PDA

View Full Version : ZXR 250C

RPM91
20th February 2005, 00:53
Hey everyone, I sold my vt 250spada and now im about to get my nxt 250cc. Just after i got my restricted i got disqualifed for 8 months and now its about 2 weeks from being up and Ive still got to wait another 18 months or so till my full so Just orginising this really good deal for a 1993 Kawasaki ZXR 250C with 11,000k's on her, is there any problems with the ZXR models and are they pretty much the same as a CBR 250rr in performance or better ?

John
20th February 2005, 01:05
um, zxr's are about the same as cbrr's have alittle more HP, but the ZXR has more torque, so its really neck and neck.. although I think (keyword) the CBRR may have better handling, although they are so light they handling is about the best they can get on both bikes.

John
20th February 2005, 02:21
here they are side by side.

http://www.motorbikes.be/en/compare/783/863/

Rember the HP is crank HP, most restricted bikes from japan are limited to around 33bhp.

Coyote
20th February 2005, 08:10
11,000ks sounds damn good. Reckon you should go for it.

As for performance, we could always find that out :devil2:

カワサキキド
20th February 2005, 16:26
Get it! Then we can have zxr battles over to Akaroa.

**R1**
20th February 2005, 19:18
Get it! Then we can have zxr battles over to Akaroa.
Dude yoy would lose.....you have to keep stoping and picking up bits of ya shedding bike :2thumbsup Did ya find it in the end? did i scare you when i passed you at 292kph??

カワサキキド
20th February 2005, 22:27
Dude yoy would lose.....you have to keep stoping and picking up bits of ya shedding bike :2thumbsup Did ya find it in the end? did i scare you when i passed you at 292kph??
It's just sheading it's skin.

I was doing about 70kph looking in the grass for my piece of fairing when you came screaming passed. I was wondering when you where going to catch up.

few
28th February 2005, 12:49
I know a couple people who've got/had zxr250s (A and C models) they both had problems with rust on the tank. And went through front fork seals. In one case the guy ended up having to buy a new fork because the fork slider thing (? name) was a bit rough so kept stuffing the seals. Just something to keep an eye on, they're very nice bikes. I've got an old cbr250 (mc22)

BNZ
28th February 2005, 20:14
Ive got a ZX2R C and cant say ive had tank rust issues. I do have an aftermarket fuel filter installed that is clear and shows no signs of rust passing through it. Apparently some fuel can damage a tank (something to do with when the banned leaded fuel). Cant say ive had any fork issues either. Mines a 1992 with 38k's

aff-man
28th February 2005, 21:45
zxr250's are really wicked. Mine had done over 100000 km and was still going strong (minime bought it). I also went for from a vt250 to a zxr250 and it was wicked fun.

FlyingDutchMan
1st March 2005, 12:08
The only thing i recon that the CBR has over the ZXR is that it has gear driven cams instead of a chain. Apart from that they're pretty much identicle.

Jonty
1st March 2005, 12:20
I have had issues with my bloody fork seals!! the things leak every 1000ks at the moment (and they aren't pitted! :angry2: ). I would strongly recommend that if you buy one, that you ALWAYS wipe down the forks with CRC and a clean cloth after each ride (as upside down forks catch alot of road crap and even bug splatter when dried can puncture the seal). Other than that I have not had any other trouble with mine. The cam chain does cause problems if it gets too lose although it is often hard to tell when this occurs because nearly all ZXR's have the famous cam chain rattle.

I have had a race with a CBR 250 rr and to be honest the only difference was the rider ( :banana: )

Good luck with your purchase