PDA

View Full Version : Shorts & tshirts are bad, okayyyyy

Finn
27th January 2009, 09:53
Sunday morning, nice and warm. Was in shorts & t as was the girl. Decided to ride up the road for breakfast. Ah, such freedom - just like walking around the house naked. After that we decided to go on a sedate little ride to visit some friends.

The Harley was purring along the southern at 95 and we were working on our tan. Past a cop on the side of the motorway who immediately went to warp factor 10, pulled along side us as gave me the kind of glare my mother used to when I had done something wrong. On goes the lights so I raised my hand palm up gesturing "Why?" and continued on just a little bit to put him off guard.

This will be good I said to myself. There's nothing better than being pulled over when you've done nothing outside the law. After we got through the formalities and he was comfortable that I wasn't drug running he thought he would turn his attention to our lack of safety gear. His attempt at a lecture was met with a smirk and chuckles (the through the nose type). This broke out to a laugh when he said he wasn't going to give me a ticket. A "what for" wasn't required because he knew the answer.

mowgli
27th January 2009, 10:02
Priceless! Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

Cover up next time, eh. Didn't you know you could be terribly hurt if you fall off?

p/t

Big Dave
27th January 2009, 10:07
I've seen your legs in shorts.

You are just lucky he wasn't a good taste cop. We'd be posting bail.

Finn
27th January 2009, 10:14
I've seen your legs in shorts.

You are just lucky he wasn't a good taste cop. We'd be posting bail.

Mate, with the young Brazilian lass on the back, I don't think my legs where getting any attention at all.

007XX
27th January 2009, 10:42
Mate, with the young Brazilian lass on the back, I don't think my legs where getting any attention at all.

Man, that pair of shorts must have been tight if you could tell at a glance that she was Brazillian...:shifty:

Pics or it didn't happen!!!:jerry::jerry:

Finn
27th January 2009, 10:48
Man, that pair of shorts must have been tight if you could tell at a glance that she was Brazillian...:shifty:

Pics or it didn't happen!!!:jerry::jerry:

Let's just say she represents her country well.

Quasievil
27th January 2009, 10:56
Im guessing the shorts where Lycra ? and he was thinking about charging you with offensive behaviour or something.

Badjelly
27th January 2009, 11:29
Burn yourself!

Finn
27th January 2009, 11:32
Burn yourself!

No chance. We were wearing sunblock.

dangerous
27th January 2009, 11:49
As far as Im concerned those that wear shorts etc on bikes are brain deaders, FUCK sakes if you have seen what I have ie: a girl that was draged under a car from her bike wearing shorts and bkini top... there was no blood just white meat breasts were gone. she lived but never recovered mentaly.

The bigest thing that pisses me off with the thoughtless idiots that wear shorts etc My and other compertant riders ACC levies and REGO keeps going up and up no thanks to all the skin graphs etc spent on selfish riders.

Shame on you lot that dont dress correct you have no idea what you are dealing with, Yowling/stanko learnt that last month when he fell of in his drive on a 150 and spent 3 painfull nights in hospital.

HenryDorsetCase
27th January 2009, 11:51
I saw a winner this morning in jandals. First one in a while. Usually its shorts, t shirts and sandals.

Tank
27th January 2009, 11:56
I saw a winner this morning in jandals. First one in a while. Usually its shorts, t shirts and sandals.

I see your squid and raise you ...

I saw a kid in Torbay over the weekend riding a R1 wearing bare feet.

Finn
27th January 2009, 11:57
As far as Im concerned those that wear shorts etc on bikes are brain deaders, FUCK sakes if you have seen what I have ie: a girl that was draged under a car from her bike wearing shorts and bkini top... there was no blood just white meat breasts were gone. she lived but never recovered mentaly.

The bigest thing that pisses me off with the thoughtless idiots that wear shorts etc My and other compertant riders ACC levies and REGO keeps going up and up no thanks to all the skin graphs etc spent on selfish riders.

Shame on you lot that dont dress correct you have no idea what you are dealing with, Yowling/stanko learnt that last month when he fell of in his drive on a 150 and spent 3 painfull nights in hospital.

How about all the tax dollars it cost hard working New Zealanders to put you through school and for what? Dangermouse, there's at least 8 spelling mistakes in your reply.

Str8 Jacket
27th January 2009, 11:59
How about all the tax dollars it cost hard working New Zealanders to put you through school and for what? Dangermouse, there's at least 8 spelling mistakes in your reply.

I blame Aussie...... If he were schooled in NZ then there would be alot more that 8 spelling mistakes, but it would be OK cause "he gave it a go"....

Lufs ya DD

dangerous
27th January 2009, 12:33

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHA... got ya, I waged 90% so it cost bugger all tax payers dollars

anyway only 8 spelling mistakes? thats not to bloody shaby for me. :apint:

Big Dave
27th January 2009, 12:36
Im guessing the shorts where Lycra ? and he was thinking about charging you with offensive behaviour or something.

Crimes under the style act

Pussy
27th January 2009, 14:27
Haven't read all of the thread.... but is the guts of it that Finn has a Brazillian?....

Swoop
27th January 2009, 14:35
Haven't read all of the thread.... but is the guts of it that Finn has a Brazillian?....

You are quite correct. That and the fact that shorts are a fashion statement that should be worn all year long.

Big Dave
27th January 2009, 14:37
It's more than a Trillion.

Finn
27th January 2009, 14:58

No. I have lots of hair, just in all the wrong places.

Kickaha
27th January 2009, 15:08

We've heard this bullshit from several people, now does anyone have any facts to prove that riders not wearing protective gear are in fact responsible for the rise in ACC levies or is it urban myth?

I'd suggest that people crashing in inappropriate gear make up a very small percentage of accidents although the cost of their injuries "may" be higher

Yowling/stanko learnt that last month when he fell of in his drive on a 150 and spent 3 painfull nights in hospital.

So it's his fault our rego went up, let's burn him

HenryDorsetCase
27th January 2009, 15:11

and walks like an Egyptian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWP-AsG5DRk). (hey, it rhymes...)

Pussy
27th January 2009, 15:15
... Finn has a Brazillian, oh whey oh...

I see what you mean :cool:

slofox
27th January 2009, 15:15

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=91024

MadDuck
27th January 2009, 15:17

How does one "wear" bare feet :)

imdying
27th January 2009, 15:21
We've heard this bullshit from several people, now does anyone have any facts to prove that riders not wearing protective gear are in fact responsible for the rise in ACC levies or is it urban myth?Given that it's easy to go from hurt pride to stay in hospital by binning when not wearing 'the gear', regardless of whether he has hard facts or not, it's not really much of a stretch of the imagination to reach that conclusion is it.

yungatart
27th January 2009, 15:31

More to the point, how does one ride an R1 wearing feet...and where do they go?
Surely it would go better if it had tyres?

Finn
27th January 2009, 15:39
I would never ride bare feet. It's just too hard changing gear, especially on a Harley.

slofox
27th January 2009, 15:40

If you fall off your bike with feet bare there is a good chance that they will "wear"......probably down to the bone...

dangerous
27th January 2009, 15:42
We've heard this bullshit from several people, now does anyone have any facts to prove that riders not wearing protective gear are in fact responsible for the rise in ACC levies or is it urban myth?

I'd suggest that people crashing in inappropriate gear make up a very small percentage of accidents although the cost of their injuries "may" be higher

bullshit huh?
I never said anywere in my post acc etc going up is SOLEY as you seem to sugest from under cloathed riders... but if you think the upcomming price rises (its going to hit hard, info comes from someone I recently spent a week with) have nothing to do with bike crashing then you need to sit down and have a think.

All riders need to look at them selves and their habbits (including me) from cutting corners to dress code.

Answer me this A 0r B
when you see a rider racing along at over 50kph iin shorts and T, do you think...
A idiot
B thats so cool

Finn
27th January 2009, 15:45
Answer me this A 0r B
when you see a rider racing along at over 50kph iin shorts and T, do you think...
A idiot
B thats so cool

B. Definitely, because I'm all for the freedom of choice.

However, funny you should bring this up. While I was riding half naked, I saw some dude on a GSXR1000 in a one piece race suit doing the speed limit and thought "What a cock".

Kickaha
27th January 2009, 15:55
I would never ride bare feet. It's just too hard changing gear, especially on a Harley.

I know a guy who can hook you up with a push button pneumatic gearchange that'll take care of that

bullshit huh?
I never said anywere in my post acc etc going up is SOLEY as you seem to sugest from under cloathed riders... but if you think the upcomming price rises (its going to hit hard, info comes from someone I recently spent a week with) have nothing to do with bike crashing then you need to sit down and have a think.

I said nothing about "soley" and that's not what I was suggesting but your comprehension is about as good as your spelling

What I am suggesting is that crashes from riders wearing very litle gear doesn't have the impact on ACC levies that some people would like to think and I would suggest single bike accidents from squids wearing full gear would be resposible for more of the increase than people wearing bugger all

I doubt any statistics are collected on what gear motorcyclists are wearing when they crash is collected so I doubt it can be proven either way

dangerous
27th January 2009, 15:57
B. Definitely, because I'm all for the .freedom of choice

However, funny you should bring this up. While I was riding half naked, I saw some dude on a GSXR1000 in a one piece race suit doing the speed limit and thought "What a cock". Dorklander mate... probley on his way to a coffee joint, and... proberly thought he was riding the tits of it lol.

'freedom of choice' is great but that can lead to the expence of others.

What I am suggesting is that crashes from riders wearing very litle gear doesn't have the impact on ACC levies that some people would like to think and I would suggest single bike accidents from squids wearing full gear would be resposible for more of the increase than people wearing bugger all
I agree... all i was doing was pointing out 'part' of the problem hell ya gota start somewere, last week I was cranking up the straight liners this week clothing or there part lack of...

Shit mate I dont need to tell you the mess skin and ground can make, I just dont get it why people think they are so immortal and that such an acco is painless.

Forest
27th January 2009, 15:59
More to the point, how does one ride an R1 wearing feet...and where do they go?
Surely it would go better if it had tyres?

