PDA

View Full Version : Big leathers?

kiwi cowboy
25th January 2009, 19:54
Ok first off sorry to put this in two places but figger it might get a result here cos seams there are a few middle aged fellas in classic racing that have a little middle age spread :girlfight:.
Anyway im after a set of cheep leathers that fit a 6' 1" 52 inch chest and 52 inch beer pot:oi-grr:so if anyone knows anyone out there with an old set that they dont want pm me please.
cheers

McDuck
25th January 2009, 19:59
Ok first off sorry to put this in two places but figger it might get a result here cos seams there are a few middle aged fellas in classic racing that have a little middle age spread :girlfight:.
Anyway im after a set of cheep leathers that fit a 6' 1" 52 inch chest and 52 inch beer pot:oi-grr:so if anyone knows anyone out there with an old set that they dont want pm me please.
cheers

What do you call cheep? Next question is, is your skin worth that little?

kiwi cowboy
25th January 2009, 22:59
What do you call cheep? Next question is, is your skin worth that little?

My skin is worth plenty thankyou:Pokey: but i cant afford 2000+ for a new set to fit and thought theres got to be leathers out there that arent needed anymore that are still good and would fit a larger fella:

markc
26th January 2009, 05:01
Hi,

I tried for months on Trademe etc trying to find a set of leathers in a tall/slim sized, but had no luck.

I finally found a company called Leda Leathers in Wellington.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~integra/leda_05/pages/home.htm

He did a custom set for me for $1100 (if I remember correctly). This was about 3 years ago.

He made a 'trial' set from a nylon material using the measurements I gave him (see the form on his web site).

It wasn't quite the right size in a couple of places, so I took a few pics and sent them back to him.

The leathers arrived shortly afterwards a perfect fit.

By the way, if you're in Auckland you could try Motorcycle Safety Ware (09) 309 9522 in St Kevins Arcade, K Rd.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Mark

Peter Smith
30th January 2009, 10:28
I bought a brand new 1 piece set of racing leather on trademe in Oct 08 for less than $600. It had CE body armour knee sliders etc. Here is the guys email address, rick@lifestyle-imports.co.nz
Good luck