PDA

View Full Version : Saturday in the Wairarapa

Hitcher
20th February 2005, 13:54
Saturday morning dawned fine and clear with little wind. Still only one bike in the Hitcher household but this is soon to change, thanks to the legendary WT. So onto the red steed we leapt.

After a quick visit to Sawyers to settle some financial matters, off we headed to the Wairarapa.

Some day soon the Kaitokes will be no more! Ride them while ye may and mourn their passing.

There were a bunch of other riders at the Fish, including StoneChucker, who had landed himself the job of taking young Fiona (the world's best wait-person) for a spin on his R1. Mrs H came to the rescue by providing the requisite safety apparel. Photos attached.

After a leisurely lunch in the sun we (the Hitchers and StoneChucker) decided to head off to Castlepoint. We went via watertower hill. The day was magic but the wind picked up in the northern end of the Wairarapa and was a bit gusty in places on the ride out to Castlepoint but nothing too worrying.

We stopped for cold beverages and gas for the R1 at Castlepoint. We sat by the sea and soaked up the ocean breeze.

Our homewards journey was via Masterton (requisite gas stop for an R1 and optional for the ST1300 [240km from Upper Hutt, with over half a tank to go]) and coffee and cake at the Mainstreet Deli in Greytown.

After having nana-ed along with a two-up ST for most of the afternoon, StoneChucker wooshed past just after the Lake Wairarapa lookout, a roostertail of gravel in his wake. By the time Mrs H and I attained the Rimutaka summit, he was onto his second pie...

It is almost exactly 100km from Mobil Masterton to home (99.9km to be precise). Over three-quarters of a tank left...

A fantastic day for riding. And thanks Dave for your company. We both enjoyed having you along.

Blakamin
20th February 2005, 14:44
I knew there was a reason he keeps going to the flying fish.... :shake:

sounds like a good day... :niceone:

Ms Piggy
20th February 2005, 20:55
Go Stoney! You know, I'm not one to gossip but!!!! Thats the same young lady who pulled over when she saw his bike (and mine) stopped on the side of the motorway when my throttle cable broke. ;)

Blakamin
20th February 2005, 21:00
Go Stoney! You know, I'm not one to gossip but!!!! Thats the same young lady who pulled over when she saw his bike (and mine) stopped on the side of the motorway when my throttle cable broke. ;)
:niceone: hehehehe.. where is he tonight??? still in martinborough???

StoneChucker
21st February 2005, 00:25
Talk about looking for gossip! Was just a ride, to give her a taste of bikes. She said afterwards that bike sure can go fast. Thing is, I was going pretty slow, since there was a small lag between me accelerating and her gripping tighter. If I floored it, she'd probably have bounced off :(

I remember my first ride ever on a bike, as pillion. I must have been about 6 or 8, and it felt amazing! We were probably only going about 50 though, didn't make any difference to me.

Thanks Hitcher, those are two great pics!

wari
21st February 2005, 00:55
[Despite constant nagging, why isn't there are "Ride reports" forum??]

WHateverr do you mean sirr ... ?

THerre is ... :spudguita

Hitcher
21st February 2005, 07:51
WHateverr do you mean sirr ... ?

THerre is ...
Bugger me. So there is. 1,000 apologies to the administrators for being so unfairly maligned by a such a pugnacious prick.

Hitcher
21st February 2005, 12:09
Although... Having just visited the Forums page, I couldn't see it there this time???

Skunk
21st February 2005, 12:26
Although... Having just visited the Forums page, I couldn't see it there this time???That's ever so sad, cos this thread is in it! :shake:

Hitcher
21st February 2005, 12:55
That's ever so sad, cos this thread is in it!
You have entered the twilight zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use the key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams’ creation
Enter this world of imagination

wari
21st February 2005, 13:05
Bugger me. So there is. 1,000 apologies to the administrators for being so unfairly maligned by a such a pugnacious prick.

APo-loggies ac-cepted my friend ... :spudwave:

SPankme moved this underrda meetings and e-vents section ... :spudguita

KEeps things so much tidierr eh ... hes so wise ... :yeah:

:sunny:

PEople ... and othrr creatuers can PM me if they know of anyothrr threads that de-serve tobe moved to HItchers wonderland of ride re-ports ... :wari:

I Yam herre to serve ... :niceone:

ANds erve I will by cridkey dick je-hoso-fat and mo-humm-madd .. :doobey: