PDA

View Full Version : Street Magic wiring diagram

MrMelon
22nd February 2005, 21:58
Hey, does anyone have a wiring diagram for a tr50 street magic? I just got one, but it's got a few electrical issues. The headlight doesn't work. It seems when I turn the headlight switch on though, that the battery completely discharges within about 10 minutes.

Or alternatively does a workshop manual for these exist?

FROSTY
22nd February 2005, 22:24
mate a wiring diagram aint what ya need. You need a continuity tester.
-First off remove the headlight.
see if by running 12v to it directly it works ok.
logicly theres a dead short in either the wiring to the headlight or from the switchblock The easy way would be to remove ya plastics n stuff and look for sqished wires.

MrMelon
23rd February 2005, 06:22
Yeah thought so. I had a 12v power supply here I was going to test the headlight out with but it only put out 500mA, and the headlight required 15A.

There are plugs all over the place that aren't plugged into anything though.

A multimeter should do the trick shouldn't it?

bungbung
23rd February 2005, 07:40
If the headlight is trying to draw 15A then you have a problem. Its probably a 35W or so headlamp @ 12V = 3A. As Frosty says, look fro squished wires, and have a close look at the switch block.

sAsLEX
23rd February 2005, 14:12
Yeah thought so. I had a 12v power supply here I was going to test the headlight out with but it only put out 500mA, and the headlight required 15A.

There are plugs all over the place that aren't plugged into anything though.

A multimeter should do the trick shouldn't it?

Yeah should be able find most of the stuff with a multi meter, there are hall effect sensor things that you can run along a wire and it glows when there is current present so you can literally rub the thing along the loom until it goes out at the short.

vifferman
23rd February 2005, 14:18
Street Magics have wiring looms? :spudwhat:

Whoever knew...:confused:

MrMelon
25th February 2005, 13:21
I found a plug near the expansion chamber that wasn't plugged in, and now the battery doesn't seem to be going flat, but it ldle's a bit higher than before which is kinda annoying. I think there might be a grounding problem somewhere.

http://203.96.154.213/gallery2/main.php/download/741-2/th_DSC03807.JPG

bungbung
25th February 2005, 13:25
Nice stoppie,

Are you going to bring that to the buckets in April?

White trash
25th February 2005, 13:42

Nice shot! Give me the keys and I'll show ya how to bust, for wreel!

NC
25th February 2005, 14:07
I found a plug near the expansion chamber that wasn't plugged in, and now the battery doesn't seem to be going flat, but it ldle's a bit higher than before which is kinda annoying. I think there might be a grounding problem somewhere.

:laugh: :niceone:

WINJA
8th March 2005, 22:21

THATS NOT HOW YA STOPPIE A MAGIC . CHECK OUT THE ONE IN MY PROFILE PIC

MrMelon
8th March 2005, 22:31
I tried doing a stoppie tonight 2 up while sitting on the tank... didn't work so well :(

John
8th March 2005, 22:34
GOD I WANT A STREET MAGIC, props for the stoppies!

WINJA
9th March 2005, 11:37
I tried doing a stoppie tonight 2 up while sitting on the tank... didn't work so well :(
ITS ACTUALLY EASY DOING IT LIKE THE ONE IN MY PROFILE PIC, 2 FEET ON ONE SIDE IE SITTING SIDE SADDLE IS HARDER.
MY BEST ONE WAS IN OCCONELL ST IN TOWN , BUSY SAT NIGHT DOING A STOPPIE AND STARTED GOING OVER LUCKILY MY KNEE WAS RESTING ON THE HORN SO EVERYONE COULD LOOK TO SEE THE MAGIC LAND ON MY HEAD, IM SO LUCKY LOTS OF HOT CHICKS WERE WATCHING, THEY WERE ALL SO IMPRESSED I COULD TELL FROM THE LAUGHTER AND POINTING.I ALSO ALMOST DROWNED ON MY MAGIC I WAS DOING A STOPPIE THRU A DEEP PUDDLE AND I FLIPPED AND THE BIKE PINNED MY HEAD UNDER THE WATER.

swanman
22nd February 2006, 17:25
To restart an old thread.........

I bought this bike recently. Interestingly I am doing the wiring at the moment. So far I have found that the rear indicators negative wires had broken from their solder points. The rear left bulb was the incorrect type with a double terminal instead of a single. The head light was plugged into the indicator warning light connector, so it came on when you truned on the indicators! Got a feeling the headlight bulb is incorrect too.

I got a wiring diagram from the internet which helps a lot.

Still a few other things to fix tho.

BTW Mr Melon, how was it crashed do you know?

Did the electric start ever work when you had it?

dieselflosse
18th May 2006, 19:17

Hi!

I noticed that here I could find a help for my son's Street Magic problem... So, I registered here with my old nic (more used in car discussions in Finland).

The basic problem with the Street Magic is silence. No normal noise :mellow: No spark...

I have done some investigations and checked wires between magneto and CDI box. Earlier there was some cuts on the wires but those are fixed. And the machine worked find for a while.

One specific question is what the impedance of pick-up coil (next from the magneto) should be? Now is exact 200 ohms.

Swanman, you mention about the wiring diagram which can be found from the web. Could you give a address? Or maybe you can send a copy over email or fax....

Best regards
Tero

dieselflosse
19th May 2006, 00:13
Hi!

I just recived a mail from Suzuki Finland and there was troubleshooting schema and some kind of wireing diagram attached. So, my need for the info is much lower than before my last post :shifty:

Anyhow the link to source of info might be valuable for someone else...

I can also mail those diagrams what I have.

swanman
19th May 2006, 08:02
Hi!

I just recived a mail from Suzuki Finland and there was troubleshooting schema and some kind of wireing diagram attached. So, my need for the info is much lower than before my last post :shifty:

Anyhow the link to source of info might be valuable for someone else...

I can also mail those diagrams what I have.

Hi Tero,

Post the link to the info up in this thread so we can have a look at it. Is it in English?

Cheers

MrMelon
19th May 2006, 08:08
To restart an old thread.........

I bought this bike recently. Interestingly I am doing the wiring at the moment. So far I have found that the rear indicators negative wires had broken from their solder points. The rear left bulb was the incorrect type with a double terminal instead of a single. The head light was plugged into the indicator warning light connector, so it came on when you truned on the indicators! Got a feeling the headlight bulb is incorrect too.

Still a few other things to fix tho.

BTW Mr Melon, how was it crashed do you know?

Did the electric start ever work when you had it?

Not too sure how it was crashed. It was pretty banged up when I got it.. I did buy it off a woman lol. I knew the headlight was plugged into the indicator somehow, but couldn't really be arsed sorting it all out and just bought another one which was straight. I had no wiring diagram. The engine in it felt really good though, I think it's still got more balls than my new street magic. The electric start never worked. The electric start doesn't work in my new one either, but as far as I can see it's got the starter motor attached. Not sure where it's going wrong. (well before I removed the starter gearing anyway)

swanman
19th May 2006, 19:08
The electric start works fine on that one. After looking at the wiring diagram I discovered you have to pull in the front brake at the same time as pressing the starter button! Must be a safety thing.

dieselflosse
20th May 2006, 04:01
Hi Tero,

Post the link to the info up in this thread so we can have a look at it. Is it in English?

Cheers

Hi!

I don't have link to info at the moment. I received three pages of some kind of service manual over email. They are on pdf-format and in English. I can share them via photobucket.com, but at week after next week.

I just started my a vacation and those pages are saved to my work pc.

I will come back to the issue after my trip to Rome :msn-wink:

MrMelon
20th May 2006, 11:07
The electric start works fine on that one. After looking at the wiring diagram I discovered you have to pull in the front brake at the same time as pressing the starter button! Must be a safety thing.

Mine still doesn't work with the brake on... Bugger.

swanman
21st May 2006, 08:33
Maybe check the contact on the front brake is ok. Unscrew the plate under the front brake lever and join the wires togther then press the tit. Failing that fuk nose.

MrMelon
21st May 2006, 13:53
Is there's a separate contact on the front brake lever just to enable the electric start, or does it use the same switch as for the brake light?

swanman
22nd May 2006, 08:52
I have just looked at the diagram. Out of the starter button. One wire goes into the front brake circuit. The other wire goes to the starter relay. So if your brake light goes on that is a good indication that that side of the ciruit is ok, but would be worth testing conitinuity between the starter wire and the brake circuit to make sure. If all this is fine then you would have to look downstream to the starter relay etc....

dieselflosse
29th May 2006, 23:15
They are on pdf-format and in English. I can share them via photobucket.com, but at week after next week.

I will come back to the issue after my trip to Rome :msn-wink:

Regards from Rome! It was sunny and nice city...

I just noticed that it is not possible to share pdf-files via photobucket.com. So, back to the earlier procedure. If someone needs those diagrams mentioned earlier just let me know with email address. I will send them.

athol57
5th June 2006, 00:27
ANY CHANCE OF THOSE DIAGRAMES. GOLD@QUICKSILVER.NET.NZ[/email] REGARDS GEO

athol57
19th June 2006, 23:19
Thanks for the diagrams.Having loads of trouble with my sons tr50.Checked coil lead,replaced spark plug,cleaned carb(compressed air only)found electric choke half off and fixed(had to make up bracket)tried second cdi.
Dont know whats been changed but bike want idle well and when decelerating and them back on the throttle wont take off until full on.
Its UK beaste and am not sure of needle positions in carb or what else I can try.
any help much needed.Geo

dieselflosse
26th June 2006, 21:17
tried second cdi.

Finaly I had some time to spend with my son's Street Magic. Now I think there are problems with CDI.

So, I am looking for an other CDI. Does anyone have an extra one which I can buy? Or do you know good Suzuki resellers where I can order it? In Finland Street Magic is not so common and parts are too expensive.

dieselflosse
11th July 2006, 19:27
Hello!

I have one very promising channel for geting a new CDI box.. Only problem is a part number of the box. Does anyone know the Suzuki part number for the CDI module?

Ps. I bought my first real motor cycle last friday. Now I have Honda XL250S as my own toy :-)

swanman
13th July 2006, 10:14
Reading the numbers of mine.

CB7435
J41 8B26

dieselflosse
19th July 2006, 00:21
Hi!

I got an answer from Suzuki Finland. The part number for CDI is 32900-06F20.

Could anyone ask a price for the module from a local dealer? In Finland the price is 230 euros (460 NZD).

tedstreetmagic
10th February 2008, 13:26
HI, please can you send me the diagrams mate,

allsort@hotmail.co.uk