PDA

View Full Version : Racefit or yoshi tri oval?

dilz
27th January 2009, 16:48
had a whoopsy at the last trackday :doh: and thanks to kiwibike insurance is going to sort it (cheers dave!:niceone:)
now i have a decission to make,i had a yoshimura tri oval carbon muffler which i think suits it,but i can replace it with a racefit growler or racefit mega...so which do you think looks/sounds best out of these three?
thanks for your opinion on the subject.
peace!

dilz
27th January 2009, 17:15
bump...does no one care :crybaby: lol

also,its a long shot but...does any 1 in auckland or close by have any molds for a k4 1000 race fairing set?
cheers

Gremlin
27th January 2009, 17:54
Racefit growler... but then, I used to have one.

Be aware that they really are obnoxious on a whole new level, making just about anything else sound quiet, when you pull the baffle out.

Even baffle in, it was gorgeous, had a nice howl in the upper rev range.

Yoshi aren't too bad either, but like the mega, its a more full size pipe. I liked the small size of the growler, and you could feel the weight change in the handling (it only weights 825 grams, inc mid pipe). One of the most expensive slip ons tho.

dilz
27th January 2009, 19:00
cheers gremlin.
another question,when i brought this bike the guy told me it has been re-mapped for the yoshi but it doesnt have a power commander so is he full of shit?and do i run the risk of it running worse if i dont "re-map" it for the racefit?
cheers

Cajun
27th January 2009, 19:18
pm Billy on this site

He makes race fairings, in tauranga,he most likey has a mold for the k3/k4

regarding the maping of the ecu, suzuki can have the ecu remaped via the yoshi box (very basic maping of the stock ecu) or could have been maped by a teka tune (simlar to a pc3, but they reflash they stock ecu)

Regaring the pipe i would stick with the yoshi, the racefits are very loud.

flame
27th January 2009, 19:31
RACEFIT:woohoo:

yeahhhhhh.

Rodney007
27th January 2009, 19:35
Racefit pwns all!!!!!!!

dilz
27th January 2009, 19:46
o.k racefit fans...mega or growler and why??:2thumbsup

flame
27th January 2009, 19:52
Growler....coz its LOUD and gives a nice deep pitch, not whiney like some of the aftermarket gear, and its a tad obnoxious:whistle:. It looks great too, short and tidy. And for soft eared types (errrr...thats me on a long trip) it has a removable baffle to shove in there....if you must:msn-wink:.
...but the crackles....gota love the crackles

nodrog
27th January 2009, 20:03
i had the mega on my K6 gsxr thou, with a couple of other mods it dynoed at 163 at the wheel. its not as loud as the growler, but its still fuckin loud (it came delivered with earplugs), i prefered the short look titainium over the growler.

Cr1MiNaL
27th January 2009, 20:12
Go !!!!!! Racefit baby.... Be a mini Rossi on a Gixxer and the crouds will love you for it. Mine rocks.... literally !

Rodney007
27th January 2009, 20:12

well im sure we all know NOTHING is more mega than..... MEGA!!!!!!!

AllanB
27th January 2009, 20:13
That mega is kind of cool, but if it is that flipping loud I'd personally go Yoshi and consider looking after your hearing for when you want to be able to understand what your kids are saying!
Yoshi do make a very tidy pipe and well, Yoshi-Suzuki - its like bikini-boner.

flame
27th January 2009, 20:18
That mega is kind of cool, but if it is that flipping loud I'd personally go Yoshi and consider looking after your hearing for when you want to be able to understand what your kids are saying!

lucky I dont have kids:bleh::msn-wink:

jrandom
27th January 2009, 20:21
Racefit!

:D

The most obnoxious-sounding bike I ever rode was a K6 thou with a Racefit growler. It'd give you a hard-on just idling 20m away. Fucking beautiful. Just do it.

Rodney007
27th January 2009, 20:28
yeah but...... yoshi's do sound good on gixxerz,

i woulda thought racefits are more yama breed.

raj's r6 sounds like jesus on p

dilz
27th January 2009, 20:47
ahh the pressure!!:wacko:
i do seem to be heading towards the mega,its shape seems to modernise it to me a little,the growler sorta looks like a pipe with carbon wrapped around it....

decissions,decissions:confused:

The Stranger
27th January 2009, 21:17
Racefit FTW.

Gremlin
27th January 2009, 22:42
raj's r6 sounds like jesus on p
raj has my old growler, as the shop that traded the 10 preferred for me to put the akrapovic back on.

The Racefit gear is very nice, almost a work of art. I know that an outfit in East Auckland (Custom Chambers maybe?) inspected it, and said the Titanium welds were very good. Aircraft grade Titanium and Carbon Fibre... mmm I should find a pic... (this thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=70075) has the shots)

With baffle in, it sounded like any other reasonably loud pipe... take it out... fark. You basically ride a gear higher, as everyone is just looking in disbelief. Giggling in the helmet is almost involuntary. When it shoots flames, its a long blue flame. :love:

There was also an obvious difference in the dyno chart results when removing the baffle. Mate borrowed the bike for a few days, reckon it sounded wicked riding around without baffle... until he went home at midnight... then it dawned on him why I mostly left it in :devil2:

imdying
28th January 2009, 07:55
The Growler looks the coolest out of those...

These look better though http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product.php?printable=Y&productid=17543&cat=597&page=1