PDA

View Full Version : So I won't give up, even if the god of motorcycles wants me to...

tigertim20
31st January 2009, 14:56
So Ive ridden bikes since I was little, last year I got myself a Yamaha xz 400 to get back into it, was a crappy bike, slow, heavy, unreliable, but it looked kinda old school, and sounded wonderful, I liked it, but the asian woman who ignored a red light and destroyed the bike (and nearly killed me) didnt seem to like it much, maybe because it was a mangled heap. only had it 3 months.
I wondered if this was a sign.
So I got myself an FZR 250 R, fast, fun light little bike, loved it, until the engine went bang, so off to the mechanic, new clutch, new rings, new head and bottom gaskets, valve grind, torque settings for the head, and valve clearances all reset, the works.
Great I thought, I will battle the motorcycle gods and WIN, alas, less than 200km, on my first trip on the thing, the engine self destructed.....

So today, I bought myself a CBR 600, and I am determined that I wont give up on my love for two wheels. . . . . . . . . .. . .

so lets hope this one doesnt kill me

jrandom
31st January 2009, 14:58
What vintage CBR600 is it?

The various F models, from the Hurricane onwards, are lovely bikes.

martybabe
31st January 2009, 15:06
Not an auspicious start to motorcycling mate. oh well here's hoping your luck improves, should have a better chance of your engine surviving the journey with a CBR600 at least, all you have to concentrate on now is the road and the numptys that share it with you.

Good luck dude, have some bling for your tenacity. :niceone:

scracha
31st January 2009, 17:10
What vintage CBR600 is it?

The various F models, from the Hurricane onwards, are lovely bikes.

The hurricane was the first 600 wasnt it? Lovely bikes too but I'm now biased.

tigertim20
31st January 2009, 18:04
it is a 1991, with 70,000km on the clock, looks like its never been dropped, and always been garaged, gave it a very carefull look over, have also been given all receipts and maintenance receipts for the last few years, paid $2000 for it, seller was a woman whos bozo boyfrind (who shed been with a month) asked her to get it on her credit, cos he had no credit rating, then skipped town, but she stil had the bike, so wanted to sell asap. I think I got a good deal. Dont know alot about CBR's but have always liked them, and wanted one for quite a while, so I am happy.
Would appreciate any info on them that people can give me, anything to look out for or anything.?????????

kiwifruit
31st January 2009, 18:13
look out for cows!

welcome to the site :)

fmx_girl
31st January 2009, 20:15
haha hey man :) i ride dirt, always wated to get into road i mean but yeah. totaly know what you are saying though bro! i had a stroke! paralised my left side and im still detitermind as anything to ride!!! nothing like twisting the throttle on two wheels!!!!!! :scooter:!!!!!! its the hardest thing i have and proberly will ever do but :P you just cant give up because of a few minor interferances! i mean a month riding after 2 and a half years off i break my thumb and have 3months off!!!!!!!!!!! if thats not a slap across the face! but i dont want to give up ever!!!!!!! :)

keep cranking buddy!!!!! :apumpin: :finger::2guns::Punk::2thumbsup:headbang::clap::de vil2:

scracha
1st February 2009, 11:14
few years, paid $2000 for it, seller was a woman whos bozo boyfrind (who shed been

I think you've got a triffic deal. Check for smokey zorst, worn head bearings, suspension linkages and it'd pay to have the valves checked (or at least get a compression test done). Alternatively, for 2 grand, you could say fuck it and just ride the thing. AFAIK the model after's motor will fit it too.

Nasty
1st February 2009, 11:28
... blah blah ...

so lets hope this one doesnt kill me

the bike won't kill you ... its quite simple really. the bike doesn't know how ...