PDA

View Full Version : Rare opportunity on a rare beauty

SARGE
30th January 2009, 22:50
stopped into one of my newest clients this morning and was met by Karl, the sales manager at the new Moto Morini shop in Auckland.

"wanna check out the new Cosaro?"

"duh!"

i stepped into the showroom and a pretty hot naked Italian greeted me with her smooth lines and overabundance of PHOOOAR!!

"wanna take her for a ride?"

"really?.. uhh,...hell yea... but not today"

"come get it on Sunday morning and you can have it for the day" Karl offered

deal...

we walked out into the new workshop area , and sitting on a lift was the new Granpasso

double PHOOOAR!!

Karl asked if i wanted a go on that one instead

not for me thanks.. but i know someone who would love one..

i dialed the BigDave hotline and got an answer almost instantly

"yo Bigs.. cancel Sunday and grab your hat.. we got a job to do"

SARGE
31st January 2009, 08:05
not quite sure i like the exposed exhaust on the Corsaro though..looks a little backyard

Kendog
31st January 2009, 08:08
Damn I love the look of that bike.

toebug
31st January 2009, 08:13
One Corsaro for me thanks!!! Hmmmmmmmmmm

SARGE
31st January 2009, 08:16
i think BD and i will play swap-a-a bike most of the day.. will let you know what i think and in sure Dave will also

KiwiRat
31st January 2009, 17:53
Ready for your report lads.

Scouse
31st January 2009, 19:03
checked them out today even though they are not open yet one of the guys showed me around they were real good guys invited me to take the Corsaro for a ride next week I am seriously considering tradeing the Triple on a Veloce.

skidMark
31st January 2009, 19:37
not quite sure i like the exposed exhaust on the Corsaro though..looks a little backyard

Oh man, you're gunna be like a kid at christmas tonight then!

Good shit bro.

Mort
31st January 2009, 20:02
That Corsaro is the dogs bollocks - I'd love a go on that

wbks
1st February 2009, 11:42
Does anyone else think that looks like an improved, more powerfull, better looking stripple? I actually really like the pipe on the corsaro, makes it look more personal/custom and even racey, than the normal chrome/titanium pipes most have. The mufflers are a little big though, and it almost sounds like a dirtbike at low revs. Let us know how it goes

SARGE
1st February 2009, 15:17
well...just getting back..nice bikes .. will write up my impressions soon...

meanwhile.. some action shots of Big Dave and I on a couple hot Italians....

James Deuce
1st February 2009, 15:20
That's the best kind of report! Giant grins and cheese.

wbks
1st February 2009, 15:35
Hope you got a few pics (of the bikes)?

SARGE
1st February 2009, 15:43
Hope you got a few pics (of the bikes)?

BD has all the action shots on his camera.. he's the professional..

some really good ones too i hope

i only got a couple of the bikes..

MIXONE
1st February 2009, 15:50
Somewhere in NZ a little boy is sulking because he is so fucking jealous!!!!!!
(and not of the food)

SARGE
1st February 2009, 15:57
Somewhere in NZ a little boy is sulking because he is so fucking jealous!!!!!!
(and not of the food)

good food though.. plate of SpagBog, nice pizza.. ..beer and a diet coke..$30

Dean Martin playing in the background really topped it off nice..

seriously guys.. the Corsaro is a brilliant bike.. 1200CC VTwin.. bout 140 HP ( ish).. 100-180 kph in a top gear rollon in a heartbeat (front wheel was wanting to come up about 140)

Bren
1st February 2009, 16:01
well, how did the ride go...where did ya go?

SARGE
1st February 2009, 16:05
well, how did the ride go...where did ya go?

ride went well.. went down toward Papakura and Hunua area.. some brilliant roads out there (Thanks BD)

im gathering my thoughts right now (weeEEEET* KAFF* KAFF*) and i'll get something written down asap..waiting for Dave to get the pix together

Bren
1st February 2009, 16:09
lookin forward to it mate...:banana:

wbks
1st February 2009, 16:27
Well it sure looks nice. Is it anything like a duke handling/power wise or is it more of a tourer?

SARGE
1st February 2009, 16:31
Well it sure looks nice. Is it anything like a duke handling/power wise or is it more of a tourer?

Daves bike is more touring.. found my hands were getting a bit numb on the corsario.. for shizzle got the beans though.. handles very nice ( the Hero blobs are scuffed and they may want to have a look at the tires ) :innocent:

SARGE
2nd February 2009, 22:36
I like Italian..

food.. cars.. bikes.. 50's sex symbols ..

thats why i couldn't pass it up.. i stopped in to call on a new client (Alpha Motorcycles (http://www.alphamotorcycles.co.nz/) ) and was greeted by an old mate named Karl.

" hey Sarge"..

now the last time i saw Karl, he was swinging spanners in the CDB of Auckland and whizzing around on a 675 Triumph

now it seems he is one of the driving forces of the newe Moto Morini dealership on Newton Road in Auckland (rumor has it he is sleeping with his boss, but Phil wont confirm or deny)

anyhoooo...

Karl was showing me around the new digs and i noticed a bike underneath a cover on the lift..

' wazzat?" i asked..

he peeled back the sheet to reveal a brand new Moto Morini Corsaro in bright red

he threw me a set of keys and told me to go have a thrash but unfortunately i was working so i had to refuse..

" Come in Sunday and take it out"

deal

he showed me the new GranPasso and i immediately thought of the Big One and was on the phone in seconds..

Dave and I decided to make a day of it and take these 2 bikes for a shakedown. Dave on the Granpasso and myself on the Corsaro.

the day started out a bit on the moist side and our plans to run the Waitakerei ranges got put aside and we decided to rip up the route to Hunua falls.

as we left the CBD, it started to spit down a little bit but it wasnt too bad so i decided to see what the little stallion was capable of .. we broke out of traffic and i rolled into the right land and held at 100 in top gear (6 of them) then i rolled on the throttle ..

my helmet started going backwards and i looked down at the speedo..

180 in *snap*that long ..

man.. this little thing has some nuts ..and the airbox sound is akin to a wild animal that's been backed into a corner!

we exited to motorway and onto the B roads and my confidence with the Corsaro grew. i started using more of the tires at each corner as we left the civilized world behind and started finding some brilliant twisties... I let Dave take the lead because he knows the roads in the area and i was on someone elses $30k bike (not Stupid am I)

we punished the tires for about 45 minutes and BD waved over to the side and started unpacking his gear to get some shots( i needed a ciggy anyway)

a few snaps and a stretch and we were back on the bike hunting corners.

i gotta say.. the Corsaro is an impressive bit of kit.. heaps of grunt..very flickable and well finished. kind of an illegitimate bastard child of a Monster and a Speed Triple .. the best parts of both.

the Moto Morini 1200cc donk has plenty, and is used in nearly every model apparently, just with different tuning and gearing.

the Corsaro was very easy to ride, and being used to the post 1000cc inline 4's, i found the transition to the torquey V-Twin a bit of a learning curve, but once we got into the zone, i found myself steering with the throttle, with just a touch of trail braking to steer the backend.. once i sorted that out..the bike just seemed to want to go faster. i didnt bitch.

We stopped a few times to get some shots, as the weather tidied right up after midday. I jumped onto the Granpasso for a few K's , just to get the feel for it. I personally found it a touch on the tall side for me ( im 6'1) but Dave seemed to really enjoy it.

you can feel the difference in tuning and gearing between the 2 bikes almost instantly. after being on the red rocket it seemed a touch less powerful, but Dave remarked it was like his Buell with 30 extra HP. I will let him tell you about his experiences with the Granpasso.

if you want to have a look at these Italian beauties, snap into Alpha at 94 Newton Rd in the Auckland CDB and talk to Karl or Phil.

Laava
3rd February 2009, 06:55
well...just getting back..nice bikes .. will write up my impressions soon...

meanwhile.. some action shots of Big Dave and I on a couple hot Italians....
Now that's just sick! You guys are drooling all over the place!

nudemetalz
3rd February 2009, 21:33
Nice report, Sarge
Italians all the way !!
Now go try a Guzzi Griso 8V :)

SARGE
5th February 2009, 23:07
finally some pix! !

thanks BD!

portokiwi
6th February 2009, 06:41
:gob: WOW:gob:

Boob Johnson
6th February 2009, 17:07
Seriously guys.. the Corsaro is a brilliant bike.. 1200CC VTwin.. bout 140 HP ( ish).. 100-180 kph in a top gear rollon in a heartbeat (front wheel was wanting to come up about 140)
Yep spot on with the horses, 140BHP & 122nm or Torque :headbang:

Had a good blat on a mate of mines one recently, farkin stroppy mother alright :blink:

Hitcher
8th February 2009, 21:31
Hitcher likes naked Italians.

nudemetalz
8th February 2009, 22:02
Hitcher likes naked Italians.

Hope that's not "naked Italian men..." :nono:

Hitcher
8th February 2009, 22:30
Hope that's not "naked Italian men..."

Perhaps Hitcher is an equal opportunity perver...

TOTO
9th February 2009, 08:24
what is the price of the naker sporty looking bike (not sure what the name is) ?

Karl@Alpha
9th February 2009, 17:39
what is the price of the naker sporty looking bike (not sure what the name is) ?

The Corsaro is $24,995 but for another $3k you get a few more horses... Ohlins suspension and Termignoni exhaust. Which all makes for an even meaner beast, the Corsaro Veloce... going out at $27,995.
Full price list and info is available from Alpha, just give us a call or stop in.
09 373-3000, 94 Newton Road. Eden Terrace.

Sensei
9th February 2009, 18:41
What model Moto Morini has Ohlins , haven't seen or heard of any is it a new one out ??

pritch
9th February 2009, 19:51
Scott,

I just checked out Corsaro Veloce on Google, all references are to a Marzocchi/Sachs combination. It is 2009 now though so who knows...

Cool bike though.

ducatilover
10th February 2009, 14:04
great review sarge!

god amn shes a sexy bike! as you said like a monster crossed with a tripple.
but sexier.
you going to buy one?:devil2:

The Pastor
10th February 2009, 17:31
Yeah but reliabilty has got to be pretty damn shit aye

pritch
10th February 2009, 19:53
Yeah but reliabilty has got to be pretty damn shit aye

Based on what RM?

The Pastor
10th February 2009, 20:10
Based on what RM?
it being Italian?

Storm
10th February 2009, 20:53

Perhaps Hitcher needs not refer to himself in the third person?

Back to the bike- they look hot- I want one. Wheres the winning lotto ticket when you need it:drool:

Sensei
10th February 2009, 21:17
Don't see a great bike here myself . My 93 Ducati had the same brakes as on the 09 Borini budget forks & shock average looks , aleast they got some Hp out of the motor . But people buy them as have afew here to each their own .

pritch
11th February 2009, 19:50
it being Italian?

Good point. :devil2:

Karl@Alpha
19th February 2009, 14:33
Well it comes with a 3 year warranty and 2 years free servicing...
So Moto Morini are standing behind it.
The Grandpasso and the Veloce both have an Ohlins rear shock.

Sensei
19th February 2009, 15:36
I hear there is a recall on the Corsaro with a internal oil trouble Eg not get round the motor with seizing the end result ! Guy here has already done this & is waiting for his new replacemet Motor to turn up .

Renegade
20th February 2009, 13:24
it being Italian?

my monster has been flawless.

the corsaro really does look like a new monster tho, but as for the moto morini standing by their product for 3yr warranty and 2yr free service you cant beat that for peace of mind when outlaying that kind of dosh.

The Pastor
20th February 2009, 13:50
my monster has been flawless.

The corsaro really does look like a new monster tho, but as for the moto morini standing by their product for 3yr warranty and 2yr free service you cant beat that for peace of mind when outlaying that kind of dosh.
the monster is one of only a few italian bikes i haven't heard bad things about its electrics. But then again ive never really researched it either

Big Dave
21st February 2009, 12:08
Unedited part of KR report.

------->

And then there’s the Granpasso.

This vehicle up there with the BMW Meagamoto on the Big Dave ‘Most Desirable Motorcycles’ Shelf.

It’s quite a weird looking unit but it doesn’t care. Bulbous headlights in canisters on either side of a beak might not work on a lot of motorcycles, but the Mother of all Ohlins hanging off the back, Marzocchi upside down forks with 50mm stems and 190mm of wheel travel, the tasty Excel rims, serious bash plate, the Verlicchi high strength steel tubular trellis frame and the overall demeanor of the rest of the machine tell you that this is one is all about doing the business.

‘Enduro Veloce’ the factory calls it.

It tips the scales at 198kg dry and the detuned Bialbero CorsaCorta engine develops 86.5kw (118hp) @ 8,500rpm and 102 Nm (10.4 kg-m) of torque @ 6750 rpm. (How am I doing there, Ed?)

It gets along.

That monster Ohlins single shock, with separate tank is preload, spring height, rebound and compression adjustable. It offers 200mm wheel travel to the cast aluminium swingarm and it soaked up all of the test loop conditions admirably.

I left the Sarge on the seal and punted the Granpasso up some marble strewn side roads with great interest.

Even without properly tuning the three way adjustable front end it proved neat and tidy and rather easy to get the Metzler Tourance shod rear wheel lit up. The Front Tourance is a 110/80 ZR 19 and the rear is a 150/70 ZR 17 and they were sweet on the tarmac and ‘not-knobbies’ on the dirt roads.

I was just sweet on the bike to tell the truth. My only gripe was I found it pretty easy to stall after coming off the gas. Once aware it was OK if kept spooled up.

Apart from that everything worked exceptionally well. A dream to punt through the twisties, wheelies on demand, light, chuckable, very comfortable for a tall man (870mm saddle height) and with a full inventory of the names you’d want on any component wish list.

<-------

Lias
23rd February 2009, 08:50

I'd believe it.. I can just see you having a good gander at this hot italian bloke.

Hitcher
23rd February 2009, 14:06
I'd believe it.. I can just see you having a good gander at this hot italian bloke.

David in autumn...

vifferman
23rd February 2009, 14:15
David in autumn...
But which one is he/it? There are two in Firenze, y'know. :shifty: