PDA

View Full Version : Hiya, and loads of questions

Tootall
26th January 2009, 03:49
Hiya,

I'm an english bloke, living in france and thinking of moving to NZ. Got loads of questions about the place , mainly to do with the bike scene!

At the mo I'm racing in the national french championship (SS600) and I'd want to get into racing as soon as I moved down. I've watched a few of your races on Speedboxtv but would like some feedback from the guys involved. Whats the level like? Budget? Do you get much track time? Are there many trackdays?

On a more general note, from the look of things on the web the Northland area's got the best weather, is that right? Whats employment like? I spent years in the UK working in the bike trade (parts and accessories sales) and would like to get back into that while setting myself up with my own business, I sell trackday and race parts at the mo.

Anyway, that'll do for a start!

Cheers

Korumba
26th January 2009, 05:42
Hi Tootall, welcome, I am currently next door to you in Switzerland, but back in NZ late march, I have lived in Northland, Whangarei 160 km north of Auckland there is not much opportunity for setting up a bike parts store there, (maybe mail-order would be ok )

I would suggest Auckland as a place for your business, population wise especially if you are going to sell retail. And the race tracks are all below it.

Come on over you wont regret it… mind you saying that I was in Paris two weeks ago and had a blast.

fredie
26th January 2009, 06:04
http://www.trackspot.co.nz/ :headbang:

Blatman
14th March 2009, 22:08
You're living in France? How about we do a swap - my house, job, bike and girlfriend for yours? Ah....maybe not the bike. Please post photo of your girlfriend ;-)

cowpoos
14th March 2009, 22:17
Hiya,

I'm an english bloke, living in france and thinking of moving to NZ. Got loads of questions about the place , mainly to do with the bike scene!

At the mo I'm racing in the national french championship (SS600) and I'd want to get into racing as soon as I moved down. I've watched a few of your races on Speedboxtv but would like some feedback from the guys involved. Whats the level like? Budget? Do you get much track time? Are there many trackdays?

On a more general note, from the look of things on the web the Northland area's got the best weather, is that right? Whats employment like? I spent years in the UK working in the bike trade (parts and accessories sales) and would like to get back into that while setting myself up with my own business, I sell trackday and race parts at the mo.

Anyway, that'll do for a start!

Cheers
its surprisingly compeditive....very surprisingly...all the english/euro guys in NZ can't believe how cheap it is to race here...and there is almost a trackday every fortnight in the north Island...and test days every week at atleast one if not more of the tracks here...and thats cheap too. A top level supersport bike will cost ya 11000 pounds tops to build including the cost of the bike.

and getting a licence is easy...$40 nz to join a club then $125 nz to get a race licence..and thats it... :)

see you soon will we?