PDA

View Full Version : New and looking for gear

FEINT
19th February 2005, 12:48
I am new and I am looking for gear eg... Helmets, Gloves, Jacket etc...

Where do you all purchase your gear from? What brands do you recommend? I am looking for a place that is reasonably priced.

Thanks. :2thumbsup

Ramius
19th February 2005, 13:15

Where do you all purchase your gear from? What brands do you recommend? I am looking for a place that is reasonably priced.

motomail has some good stuff for good prices sometimes. You could check at some motorcycle stores because some offer package deals, i.e jacket, pants, boots, gloves, helmet. Pretty entry level stuff but good none the less. Enjoy the rinding my friend and welcome.

Jeremy
19th February 2005, 13:38

Since your in Auckland try Colemans.

Your helmet will cost ~$200 always buy brand new.
Gloves ~$40 // More for winter gloves
Jacket will set you back about $300 if you go for an armoured jacket.
Pants are about $200. Boots are $160.

sels1
19th February 2005, 13:54
Welcome aboard the site Feint.
Any bike shop will have the stuff you want of course, the bigger the shop the better the range but sometimes the smaller outfits will have better service and will give you a deal. Shop around. If you want cheap then look at Trade Me or trade and exchange but I would recommend NOT to buy a 2nd hand helmet-you never know its history. Helmets are best bought new, many shops are offering specials on the HJC brand at the moment $140-$150. Good entry level lid.

Coyote
19th February 2005, 17:27
I managed to get some 'motoline' boots for 150 from Sawyers. Not sure where you would be able to get them in Auckland. They are pretty good, would like some armour on the toe now that I can lean the bike further now

FROSTY
19th February 2005, 17:51
I agree with all the above posts re Helmets--BUY NEW --actually Atomic Wreckers had a really hot deal on full face lids-$110 and they look to be pretty good quality.
for the rest of your gear -quite frankly I think slightly second hand is the way to go.
You can get real bargain prices on leather jackets if ya haggle at cash converters. for boots N gloves etc --Hey put a wanted add up on KB --im sure therll be people with good gear they will sell ya cheap.
Ive got a pair of size 92 trou with armoutr in the knees you could have for $50 and if ya get stuck I could probably find a pair of gloves for ya

FEINT
20th February 2005, 18:38
thanks alot guys, I will just have a look around.

Where about is Motomail?

I have had a look at Red Baron and they have quite a bit of stuff. Do you guys wear two piece or one piece? Do you all wear leather or the synthetic material?? Any brands / models you recommend / don't recommend?

Thanks!