It looks just like this bike, except with a bigger engine.

SARGE
27th January 2009, 16:01

Harleys have GEARS?

is one of them for the Lawmower attachment?

scumdog
27th January 2009, 16:10
CB and I were in Christchurch area over the weekend, man, did we ever see stuff that would have the KB safety police foaming at the mouth.....jandals, shorts, moccasins, sheilas in tank-tops and skimp shorts, shirt-tails a-flappin' - you name it, we sawit.

Musta been the 35degree+ heat..

Badjelly
27th January 2009, 16:13
You realise this thread is all your fault, don't you Finn?

Badjelly
27th January 2009, 16:14
shirt-tails a-flappin'

:gob: :gob: :gob:

AllanB
27th January 2009, 16:31
CB and I were in Christchurch area over the weekend, man, did we ever see stuff that would have the KB safety police foaming at the mouth.....jandals, shorts, moccasins, sheilas in tank-tops and skimp shorts, shirt-tails a-flappin' - you name it, we sawit.

Musta been the 35degree+ heat..

Ha - I was out in that in full leathers - I suspect I lost a kilo in body fluids!

Shirt Tails Flapping are OK - its the Shirt-lifters you need to be weary of.

The scooter chicks wear very little around Christchurch. I saw one fall off a month or so ago (too much front brake on a damp white line), she killed a pair of high heels, stockings, the arse of her mini skirt, palms and elbows. As I helped collect the bits of plastic and shoes, she swore she'd never ride a dangerous bike again........

MSTRS
27th January 2009, 16:33
Now, I've never met Finn, but if reports are true...how does he find shorts that don't actually cover all the way to his feet?

Mikkel
27th January 2009, 17:18
Now, I've never met Finn, but if reports are true...how does he find shorts that don't actually cover all the way to his feet?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=70704

dangerous
27th January 2009, 17:19
and how does that make you feel considering you often have to wipe the mess up off the seal... and how that stupid behaviour can and will add to your bike rego costs?

she swore she'd never ride a dangerous bike again........
haha and the silly tart blamed the bike huh :mellow:

jrandom
27th January 2009, 17:55

Your bike works fine with jandals. You just gotta get the strap bit under the lever.

:yes:

AllanB
27th January 2009, 17:57
haha and the silly tart blamed the bike huh :mellow:

Yep - I'm sure she'll be telling all her friends how dangerous they are too. I didn't even bother commenting.

You can be assured she probably visited her doctor as well and made a ACC claim.

Personally I think when you make the decision to ride a motorcycle part of that is purchasing and wearing suitable gear. Even jeans are better than shorts or a skirt, and don't even start me on gloves.......:crazy:

How come Harley riders don't need gloves????????

dangerous
27th January 2009, 18:06
How come Harley riders don't need gloves????????
ohh they do... fingerless, and that is how they might just end up.. all for wankie image :beer:

MadDuck
27th January 2009, 18:10
Harleys have GEARS?

Nah Finn was just taking the piss....can't you tell :shutup:

ohh they do... fingerless, and that is how they might just end up.. all for wankie image :beer:

Need to have fingers available for picking of the nose and the bugs out of the teeth

kevfromcoro
27th January 2009, 18:20

Brazil brush..
BS..she comes from finland..
Finn,,,ish

Madness
27th January 2009, 18:32
Brazil brush..
BS..she comes from finland..
Finn,,,ish

I heard she's only got a tiny bit of Finnish in her. She's probably Mexican.

CB ARGH
27th January 2009, 18:42
Next time wear a skirt mate... scotsman style. :chase:

Taz
27th January 2009, 18:45
Why don't all these gear posts get merged together like the waving threads?? We could call it the "personal choice" thread.

My contribution - Wear what you like, when you like and ride how you like.

scumdog
27th January 2009, 21:39

Ah well, at least I've only got 9 finger-tips to worry about then....:innocent::shutup:

Finn
28th January 2009, 13:44
Harleys have GEARS?

Mate, this is a 21st century Harley. It even has 16 valves... 8 in the engine, 8 in the radio.

SARGE
28th January 2009, 14:46
I heard she's only got a tiny bit of Finnish in her. She's probably Mexican.

boy when finn lets her learn English shes gonna be PISSED!

Crazy Steve
28th January 2009, 15:32
B. Definitely, because I'm all for the freedom of choice.

However, funny you should bring this up. While I was riding half naked, I saw some dude on a GSXR1000 in a one piece race suit doing the speed limit and thought "What a cock".

Thats funny.....

Tell me more Finn....

Crazy Steve

Swoop
28th January 2009, 15:52
ohh they do... fingerless, and that is how they might just end up.. all for wankie image
Just like the "arse-less" trousers they wear? "Chaps", or something???

dangerous
28th January 2009, 16:48
Just like the "arse-less" trousers they wear? "Chaps", or something??? I KNOW... haha what the hell is with that... hey Finn do you wear that shit, like I mean with ya jocks on aye?

Finn
29th January 2009, 12:32
I KNOW... haha what the hell is with that... hey Finn do you wear that shit, like I mean with ya jocks on aye?

No but occasionally I'll show a bit of builders crack.