PDA

View Full Version : Haldanes won't sell me the RC45!

Kiwi Graham
31st January 2009, 07:06
This is the second time this fukin stupid bike shop has done this :mad:

When I wanted the last model GSX 1400 I went along to do the trade and they said no !!!!! Reason...... we dont want a late large capacity bike as a trade in???

This time..... The RC45 is the one Troy had and the deal fell through so he returned it to the importers, I was given the heads up about it so contact was made.
" give us photos and details of your trade in" was the request.....duly done.
reply....."we are not willing to trade"........WTF!!!!!

I asked why not and the reply was they didnt want a high priced trade in against the 45????? (was going to trade the Harley)

Put it on trade me was there only response!!!! then come and buy it for cash!!!!!
Does this dealer want to sell/trade in motorcycles or just have a showroom full of ornaments!!

Incidently these pricks have stuck anothe $7k on the price of the 45 since Troy had it.......good luck with the sale guys, good to see your living up to your reputation of ripping off your fellow bikers.

Rant over.

The Stranger
31st January 2009, 07:08
This is the second time this fukin stupid bike shop has done this :mad:

When I wanted the last model GSX 1400 I went along to do the trade and they said no !!!!! Reason...... we dont want a late large capacity bike as a trade in???

This time..... The RC45 is the one Troy had and the deal fell through so he returned it to the importers, I was given the heads up about it so contact was made.
" give us photos and details of your trade in" was the request.....duly done.
reply....."we are not willing to trade"........WTF!!!!!

I asked why not and the reply was they didnt want a high priced trade in against the 45????? (was going to trade the Harley)

Put it on trade me was there only response!!!! then come and buy it for cash!!!!!
Does this dealer want to sell/trade in motorcycles or just have a showroom full of ornaments!!

Incidently these pricks have stuck anothe $7k on the price of the 45 since Troy had it.......good luck with the sale guys, good to see your living up to your reputation of ripping off your fellow bikers.

Rant over.

Come on, you can't blame them for not wanting a Harley can you?

jrandom
31st January 2009, 07:18
*shrug*

Times are tough, finance availability is low, can't blame a shop for not wanting to accept a bike as a trade-in that they're not confident they can onsell quickly.

DMNTD
31st January 2009, 07:22
*shrug*

Times are tough, finance availability is low, can't blame a shop for not wanting to accept a bike as a trade-in that they're not confident they can onsell quickly.

Actually it's sort of strange as those GSX1400's sell very very quickly when priced right.

jrandom
31st January 2009, 07:26
Actually it's sort of strange as those GSX1400's sell very very quickly when priced right.

S'coz they're a wunnerful bike, and perfect for a particular type of riding.

But KG was complaining that they wouldn't take his HD as a trade-in on the RC45.

Honestly, I have trouble feeling annoyed at Haldanes because they wouldn't do that trade. It's an RC45, after all; there's bound to be someone along with cash shortly.

The older issue with not wanting to trade an older GSX1400 on a new one (if I understand correctly) is pretty odd, though. Isn't that sort of business pretty much the meat and potatoes of any bike shop?

Mully
31st January 2009, 07:28
Yeah, but Suzuki have priced new ones at $13k, which would restrict the margin the shop can make on a used one.

jrandom
31st January 2009, 07:29
Yeah, but Suzuki have priced new ones at $13k...

You should get one!

FROSTY
31st January 2009, 07:30
KG I've heard this rant over and over again from people wanting to trade in their cars.
9 times out of ten its because the trade is worth literally thousands less than they want for it or the trade is totally saleproof.
The toyota Cavialier is a perfect example--a total pile of crap but wearing the toyota badge so it "must" be a good car.
Have you hit them with a figure you want for the harley?

Nasty
31st January 2009, 07:32

and he wants to buy one ... they don't want his harley ...

Personally I can understand that ... they will sell him the GSX ... they just don't want his trade .... another thread titled wrong and the whinge is about not wanting to do what he wants ... throwing a tante cos they dont' wanna play how he wants ... he could get off his tucas and get a better price for the harley himself .... problem is that this takes time and he wants it NOW ... its also just Kiwi Graham being lazy.

DMNTD
31st January 2009, 07:34
Yeah, but Suzuki have priced new ones at $13k, which would restrict the margin the shop can make on a used one.
Depends what you trade it at :niceone:

S'coz they're a wunnerful bike, and perfect for a particular type of riding.

But KG was complaining that they wouldn't take his HD as a trade-in on the RC45.

Honestly, I have trouble feeling annoyed at Haldanes because they wouldn't do that trade. It's an RC45, after all; there's bound to be someone along with cash shortly.

The older issue with not wanting to trade an older GSX1400 on a new one (if I understand correctly) is pretty odd, though. Isn't that sort of business pretty much the meat and potatoes of any bike shop?
My bad...:stupid:
I trade anything but the 'value' is calculated in how long it would take me to sell it...

Mully
31st January 2009, 07:37
You should get one!

shaddup!!!

Got a sodding wedding to pay for or I'd be all over one. Specially with the yoshi thrown in.
Om nom nom nom

Kiwi Graham
31st January 2009, 07:37
Come on, you can't blame them for not wanting a Harley can you?
Oi I heard that

*shrug*

They're smart cookies they can trade it back to AMPS is not rocket science, we know how these things work. I think there just cherry picking there buisness and looking for a cash buyer. It just fucks with my head when they turned me down, there was me thinking the next ATNR and an RC45

Taz
31st January 2009, 07:40
shaddup!!!

Got a sodding wedding to pay for or I'd be all over one. Specially with the yoshi thrown in.
Om nom nom nom

A good reason not to have got married..... Live in sin I say.:bleh:

jrandom
31st January 2009, 07:41
They're smart cookies they can trade it back to AMPS...

Have you asked AMPS what they'd give you for it?

Kiwi Graham
31st January 2009, 07:46
KG I've heard this rant over and over again from people wanting to trade in their cars.
9 times out of ten its because the trade is worth literally thousands less than they want for it or the trade is totally saleproof.
The toyota Cavialier is a perfect example--a total pile of crap but wearing the toyota badge so it "must" be a good car.
Have you hit them with a figure you want for the harley?

Hi mate, Yeah I'm a realist and would fully expect a reflective price for the Harley.

Nasty is right to, I am lazy..... I suppose I could bung a wad down to hold the 45 and wait for someone to buy the Harley of trade me or bike trader but I wanted to do it easily and quickly.

Kiwi Graham
31st January 2009, 07:47
Have you asked AMPS what they'd give you for it?

Going to do it Monday :niceone:

SARGE
31st January 2009, 07:47
Depends what you trade it at :niceone:

My bad...:stupid:
I trade anything but the 'value' is calculated in how long it would take me to sell it...

i would have done the trade .. but i woulda offered SFA for the harley BECAUSE i didnt want a showroom fulla ornaments..

i didnt want bikes on my floor longer than 90 days..Colemans has a tidy Yammie 750 sitting over there.. been sitting on the floor for awhile and now i understand its going on Tardme as a $1 reserve .. in this market ya cant afford to make trades where you lose money..

Sollyboy
31st January 2009, 07:58
*shrug*

they have always been hard to deal with ,when times are tough not tough winter or summer they are hard to deal with , could a shop be described as arrogant?

Taz
31st January 2009, 08:06
I had no problems dealing with them. I went in and said I'd like to buy that bike gave them the money and picked it up. No problem. :)

Maha
31st January 2009, 08:09
i would have done the trade .. but i woulda offered SFA for the harley BECAUSE i didnt want a showroom fulla ornaments..

i didnt want bikes on my floor longer than 90 days..Colemans has a tidy Yammie 750 sitting over there.. been sitting on the floor for awhile and now i understand its going on Tardme as a $1 reserve .. in this market ya cant afford to make trades where you lose money..

I get that ........now.
Happened to me early last year, wanted to trade my Sprint on a Daytona, I did however get a trade price $6K??....I said give me $8K and we have a deal. No was the reply, couldn't beleive it really. They said put it on Trademe and come back and see us. I sold it on Trademe for $9K and shoped somewhere else.

But I get where bike shops are coming from now. I also feel that they could go about differently....at least I got a trade in price, ball was in my court then eh?

The Stranger
31st January 2009, 08:12
another thread titled wrong and the whinge is about not wanting to do what he wants ... throwing a tante cos they dont' wanna play how he wants ... he could get off his tucas and get a better price for the harley himself .... problem is that this takes time and he wants it NOW ... its also just Kiwi Graham being lazy.

Hmm, dealers are dealers, they make money by doing deals.
You kind of expect that they will be prepared to deal don't you? I know I do.
I wouldn't go to a Museum or collector hoping to trade my bike, I'd go to a dealer.
Lazy, wanting it now, perhaps? That's a huge opportunity for someone to do a deal. Hell, laziness and wanting it NOW is huge business and many survive only because of it. Again you kind of expect them to support that trend.

It occurs to me that his rant is more due to having expectations dashed by a dealer who appears to have forgotten that they are in business to do deals than throwing a tante cause he didn't get his way.

jonbuoy
31st January 2009, 08:15
Its about cash flow - if all they do is trade ins and never sell bikes for cold hard cash to pay the wages they end up with 50-100 thousand dollars tied up in bikes slowly de-valuing rather than 50-100 thousand dollars in there pockets/bank account earning interest or buying NEW stock. If the showroom is full you can't blame them.

FROSTY
31st January 2009, 08:18
I get that ........now.
Happened to me early last year, wanted to trade my Sprint on a Daytona, I did however get a trade price $6K??....I said give me $8K and we have a deal. No was the reply, couldn't beleive it really. They said put it on Trademe and come back and see us. I sold it on Trademe for $9K and shoped somewhere else.

But I get where bike shops are coming from now. I also feel that they could go about differently....at least I got a trade in price, ball was in my court then eh?
Actually mate its down to the salesman -and management to offer options.
When I simply can't do a trade in deal for a customer I offer to on behalf their trade in for them. Thats kinda a win/win situation.
The other option I offer is a garunteed trade in figure up to a month after sale. --So like in your case you want 8 I say "no sorry 6" --you go away and try to sell ya bike.If it doesn't sell hey you will get 6 for it if it does you win

Lias
31st January 2009, 08:19
Colemans has a tidy Yammie 750 sitting over there.. been sitting on the floor for awhile and now i understand its going on Tardme as a $1 reserve .. in this market ya cant afford to make trades where you lose money..

Anyone got a link to that there auction?

jrandom
31st January 2009, 08:23
they have always been hard to deal with... could a shop be described as arrogant?

Well, I've never bought a bike from them, but they've been OK to deal with on the couple of occasions I've considered it.

A chap I work with bought a new 848 from them a couple of months ago and reckons they've been fairly good. Although you'd fucking well hope so after dropping $26,000, wouldn't you.

Maha
31st January 2009, 08:25
Actually mate its down to the salesman -and management to offer options.
When I simply can't do a trade in deal for a customer I offer to on behalf their trade in for them. Thats kinda a win/win situation.
The other option I offer is a garunteed trade in figure up to a month after sale. --So like in your case you want 8 I say "no sorry 6" --you go away and try to sell ya bike.If it doesn't sell hey you will get 6 for it if it does you win

Thats correct Tony, a salesman will know if he/she can move a trade quickely (as Chris pointed out) personally, I will use the 'private sell' option in future, it has worked well in the past.

Mrs Busa Pete
31st January 2009, 08:42
They done the same to us didn't want to trade the busa but we do understand that as we where trading down. We just figured it wasn't ment to be. So the same could be said for this deal i mean isn't it a Honda :whistle: i'd stick to the harley. :lol: