PDA

View Full Version : 8 Foot Sativa's new video - Sleepwalkers

Gwinch
24th January 2009, 10:55
Good to see that they've come so far from their first album despite all that's happened within the band.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckTREYChBMQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckTREYChBMQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Warning: Not vegetarian friendly! Gratuitous butchering of four legged mammals contained within.

p.s shameless plug for the Metalheads social group - http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=54

Headbanger
24th January 2009, 11:10
I dig it.

Great NZ metal.

Video makes me want to BBQ.

James Deuce
24th January 2009, 11:47
That ain't 8 Foot Sativa, it's a bunch of different blokes who stole the name.

It's good but derivative. I've heard that opening riff a million times, hell I've played that opening riff a million times.

Headbanger
24th January 2009, 12:10
That ain't 8 Foot Sativa, it's a bunch of different blokes who stole the name.

It's good but derivative. I've heard that opening riff a million times, hell I've played that opening riff a million times.

Blokes who stole the name?

What happened there then?

James Deuce
24th January 2009, 13:14
Blokes who stole the name?

What happened there then?
EFS has had more line up changes than Iron Maiden.

Weaver
24th January 2009, 13:58
Yeah the first two albums were awesome, but the newer stuff is just a bit to screamy. Can't hear a word the guys singing apart from "sleepwalkers" every now and then.

Cool video though.

rachprice
24th January 2009, 14:06
They sure have had a wide mix of band members!
The vocalists sound similar though my favourite was Justin Niessen

Weaver
24th January 2009, 16:25
The vocalists sound similar though my favourite was Justin Niessen

The Jackhammer had far clearer vocals than the guy they have at the moment.

gatch
25th January 2009, 14:58
I dont think they should be called 8 ft anymore, only 1 OG member, thats a little shaky, 3 vocalists etc..

still, not a bad song thoough..

"hate made me" is still the champ i reckon

Gubb
25th January 2009, 18:12
I dont think they should be called 8 ft anymore, only 1 OG member, thats a little shaky, 3 vocalists etc..

still, not a bad song thoough..

"hate made me" is still the champ i reckon

Bands evolve, often into ones with no original members of the band left.

James Deuce
25th January 2009, 18:28
Bands evolve, often into ones with no original members of the band left.
Not to this extent. This just goes to show how poorly the original legal entity of EFS was created and maintained.

Lias
25th January 2009, 18:43
Meh I'll see how the go live when they play work in a few weeks.

Gubb
25th January 2009, 19:45
Not to this extent. This just goes to show how poorly the original legal entity of EFS was created and maintained.

Agreed, Sepultura is nothing of what it once was, then again, they may have actually split up. I don't care about 'em anymore anyway.

wbks
25th January 2009, 21:55
Yeah the first two albums were awesome, but the newer stuff is just a bit to screamy. Can't hear a word the guys singing apart from "sleepwalkers" every now and then.Their first two albums was badly recorded crap that to be honest, amases me that they got their name out there with that. Apart from chelsea smile. Hate made me is good, but most of their new songs are winners for me.

Lias
26th January 2009, 11:26
Agreed, Sepultura is nothing of what it once was, then again, they may have actually split up. I don't care about 'em anymore anyway.

Sepultura has been shit ever since the Cavalera's left

gatch
26th January 2009, 15:34
Their first two albums was badly recorded crap that to be honest, amases me that they got their name out there with that. Apart from chelsea smile. Hate made me is good, but most of their new songs are winners for me.

i think the (for want of a better word) roughness is part of what made them awesome, not poked and fiddled with by poo (bob rock-esque) producers to fit a model so they sell albums, just angry metal beats.

love it

wbks
26th January 2009, 16:44
Well it was the fact that a lot of the good riffs in the cd's were drowned out by other songs that mainly made me say that. The main reason I disliked them were because the guy had less of a metal voice and more of an "I'll yell everything extra loud and hope my voice sounds manly", where as Poison Of Ages he has a perfect metal voice and has quite a range of pitch. The guitarist is way better in POA as well. But that's just my opinion and the early albums from the newer stuff is a HUGE change in style so I can see why a lot of people prefer one group of songs they made and hate the other.