One of these

http://www.ktm.com.au/bike.php?bike=27

First time an adventure bike has made me go, "Ooo I want that!"

Paul in NZ
21st February 2005, 10:37
Hmm. Sort of peach colour...

You aiming for the whole fruit bowl?

Paul N

ps - I've got an adventure bike - every time I ride it it's a bloody adventure.

James Deuce
21st February 2005, 10:42
Hmm. Sort of peach colour...

You aiming for the whole fruit bowl?

Paul N

ps - I've got an adventure bike - every time I ride it it's a bloody adventure.
Bugger, laughed out loud at work again.

KTM's are orange, but I guess that's just as "bad". I'm starting to think a sports tourer and a semi-dirt/adventure bike would be the perfect gargre.

White trash
21st February 2005, 10:50
That looks like a bloody TDM wanna be!

Paul in NZ
21st February 2005, 11:05
And lets face it, based on sales, who would wanna be. (boom boom)

I don't mind them but I don't think they were a really big seller where they?

PN

Pwalo
21st February 2005, 11:27
One of these

Only if your feet could touch the ground. And it's so ORANGE.

Motu
21st February 2005, 11:52
Well,you could paint it...

I want a KTM mini bike so I can touch the ground with my toes.

Hitcher
21st February 2005, 11:58
Oh for an inside leg measurement of 52"...

Who designs these things (two-wheeled testicle depressors, that is)? Why does the seat height on any bike have to be higher than 750mm? Where is it written? What is the point?

I was marvelling at this phenomenum whilst standing alongside some knobbly Yamaha thing in Sawyers on Saturday. "How does one mount said?" I thought. Does one click it into gear, ease out the clutch, step onto the left peg and throw one's leg over Lone Ranger style? Does one remove oneself in the opposite fashion or does one ride up to some suitably robust structure and lean the bike against said prior to dismounting, or just plummet to earth in some ungainly manner?

Coyote
21st February 2005, 12:44
Very nice bike :yes:

Pity Orange is now the new 'Gay colour'. Since when did colours have a sexual preference :unsure:

riffer
21st February 2005, 15:49
Harumph. Uninsurable.

Forget about it. :2guns:

James Deuce
21st February 2005, 15:56
Harumph. Uninsurable.

Forget about it. :2guns:

You can go and get ??????

moko
21st February 2005, 19:56
I was marvelling at this phenomenum whilst standing alongside some knobbly Yamaha thing in Sawyers on Saturday. "How does one mount said?" I thought.

Here`s the instructions I got when I picked up my hired(highered even) BMW R1100GS from Auckland.
Put bike on stand,stand to the right.Place right foot on right footpeg,swing left leg over seat and onto left peg.That loud bang you heard was the top-box getting kicked yet again.Then the really scary bit first time round ,because you can see Rotorua from up there,roll it off the stand.Luckily the BM is very well balanced and a bloody good bike as well but the height and weight are definately daunting,with a full tank it`s well top-heavy too.

Oscar
21st February 2005, 20:08
One of these

I promise you, you don't need that fairing and the extra weight. Mine's an "E" (for enduro), same motor 30-40 kilos lighter and it's red and black.

Brucee Marshalls got an E that he's lowered and it's fer sale. Not that they're that tall to start with - even Motu good ride one...

Hitcher
21st February 2005, 20:10
Here`s the instructions I got when I picked up my hired(highered even) BMW R1100GS from Auckland.
Put bike on stand,stand to the right.Place right foot on right footpeg,swing left leg over seat and onto left peg.That loud bang you heard was the top-box getting kicked yet again.Then the really scary bit first time round ,because you can see Rotorua from up there,roll it off the stand.Luckily the BM is very well balanced and a bloody good bike as well but the height and weight are definately daunting,with a full tank it`s well top-heavy too.
Is that cunning manoeuver completed off the side stand or the main stand?

Oscar
21st February 2005, 20:11
That looks like a bloody TDM wanna be!

Hahahah...
The only thing the TDM wants to be is side ways when the gravel gets deep. I wanna trade mine on a V-Strom...

James Deuce
21st February 2005, 20:45
I promise you, you don't need that fairing and the extra weight. Mine's an "E" (for enduro), same motor 30-40 kilos lighter and it's red and black.

Brucee Marshalls got an E that he's lowered and it's fer sale. Not that they're that tall to start with - even Motu good ride one...

Yes, the KTM model roster is starting to expand in ways I like. The 950 supermoto looks like it's going to rock AND roll.

There's just something about the desert raid looks of the 640 Adventure from front on though. Even though I'd probably cry the first time I got into trouble on the loose stuff. MIght have to sell a family member and get a DR250 t learn how to appreciate an off road oriented bike proper like.

Oscar
21st February 2005, 20:49
Yes, the KTM model roster is starting to expand in ways I like. The 950 supermoto looks like it's going to rock AND roll.

There's just something about the desert raid looks of the 640 Adventure from front on though. Even though I'd probably cry the first time I got into trouble on the loose stuff. MIght have to sell a family member and get a DR250 t learn how to appreciate an off road oriented bike proper like.

The Adventure's OK, but those skinny tyres gimme the shits. Put knobblies on the goddamn thing!

I wants an LC8, but I may have to settle for summat cheaper (currently looking at V-Strom/Cagiva Navigator and GS1150)...

Skunk
21st February 2005, 21:25
MIght have to sell a family member and get a DR250 t learn how to appreciate an off road oriented bike proper like.No, not one of them! They break limbs they do... :lol: