PDA

View Full Version : Best WWF/WWE wrestler of all time

White trash
16th January 2009, 20:37
Bit tough this one, I know. There's a few more than twelve but that's all the poll allows.

So if you've got another, let's here your thoughts. I've missed out a heap coz I couldn't choose.

And all you homo's sitting there going"It's not real, it's all fake." Well, we're all big kids here, we know it's fake. Bit like Santa. It's still fucken entertaining.

So vote away.

Frenchy
16th January 2009, 20:39
Have to be the ultimate warrior!!!

White trash
16th January 2009, 20:41
Jesus Christ son! You chose before I even had the poll up!

MIXONE
16th January 2009, 20:42

Yes that makes 2 votes.:first:

Hitcher
16th January 2009, 20:43
I stopped watching "wrestling" about the same time as the Bushwhackers were done away with. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bushwhackers

SARGE
16th January 2009, 20:43
Bit tough this one, I know. There's a few more than twelve but that's all the poll allows.

So if you've got another, let's here your thoughts. I've missed out a heap coz I couldn't choose.

And all you homo's sitting there going"It's not real, it's all fake." Well, we're all big kids here, we know it's fake. Bit like Santa. It's still fucken entertaining.

So vote away.

out of the choices.. brett hart..

overall.. Randy Savage or any one of the original 4 horsemen... rick flair.. arn and oly anderson and tully blanchard

http://www.buttonhole.com.au/images/Ric_Flair_&_Four_Horsemen_Screen_1.jpg

http://www.lacoctelera.com/quefuede/imagen/Randy%20Savage%20en%201991.jpg

White trash
16th January 2009, 20:45
I can't vote.

I'd say Ultimate Warrior coz of how he was. Or aybe Hogan cause I was a Hulk-a-maniac as a kid. But then I'd go Ray Mysterio because he's the most athletic mother f*Łker I've ever seen. Then I'd say Goldberg bcause he went 173 for no losses. But then I'd say John Cena because of all the time he spends with "Make A Wish"......

Arrrgghhhh fuggit, I don't know!!!!!

White trash
16th January 2009, 20:47
I stopped watching "wrestling" about the same time as the Bushwhackers were done away with. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bushwhackers
The Bushwhackers weren't wrestlers mate, they were a flash in the pan with a gimmick. They lost a SHITLOAD more than they won.

In this democratic poll however, your vote still stands.

Cookie Monster
16th January 2009, 20:48
It's a know brainer it is "THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR" of course...

The stuff today is rubbish bring the warrior back...:clap:

White trash
16th January 2009, 20:49
out of the choices.. brett hart..

overall.. Randy Savage or any one of the original 4 horsemen... rick flair.. arn and oly anderson and tully blanchard

Ummmm, a Candian? Really?

I was gonna chuck The Canadian Crippler, Chris Benoit up there but just thought it may be in a little porr taste

Bullitt
16th January 2009, 20:51
Noone will agree with me but when I used to watch it a few years ago my favourite was Jeff Hardy. He took so much more of a hammering of things that must have hurt and was way more active than anyone else

SARGE
16th January 2009, 20:53
Ummmm, a Candian? Really?

I was gonna chuck The Canadian Crippler, Chris Benoit up there but just thought it may be in a little porr taste

nah..

i actually met Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Randy Savage at a club i DJ'd at a few years ago..they were in town for a match and needed a few cold drinks afterwards...

dont remember the next 4 days..

Creeping Death
16th January 2009, 21:19
:shit: No "The Rock"?...oh well,a vote for the Hulkster!

Little Miss Trouble
16th January 2009, 21:21
Heh, showing my (lack of) age, I don't recognise half those names.

The Rock and Stone Cold were good entertainment value.

Gotta love Ray Mysterio's aerial stunts though:love:

SARGE
16th January 2009, 21:26
hacksaw jim duggan

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7834/hacksawjimduggancp3.jpg

Timber020
16th January 2009, 21:31
Boy I have got bad news for you kids about the wrestling. Along with the easter bunny, santa and god

Storm
16th January 2009, 21:39
He's your hero isnt he Sarge? :bleh:

I'd vote for Hulk Hogan as he has bought so much popularity to the sport over the many years he has been in the game. He is the guy EVERYBODY has heard of.

That said, Ultimate Warrior for being a loose unit, Hacksaw Jim for smashing people with a builders offcut
Oh, and Bill Goldberg for the "fuck, that cant be real" lifting-and sunsequent 3 second holding up without both kneecaps blowing out - of the 250kg (500lb) Giant

SARGE
16th January 2009, 21:49
He's your hero isnt he Sarge? :bleh:

I'd vote for Hulk Hogan as he has bought so much popularity to the sport over the many years he has been in the game. He is the guy EVERYBODY has heard of.

That said, Ultimate Warrior for being a loose unit, Hacksaw Jim for smashing people with a builders offcut
Oh, and Bill Goldberg for the "fuck, that cant be real" lifting-and sunsequent 3 second holding up without both kneecaps blowing out - of the 250kg (500lb) Giant

Goldberg played uni gridiron (University of Georgia Bulldogs) and played for the LA Rams, Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers in the NFL..he was an absolute monster on the field too

kiwifruit
16th January 2009, 22:02
Mick Foley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Foley)

yod
16th January 2009, 22:06
The Million Dollar Man!!!

what a complete tosser.....

The Honky Tonk Kid, Ravishing Rick Rude.....oi....it's time like these I'm glad I'm not 15 anymore

Frenchy
16th January 2009, 22:26
I can't vote.

I'd say Ultimate Warrior coz of how he was. Or aybe Hogan cause I was a Hulk-a-maniac as a kid.

Arrrgghhhh fuggit, I don't know!!!!!

I was once like you and thought Hogan was the man till my mum bought me a Hulk Hogan stretch wrestler and i stretched him to much and his arm came off!! I cried for days :crybaby:

Frenchy
16th January 2009, 22:29
The Million Dollar Man!!!

what a complete tosser.....

The Honky Tonk Kid, Ravishing Rick Rude.....oi....it's time like these I'm glad I'm not 15 anymore

yeah but i bet you'll still pulling some wrestling moves like the "Rude Awaking" :yes:

Donor
16th January 2009, 22:48
Jake "The Snake" Roberts!

Dammit, where are my WWF bubble gum cards? Ah, in the secret jar in my garage, that's right!

NighthawkNZ
16th January 2009, 22:58
"It's not real, it's all fake." Well, we're all big kids here, we know it's fake. Bit like Santa. It's still fucken entertaining..

but thats the very reason I never watched it, was never interested in such crap... entertainment my arse... pppfftttssst

I prefer to watch the real thing... after a while I found that boring too... so bought my first motorcycle... never looked back...

FlangMasterJ
16th January 2009, 23:52
Mick Foley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Foley)

I saw a doco on Mick. It was called Beyond the Mat. Now I can't stand wrestling but this guy deserves respect. The beatings he took were crazy. He's also a talented writer.

ynot slow
17th January 2009, 07:07
Sly Stallone.

He is a good actor(tui any one)and they are actors.

Swoop
17th January 2009, 08:19
Sting???:scratch:

Wasn't he the lead singer with The Police?

scracha
17th January 2009, 08:23
FUGGIN POOFTAS. These guys aren't wrestlers. Where's the option for "big daddy" and "giant haystacks" ?

Cajun
17th January 2009, 08:31
my favourite was always Ultimate warrior, and jake the snake was good as well.

But also like bushwackers, funny as hell, and made alot of yanks think all kiwis where like that.

My mum remembers seeing them when she was a youngin doing shows around NZ.

McJim
17th January 2009, 09:31
FUGGIN POOFTAS. These guys aren't wrestlers. Where's the option for "big daddy" and "giant haystacks" ?

Yeah, now they were REAL wrestlers - no choreography or blow dried hair and they didn't arse about with any of that muscle definition rubbish either - good honest blubber over big bones.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Martin-Ruane

6'10" tall and weighed 672lbs

MisterD
17th January 2009, 13:50

Now you're talking! Catweasle, Kendo Nagasaki, Mick McManus, Pat "Bomber" Roach...

Oh, and Sarge stuff yer gridiron, Big Daddy played league for Bradford Northern :headbang:

**Edit**

How is it possible to have a discussion about Seppo wrestling without Steve Austin in the list?

hospitalfood
17th January 2009, 14:01
Randy Savage

naphazoline
17th January 2009, 14:41
The ultimate warrior had a chiselled out physique.(quite possibly steroids,but still looked bodybuilder ripped.)

scracha
17th January 2009, 19:18
Yeah, now they were REAL wrestlers - no choreography

Most of the American bodybuilders...sorry, wrestlers would cry like girls at the merest hint of a half nelson.

