the shops?

Waylander
10th May 2005, 23:36
Wow.... :eek5:

that's one very hot bike.... a sporty cruiser.... :love:

err... how much does this bike cost in the shops?

If you were paying attention you would have seen:

yea kawasaki eliminators are nice, red baron has one for 3500

gonna get it next maybe when i sell my SR

they sold the GSXR i love :(

Eyes open mate:niceone:

Sutage
11th May 2005, 21:21
Colemans has one for 3000! in blue..

might go check it out tomorrow see if its still there

hmmmm

Virago
11th May 2005, 22:15
Colemans has one for 3000! in blue..

might go check it out tomorrow see if its still there

hmmmm
Here's the Coleman's Bike. It don't look anything like the the beast of a machine shown above in this thread. Whatever that is, I've never seen anything like it, and it sure doesn't look like a 250 to me.

Waylander
11th May 2005, 22:17
Here's the Coleman's Bike. It don't look anything like the the beast of a machine shown above in this thread. Whatever that is, I've never seen anything like it, and it sure doesn't look like a 250 to me.

Custom job maybe? Even the frame doesn't look the same.

Virago
11th May 2005, 22:27
Custom job maybe? Even the frame doesn't look the same.
Different frame, different motor, different bike!

Hell, who cares - I want one!

Waylander
11th May 2005, 22:30
Different frame, different motor, different bike!

Hell, who cares - I want one!

Motor in the one above does look a bit like a 250 though. Can't really tell without some point of reference but the cylinders look about as big as the ones on a Virago 250.
You should check this out.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=236084&postcount=23

Mean looking Rocket III Gav found in the Streetfighters, whose got one thread.

Virago
11th May 2005, 22:38
Motor in the one above does look a bit like a 250 though. Can't really tell without some point of reference but the cylinders look about as big as the ones on a Virago 250.
You should check this out.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=236084&postcount=23

Mean looking Rocket III Gav found in the Streetfighters, whose got one thread.
Not to my taste, I reckon the Triumph Rocket is getting into "Boss Hoss" territory.

250learna
11th May 2005, 22:50
we might say its too big, too mean, or too much of a nudist, but deep down everyone wants one :love:
if you think you dont, wellington motorcycles have one, go and have a look for youself :yes:

Waylander
11th May 2005, 22:54
we might say its too big, too mean, or too much of a nudist, but deep down everyone wants one :love:
if you think you dont, wellington motorcycles have one, go and have a look for youself :yes:
I've seen it. Used to like them till I saw one in person and then I thought "Gods that thing is stupidly huge!!" So no thanks I'll keep my bike.

Virago
11th May 2005, 23:19
I've seen it. Used to like them till I saw one in person and then I thought "Gods that thing is stupidly huge!!" So no thanks I'll keep my bike.
I can only agree. With big street bikes there is fine line between making people point and drool, and making them point and laugh

Waylander
11th May 2005, 23:21
I can only agree. With big street bikes there is fine line between making people point and drool, and making them point and laugh

Specially if you happen to be a tall and rather thin guy on a wide and low bike.:whistle:

Virago
11th May 2005, 23:29
Specially if you happen to be a tall and rather thin guy on a wide and low bike.:whistle:
Or a short fat guy on any damn bike? :whistle:

Waylander
11th May 2005, 23:31
Or a short fat guy on any damn bike? :whistle:

I'll trade you some hight for some wieght.

Virago
11th May 2005, 23:36
I'll trade you some hight for some wieght.
Hmmm, the surgical options are numerous.......

Waylander
11th May 2005, 23:37
Hmmm, the surgical options are numerous.......
:killingme :killingme ...........

skidz
25th June 2005, 19:33
The GN250 is a bloody good buy for $3,000 new from Phil Turnbull.