PDA

View Full Version : Big bikes make you want small bikes

MentalFacility
26th January 2009, 12:21
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my blade, but she is way too much for the road at times. Although when I had my 250 for 2 years, I hated it almost all the time, but now, I would gladly go for a ride on one of those.

Anyone else gets this feeling after riding big bikes for 10 000km+?

Bloody hell, I think now I'm keen for some fun on a bloody scooter!

yod
26th January 2009, 12:23
...and vice versa i reckon

small bikes make you want more power

big bikes make you appreciate the fun of a wee 'un

musicman
26th January 2009, 12:36
small bikes make you want more power

big bikes make you appreciate the fun of a wee 'un

That's where one of these (http://www.ktm.com/Bike-Spec.6395.0.html) come in.

Blackshear
26th January 2009, 12:41

Jesus Christ. Service intervals? :bye:

DarkLord
26th January 2009, 12:44
I haven't spent much time riding bigger bikes but I can relate. It is the curse of humanity - we are continually desiring what we do not have and are dissatisfied with what we do have. Only once we learn to be satisfied with what we currently have will be ever be truly satisfied with something new.

Monty69
26th January 2009, 12:46
Ive only jst sold my 6th 250 sport bike. 7 years of 250s and always grinning ear to ear. im 23 now so i feel obliged to get more cc, but i dont think more power = more fun. Its huge fun riding a wee bike to its limit rather than a big bike at 70%

Ixion
26th January 2009, 12:49

Oh my goodness. I think I must go and have a wee lie down.

YAMASAKI
26th January 2009, 12:55
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my blade, but she is way too much for the road at times. Although when I had my 250 for 2 years, I hated it almost all the time, but now, I would gladly go for a ride on one of those.

Have a play on a motard... 500cc + 115kg = one hell of a fun ride.
Go on, you know you want to :D

Trudes
26th January 2009, 13:00
I can agree with that. I think that's one of the reasons I enjoy bucket racing so much because the engines and bikes themselves are small and light which makes them fun to ride and easy to chuck about (not that I personally do a lot of "chucking"). There are definitely times when I'm out riding the Hornet that I think "this is all too much, I really don't need all this power" until I come to a hill or up behind a line of cars and can pass the whole lot in one foul swoop without having to change down gears!!:banana:

MentalFacility
26th January 2009, 13:06

nah. they are awesome, but they would have the same trouble that my big bike has. Too much power.

Im keen for something slow and noisy now=)

phoenixgtr
26th January 2009, 13:12
I know what you're saying. Mine's only a 600 but it's big and heavy. I'd love to have a 2 stroke 250 or something to thrash around on my weekly rides and the bigger bike for the distances. Unfortunately though, I can't afford 2 bikes...doh!

BMWST?
26th January 2009, 13:19
trouble is once you have had a big bike,you will always miss the effortless accelleration....always.Even after so many years i strill think....shit i couldve passed easily there on my Yamhosubmw(4)

Richard Mc F
26th January 2009, 13:21
nah. they are awesome, but they would have the same trouble that my big bike has. Too much power.

Come and see mee, I have something for you to ride:scooter: with noise:woohoo:

MentalFacility
26th January 2009, 13:24
Come and see mee, I have something for you to ride:scooter: with noise:woohoo:

will do.

Offtopic, hows ur duc by the way?

Eurodave
26th January 2009, 13:29
I haven't spent much time riding bigger bikes but I can relate. It is the curse of humanity - we are continually desiring what we do not have and are dissatisfied with what we do have. Only once we learn to be satisfied with what we currently have will be ever be truly satisfied with something new.

Or as Sheryl Crowe once sang: "Its not getting what you want, but wanting what youve got" :2thumbsup

R6_kid
26th January 2009, 13:32
I enjoyed riding a ZXR250 after riding my R6 for over a year, it was a nice change of pace and you feel much more 'in control'.

Somewhat similarly im now wanting a 600 after having my thou for nearly a year.

Hitcher
26th January 2009, 14:16
Since becoming a two-bike dude a couple of weeks ago, now when I get on the FJR my first thoughts are along the lines of "Omigod, where did all of this come from?" and, on returning to the Shiver "Goodness me, where did all of that stuff go?"

After the initial surprise, I find I adapt well to each.

AllanB
26th January 2009, 14:54
Yep on paper in New Zealand the 600cc class should be a huge seller.

The hyper sports 600’s make more power than the naked big bores, are still silly fast and weigh as little as a high school girl in a white blouse, tartan mini and bobby socks.
The 600 ‘standards’ are powerful enough to cope will all conditions, light, economical and handle sweet.

As for the cruisers – bigger, bigger and bigger is the norm!

Yet it’s big bore city in NZ (said he with a 900).

I seriously looked at the SV650 but the extra punch from the 900 definitely won me over.

Crazy Steve
26th January 2009, 14:56

You already have it..

Crazy Steve.

AD345
26th January 2009, 15:08
Big bikes make me want............big bikes

I've had a fairly steady upward progression from 250 to 750 to 1000 to the current 1640 - and I look enviously at the 1740.

The super large bikes such as the Rocket III seem a tad OTT at the moment....

.......but one day perhaps

Blackshear
26th January 2009, 15:12
Big bikes make me want............big bikes

I've had a fairly steady upward progression from 250 to 750 to 1000 to the current 1640 - and I look enviously at the 1740.

The super large bikes such as the Rocket III seem a tad OTT at the moment....

.......but one day perhaps

You know you want that hill demolisher...

;)

AD345
26th January 2009, 15:22
You know you want that hill demolisher...

;)

I was looking at the Honda Rune on trademe last night....

holy gawd - its the stretch limo of bikes

Blackshear
26th January 2009, 15:33
I was looking at the Honda Rune on trademe last night....

holy gawd - its the stretch limo of bikes

Jesus.
Oh uh, Cadillac rang before, they wanted their body shape back.

So shiny :drool:

Nagash
26th January 2009, 15:34
One time only offer!

Currently in my possession I have a slow and noisy (due to a hole in the exhaust pipe) 250cc motorbike.

Willing to trade it for a bigger bike for anyone wanting to feel the the enjoyment and excitement? (I guess?) of a 250.

Any takers?

Blackshear
26th January 2009, 15:46
One time only offer!

Currently in my possession I have a slow and noisy (due to a hole in the exhaust pipe) 250cc motorbike.

Willing to trade it for a bigger bike for anyone wanting to feel the the enjoyment and excitement? (I guess?) of a 250.

Any takers?

Your exhaust pipe has a hole too?! WELL I NEVER! :innocent:

Swoop
26th January 2009, 16:05
...one foul swoop...
You callin' me a chicken-shit???:argue:

Sharry
26th January 2009, 16:05

sooooo.............. do ya wanna swap bikes:msn-wink:

FruitLooPs
26th January 2009, 16:41
I can still get a bigger smile riding my RG150 up the port hills vs. my gsxr750. I feel quite a lot more in control hiffing it about vs firing along :shit:

The outcome of this is I'd say I'm quicker on the RG150 in twisties than the older gsxr. Still road trips or just to feel the acceleration I cant fault the gixxer :drool:

chester
26th January 2009, 16:46
try one of these: http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/triumph-street-triple.htm :niceone:

MentalFacility
26th January 2009, 17:06
sooooo.............. do ya wanna swap bikes:msn-wink:

Can u have your photo first? Thank u

Sharry
26th January 2009, 17:08
My bike is pertier than I. She is on my avitar and profile.

MentalFacility
26th January 2009, 17:13
My bike is pertier than I. She is on my avitar and profile.

Is it because your bike is naked?=)

Blackshear
26th January 2009, 17:14
If anyone here has a Buell 1125(c)r, do not hesitate to contact me :thumbsup:

Sharry
26th January 2009, 17:15
I must say she looks better naked than I :yes:

AllanB
26th January 2009, 17:24
If anyone here has a Buell 1125(c)r, do not hesitate to contact me :thumbsup:

They have side boobs!!!!!

MentalFacility
26th January 2009, 17:24

Also tell me then, which one of you is younger and who is heavier? =))

AllanB
26th January 2009, 17:25

Its only fair that you post pictures of both of you and start a KB poll :innocent:

Blackshear
26th January 2009, 17:30
They have side boobs!!!!!

OH YOU!
I like them, actually. Sure their SHOULDERS are a little big, but I'm sure the power would more than make up for it.
3x more power and 4x more torque than my 250, and the same weight. All in a big V-twin, ohhhh yeeeaaah.

MDR2
26th January 2009, 17:37

wheres the buy now button?

Sharry
26th January 2009, 17:38
Also tell me then, which one of you is younger and who is heavier? =))

fotunatly she is the heaviest :yes:
and unfortunatly she is the youngest by far:(

Sharry
26th January 2009, 17:43
Its only fair that you post pictures of both of you and start a KB poll :innocent:

You would like that wouldn't you now, I can't upstage my bike like that :cool:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
26th January 2009, 20:18
I have a 1200 CC and today I thought - it's a waste having all this power and I am not allowed to use it and trying to keep to the speed limit. Having recently got a speeding ticket and conscious of not trying to collect a few more. But as has been said - I love having the power there - overtaking etc without changing gears - and it is great when I go touring/camping. However I know a 600 would also do the job but no can do for a long while. I do love my present bike tho.

gijoe1313
26th January 2009, 22:56

Oh my goodness. I think I must go and have a wee lie down.

Gah.

Thud.

Move over Ixion, I need to have wee lie down as well ... :drool:

gijoe1313
26th January 2009, 23:02
Oh yeah, I have that feeling all the time, I love my lil'ol'hornet and still ride it plenty. Big Ol'Hornet is fun, but I still get a bigger grin from his little brother!

Daisy, the RZ250 always gets plenty of grin from me, her bigger sister Betsy (RZ350) is grin-making as well!

But then ... when it comes to Pippi, the sheer delight of the A100 brings me that old-school feeling :love:

I love being able to get the whole range of feeling! From small to big and back again! :love:

Which reminds me, I need to get on with the maintenance! :o

Lucy
26th January 2009, 23:57

Yep, I agree. I think I need to do a track day on my bigger bike, so I can trust it in the twisties. I love the extra power for long trips on straightish roads, but am too scared to throw myself around the twisties like I used to on my GN.

I'm now looking at getting a 250cc or similar off road bike so I can do trail rides, so I'll get the fun of having both....finding one with a seat height that lets me touch the ground (or indeed, mount in the first place) is the problem though.

Must get that lotto ticket.

Hitcher
27th January 2009, 07:47
Move over Ixion, I need to have wee lie down as well ...

You realise this is how nasty rumours start.