Certainly they weren't acting. I have vague memories of a guy getting killed on live telly during it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0DSro4l_0cE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0DSro4l_0cE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If proper wrestling were still on the telly I'd watch it. The WWF is a load of $hite.

jrandom
18th January 2009, 07:49
If proper wrestling were still on the telly I'd watch it.

Lots of good wrestling to be seen in MMA these days.

:yes:

svr
18th January 2009, 08:02
Well, we're all big kids here...

Precisely.
You kids don't vote in (real) elections, hold vehicle licenses or operate heavy machinery do you?

naphazoline
18th January 2009, 08:44
Lots of good wrestling to be seen in MMA these days.

:yes:

I agree.But if you're into watching fights,MMA gets a little boring.
IMO,they spend too much time on the ground.

Not taking anything away from these fighters,as their ground skills are awesome,but from a spectators point of view,i'd like to see them limit the time spent on the ground.

bull
18th January 2009, 11:38
My favs ould be in some kind of chronological order:

Ultimate Warrior,
Bill Goldberg,
Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Loved watching the wrestling as a child and as a teen but nowadays i wont even let the kids watch the crock of shit it is.

Jerry74
18th January 2009, 11:40
The Ultimate "Steroid Bunny" Warrior was the best

Dooly
18th January 2009, 12:59
I reckon Triple H will be the best rassla, as we all know he can have the title anytime he wants via saveloy action with a McMahon!

Heart says Randy Savage, but reality prob Ric Flair.

Anyone caught a live WWE show?
Putting aside all the fakeness, blah blah blah whatever etc........its very entertaining, and the rasslas work the crowd more than you see on TV.

How do I know?
*Says qiuetly.....missus is a rabid fan, and we've had front row seats to Smackdown in Auckland and the same last year in Brissy*
Also have front row for Brissy RAW in July this year when we're on holiday.
Damn, why did I say that out loud.!!!!!:laugh::shutup:

BuFfY
18th January 2009, 13:01
I know they are a group, not just one wrestler, but what about 3count! God they were awesome!

But my vote goes for Sting! I still remember crying my eyes out when Vampiro buried him, and then he came back to life!

I don't watch WWE though, I only watched wrestling when it was WCW. With guys like Goldberg, Billy Kidman, Ray Mysterio, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash!! ooh goodness!!

Dooly
18th January 2009, 13:06
Another thing, fuck me, some of those guys are huge up close.
The size of Mark Henry from about a metre away is mammoth, he's a as wide as damn near high!
Snitsky also is massive, far bigger than Kane or Taker up close.

Tony W
18th January 2009, 13:24

So vote away.

If there is a prize for " Saddest ever thread " on Kiwi Biker, you have won it !:first:

I now challenge the whole community to come up with an even sadder one !

NordieBoy
18th January 2009, 13:39
For pure entertainment and high flying...

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

Grizzo
18th January 2009, 14:25
What about the nutter with the piece of wood....Hacksaw Jim Duggan? He was pretty cool!

Drew
18th January 2009, 14:35
John Cena is the coolest!:slap:You cant see me.

SARGE
18th January 2009, 22:14

Oh, and Sarge stuff yer gridiron, Big Daddy played league for Bradford Northern :headbang:

no worries Mr. D ..

seeing as how goldberg stand 6'4" .. weighs 129 kg (+10 KG in Pads) and runs the 100m in sub 10 second times ..

i couldnt see any of the pretty boys Thugby players lasting more than 2 or 3 hits from him..even fully geared up it still hurts like a train wreck .. lotta momentum in an inelastic collision like that ..Newton's Second Law..

cynna
18th January 2009, 22:36
ken shamrock - MMA fighter that went to wwf to make even more money. he can actually fight as well as 'wrestle'

Big Dave
18th January 2009, 22:53
Your wet behind the ears ferkin showbiz pansy boys had nothing on the pioneer wrestlers.

Killer Kawalski invented the claw.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Kowalski
when Hulk Hogan was still in Nappies.

Mario Milano
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Milano
could endure 15 minutes of punishment 4 three counts and still land a drop kick to win the bout.

'Ultimate' - pish.
Killer Karl Kox would have given him a brainbuster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Karl_Kox

Killer Karl Kox was one of the biggest stars in the WCW promotion in Australia during the 1960s and 1970's. As a singles heel through the sixties, he was a top-of-card fixture battling well-established crowd favourites such as Mark Lewin, Spiros Arion, Tex Mackenzie, Dominic Denucci and Mario Milano. Enormous numbers from Australia's nascent ethnic community turned out to support Arion, Denucci and Milano, and Kox risked riots at every appearance. His brainbuster finisher was as famous as his chronic rule breaking and surreptitious use of foreign objects. Fans longed to see the brainbuster deployed on the side of good, and this boon was granted in 1971 when the Killer turned into a good guy in a nationally televised mea culpa - he pledged to change his ways on a solemn promise to his

and all over rover.

Kids, sheeesh.

SARGE
18th January 2009, 23:00
Your wet behind the ears ferkin showbiz pansy boys had nothing on the pioneer wrestlers.

Killer Kawalski invented the claw.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Kowalski
when Hulk Hogan was still in Nappies.

Mario Milano
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Milano
could endure 15 minutes of punishment 4 three counts and still land a drop kick to win the bout.

'Ultimate' - pish.
Killer Karl Kox would have given him a brainbuster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Karl_Kox

Killer Karl Kox was one of the biggest stars in the WCW promotion in Australia during the 1960s and 1970's. As a singles heel through the sixties, he was a top-of-card fixture battling well-established crowd favourites such as Mark Lewin, Spiros Arion, Tex Mackenzie, Dominic Denucci and Mario Milano. Enormous numbers from Australia's nascent ethnic community turned out to support Arion, Denucci and Milano, and Kox risked riots at every appearance. His brainbuster finisher was as famous as his chronic rule breaking and surreptitious use of foreign objects. Fans longed to see the brainbuster deployed on the side of good, and this boon was granted in 1971 when the Killer turned into a good guy in a nationally televised mea culpa - he pledged to change his ways on a solemn promise to his

and all over rover.

Kids, sheeesh.

wow.. its like having an Old Guy Encyclopedia ..

now get off my lawn....

Big Dave
18th January 2009, 23:03
When I finish pissing on yer lemons jnr.

SARGE
18th January 2009, 23:04
When I finish pissing on yer lemons jnr.

thanks for the action pics btw

Big Dave
18th January 2009, 23:06
thanks for the action pics btw

Whoa!!! - bad segway - of him riding his motorcycle for all you kids listening at home.

Quite welcome.

SARGE
18th January 2009, 23:10
Whoa!!! - bad segway - of him riding his motorcycle for all you kids listening at home.

Quite welcome.

ouch,,,..........

MisterD
19th January 2009, 07:35
no worries Mr. D ..

seeing as how goldberg stand 6'4" .. weighs 129 kg (+10 KG in Pads) and runs the 100m in sub 10 second times ..

i couldnt see any of the pretty boys Thugby players lasting more than 2 or 3 hits from him..even fully geared up it still hurts like a train wreck .. lotta momentum in an inelastic collision like that ..Newton's Second Law..

Bradford Northern is (was, it's Bradford Bulls now) "League" and I would seriously doubt Goldberg's ability to put more than 2 or 3 hits in if he was actually forced to stay on the pitch for more than 1 minute...

Dooly
19th January 2009, 07:47
Votes for the Ultimate Warrior as da man huh...........:crazy:

I see he's gone wacko over the years, has legally changed his name to Warrior Warrior, and made a comeback recently in some small org against a numpty that used to be in WWE Orlando Jordan and won the title, then think he promptly gave the title back?

Google is good.
http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/

ManDownUnder
19th January 2009, 07:56
Righto trashy - you and I ... our opinions are going to parts ways on this one.

WWF? I know it was fake and all that - I have no problems at all with it... but it's just through and through crap! To much bloody happy clappy hype, rara and men with boobs bigger than Dolly's?

yeah mate - that good lady of yours confirms you have taste but... gotta admit I'm questioning it a bit eh... but then maybe I'm just too old for that shit...

Colapop
19th January 2009, 07:58
Back when wrestling was brutal!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/AbdullahTheButcher.jpg

Dooly
19th January 2009, 08:15
Even tho the missus is a huge fan, I look upon it as entertainment.
TV shows, like anything on telly.
Or just like movies.

When we went to Auckland Smackdown 2 years ago I thought.........'man this is gonna be lame'.......but when all the pyros and noise happened I started to gel to it, purely as a spectacle, a show.
Mind you the missus was totally into it and her night was made when Batista grabbed her hand!!!
But the hilarity of it was grown men in the crowd wandering around wearing replica wrestling belts. We're talking 40s plus!!!!
I enjoyed watching the crowd more I reckon.

Fake, just like movies, or sitcoms etc, they're not real either.

WWE and all pro rasslin is scripted, we all know that.
That is, the results are known before the match and most of the matches are played out before hand so that all, including the refs know what will go on.

I've read a few rassla bios and books on the scene and find them a great read, especially when they tell all about what goes on behind the scenes.

But in saying, fake, scripted, whatever..........from being front row in Brissy last year and seeing the huge red welts on the back of the rasslas, and especially the chicks, they sure take the bumps.
But they are trained to take them, but it sure did'nt look fake to me when the big fellas were hoisting 300 pounders over their heads.

Kane took a massive hit and slam into the turnbuckle and fell face first in front of me, about a metre away.
You could tell he was hurt as his eyes were rolling in his head.
But hey, that could be the roids right?:bleh:

Oh well, each to their own, life's all about being entertained.

But what makes me laugh even more is when non fans of rasslin still think that fans actually don't know that its 'fake'.........

As you were.........:niceone::clap:

imdying
19th January 2009, 09:54
What sorta poll doesn't have the Bushwackas!

Dooly
19th January 2009, 10:07

I think one of them runs a gym in Kapiti coast now?

BIGBOSSMAN
19th January 2009, 10:39
How about our own dreaded Kiwi heroes like Merv Fortune, John Da Silva and Steve Rickard?
Fuck me, Merv was an absolute animal and would so waste homos like Batista and John Cena!

Oh and of course the BIGBOSSMAN...

Dooly
19th January 2009, 10:59
How about our own dreaded Kiwi heroes like Merv Fortune, John Da Silva and Steve Rickard?
Fuck me, Merv was an absolute animal and would so waste homos like Batista and John Cena!

Oh and of course the BIGBOSSMAN...

Yes, don't forget the Bossman.
Prison guard, Cob County Georgia!
Remember him from when I used to watch all the time years ago.
Was one of my favs!:cool:

sugilite
19th January 2009, 11:13
Yep, NZ had it's own show for quite some time, it was either The Big Mat, or On The Mat, with Steve Rickard, King Curtis, Mark Lewin and more...They were our own NZ stars in the cough cough day.
A lot was staged too. I went to see one live and there was this German baddie, cannot recall his name. (Baron von claw?) I remember he had this move he did with his hands on the temples, and it sure did look painfull and the opponent always submitted straight away.

Anyways, went to this live show with Steve Rickard and the baron. The baron pulled his move and Mark Lewin came flying into the ring and he and Rickard double teamed the count, absolutely smashing his head again and again, then they started on the barons hands, smashing the backs off them on the turnbuckles and anything else they could find....think it was fake, I could see the barons tendons in the back of both smashed and ripped up hands. Personally, I was freaked seeing it! And...the Baron was never heard from again in nz wrestling circles..just disappeared of the show!!!

Morcs
19th January 2009, 11:22
the rock isnt on the poll?!? wtf

Marmoot
19th January 2009, 12:09

So vote away.

Best: Stephanie McMahon.

You're a homo, I'm not.

NordieBoy
19th January 2009, 13:52

One that doesn't smell of tuna?

SARGE
19th January 2009, 18:51
bradford northern is (was, it's bradford bulls now) "league" and i would seriously doubt goldberg's ability to put more than 2 or 3 hits in if he was actually forced to stay on the pitch for more than 1 minute...

different game.. Different rules, different culture...

Owl
21st January 2009, 21:54
I voted for the Ultimate Warrior, basically because he is somewhat intelligent outside the ring and has done really well for himself!

Drew
23rd January 2009, 14:40
Next time you're in at Wellingotn motorcycles, ask Garry Gill about the New Zealand wrestling, more specifically, "Dr Death".:shutup:

nico
29th January 2009, 19:59
the hulk not really my fav, i that ddp was good and the undertaker is the man but you dont think wrestling without knowing or hearing about hulk hogan brotherrr