PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Jeremy
19th February 2005, 12:40
Hey.

I thought that I better introduce myself. I only started riding relatively recently after finishing John Wright's course back around the end of October. After saving up all my money for a year to afford a bike and gear. John certainly wasn't kidding when he said that you have to think that no-one else can see you. I had a 3 different people try to just turn into me without warning on the great south road yesterday. At the moment I'm just waiting until I can take my restricted as it's a little hard to go anywhere outside Auckland when you aren't allowed keep up with the traffic on the motorway.

Dodgyiti
19th February 2005, 13:07
Welcome aboard,
Sounds like you are entering riding with the right idea. No-one sees you, no-one thinks you are significant enough to bother about, but hey, a small draw back and good skills for life too :spudwhat:
Make eye contact when you turn or change lanes, be paranoid, and you will be riding for many years to come.
Things are sweet when the learners is out of the way, just think what tantalising machinery awaits you when you have the full licence!

Ramius
19th February 2005, 13:08
Hey.

I thought that I better introduce myself. I only started riding relatively recently after finishing John Wright's course back around the end of October. After saving up all my money for a year to afford a bike and gear. John certainly wasn't kidding when he said that you have to think that no-one else can see you. I had a 3 different people try to just turn into me without warning on the great south road yesterday. At the moment I'm just waiting until I can take my restricted as it's a little hard to go anywhere outside Auckland when you aren't allowed keep up with the traffic on the motorway.

Hey dude, welcome. Watch out for bastard drivers, especially taxi drivers as they are the worst for not looking, indicating etc. Sit back and have some fun posting around here... :apint:

Gazzar
19th February 2005, 13:30
You will find that if you push your L plate up behide your n\o plate cars will take you more serious. As long as you can see a bit of it you can say it has just riden up if stoped. that is what i do and i am sure they give me more road.

Riff Raff
19th February 2005, 13:53
Hi - welcome to the site :wavey:
A great way to improve your riding and confidence is to get out on KB rides. Hope to see you out there!

sels1
19th February 2005, 13:58
welcome aboard Jeremy

White trash
19th February 2005, 14:28
Welcome Jeremy.

I must say, I have no problem with people spotting me when on the bike. Could be I'm normally sitting on the tank, riding on one wheel and making a shit load of noise or it could be everyone wants to see the shiny silver Gixxer.

Jeremy
19th February 2005, 14:30
Welcome Jeremy.

I must say, I have no problem with people spotting me when on the bike. Could be I'm normally sitting on the tank, riding on one wheel and making a shit load of noise or it could be everyone wants to see the shiny silver Gixxer.

Indeed. Maybe I should just paint my bike florescent green or something.

/me looks at nice shiny SV650SK5

Coyote
19th February 2005, 17:10
Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Waylander
19th February 2005, 17:12
Welcome to the site mate enjoy and have fun but beware of this guy--->:wari:

DEATH_INC.
19th February 2005, 17:30
Welcome dude.
Come along on a few KB rides and you'll soon learn how to cope with open road speeds and all sorts of dangerous vehicles :banana:

crashe
19th February 2005, 18:09
Welcome to KB and like the others say come along on the KB rides....
There a couple that have their yellow flag hanging off the back of the bike...
Dont be shy just come and join in. :spudwave: :wari: :banana:

Ms Piggy
19th February 2005, 19:54
Welcome along buddy :spudwave: , the best way to ride is like everyone on the road is out to get ya. Then you'll be ready for anything!

wari
19th February 2005, 20:02
HI JEremmy ... your shout mate ... :apint: ... notta virtuall shout either .. I LIke mine in 3D ... :moon:

:spudguita :spudbooge

Enjoy yurrslef .. and well-come .. :spudwave:

Joni
19th February 2005, 20:33
Hello!
Have fun...
:spudwave:

magnum
23rd February 2005, 21:36
hello and welcome :spudwave: