PDA

View Full Version : Scooter required urgently in Wgtn

StoneChucker
21st February 2005, 12:36
I have a friend who needs to buy a scooter tomorrow, in the Wellington area... The price she wants to spend is about $1200. I know of the scooter place in J'Ville, but they are only open till 1pm! Also, is this a realistic price for an entry level, reliable scooter?

Thanks
Dave.

Skunk
21st February 2005, 12:42
I have a friend who needs to buy a scooter tomorrow, in the Wellington area... The price she wants to spend is about $1200. I know of the scooter place in J'Ville, but they are only open till 1pm! Also, is this a realistic price for an entry level, reliable scooter?

Thanks
Dave.You have a friend?!

Try TSS in the Hutt. And I remember a Scooter shop a few doors up the road too.

James Deuce
21st February 2005, 12:55
Scooter shop in Abel Smith St too.

StoneChucker
21st February 2005, 12:57
Also, can someone give me a list of what to look for when buying scooters? Like, tell tale signs of a good or bad buy... Thanks heaps.

Coyote
21st February 2005, 13:14
You have a friend?!

Try TSS in the Hutt. And I remember a Scooter shop a few doors up the road too.
They're 1600 though

marty
21st February 2005, 14:44
how bout this one/....

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=8861

marty
21st February 2005, 14:44
oop- just checked the price.

Skunk
21st February 2005, 15:42
They're 1600 thoughNever been there... just saw it in passing. I guessed they would have s/hd. Maybe not. Be fun to send Stonechunker all over the place looking anyway eh? :lol:

StoneChucker
21st February 2005, 16:06
Never been there... just saw it in passing. I guessed they would have s/hd. Maybe not. Be fun to send Stonechunker all over the place looking anyway eh? :lol:
It's not me thats looking, I'm just the middleman :shake:

bungbung
22nd February 2005, 07:48
I looked at the sccoter shops $1600 specials. They are nasty chinese 4 strokes with no power whatsoever. Look in the t & e for a 2nd hand fella from a brand you've heard of.

The guy who runs Scootour in Wellington uses a fleet of PGO Comets or Meteors. They get a hammering from students and go pretty good. You can derestrict them for some more goodness too. I think they would be pretty cheap once used.

StoneChucker
22nd February 2005, 09:31
I mentioned Scootour to her, and the second hand possibilities. I think by now the purchase has been made, whatever it was I won't know till later today.

Dave.

Cajun
22nd February 2005, 10:12
I mentioned Scootour to her, and the second hand possibilities. I think by now the purchase has been made, whatever it was I won't know till later today.

Dave.

Dave you looked at the ones the warehouse are selling new for $1200???

StoneChucker
24th February 2005, 22:55
Thanks all. Ended up getting the Sym 50, from Sawyers. Nice in burgundy. Anyone ever tried riding one of these (any 50cc scooter) up Wgtn's steepest hills? Will it cope?

(Or does it need a full titanium akrapovic system, PC3 and velocity stacks?)

White trash
25th February 2005, 09:32
Ummmm if you've bought the fucken thing, it's probably a bit late to ask if it'll climb the hills.

It also depends on who's riding it, big guy!

NC
25th February 2005, 09:41
Get a street magic

StoneChucker
25th February 2005, 11:46
Ummmm if you've bought the fucken thing, it's probably a bit late to ask if it'll climb the hills.

It also depends on who's riding it, big guy!
ALL I was asking WT, was if it would cope. If not, there are plenty of alternative routes to hilly areas.
:shake:

(and no, I wasn't thinking of using it for the Gladstone Hill Climb...)

Dave.

White trash
25th February 2005, 15:19
there are plenty of alternative routes to hilly areas.
:shake:

Yeah. One way or another, you've got to go uphill.