PDA

View Full Version : My problem or theirs?

DarkNinja
22nd February 2005, 21:48
This isnt really a biggy. but i got a flat on the motorway going into welly the other day from a bolt thing going thru my tyre. i got it home and picked up by the bike company and i was expecting to foot a bill for a new tyre. but it was all good they just inserted a tube into the tubeless tyre and i rode it home on friday. it sat in the gagre till sunday when i went to ride it and the tyre had deflated :spudwhat:
My mum reckons that theyve pinched the tube as they put it in and from what i told the guy at the shop he reckons there may have been another hole in the tyre somewhere.
Anyhow i know how it goes most of the time, 'crap happens' etc etc but do you think the bike shop should be obliged to pay if theyve done something wrong? or should i just leave it be and keep good morale with them - coz they are top guys.
Anyways just your thoughts
DN

Skunk
22nd February 2005, 21:52
I'd find out why it's deflated again and go from there...

If the tube is pinched - their problem
If there's a second 'oblivious' nail type thing - who's to say when that got there. (Shit happens)

crashe
23rd February 2005, 06:27
well did they put the tube and tyre into the huge drum full of water to look for bubbles after fixing it....

Thats what they do with car tyres...one to find the hole and then afterwards to make sure it is fixed properly.

So I think first off you should find out if they did that...do ask nicely.

or you have very bad luck and picked up another nail on the way home.

Motu
23rd February 2005, 06:56
You can't help people these days,it's more trouble than it's worth and jobs come back to bite you in the arse.They should of just said your tyres stuffed and made you buy another one than repair it.If they were competant they shouldn't pinch a tube and should check inside the tyre for other damage...but lots of things can go wrong with fitting a tube,tubeless tyres aren't made to have tubes in for a start.They should repair it again for you - but then may say it's just not worth it and go for a new tyre.

ManDownUnder
23rd February 2005, 07:13
I'd ge back to them, tell them what happened and let them know that if it's something new you'll pay to get it fixed.

As has been mentioned, get them to ID the problem first, then take it from there.
MDU