PDA

View Full Version : Bike cop blocking my pass

Varkp
4th February 2009, 07:46
So this morning I'm travelling down a state highway in or around Wellington. Traffic (cars) are backed up and moving at about 20 kph.

A passing lane comes up and I do all the legal things of indicating and start passing cars keeping will within the speed limit.

Lo and behold, Mr Biker Cop pulls out in front of me and blocks my passing and slows me right down to the same speed as the cars, all the way to the end of the passing lane. Moves back in and i have no choice but to move in behind him. All the while he is watching me in the his mirror.

I got the distinct feeling this cop was following me even later when i did pass him, he kept watching me and waiting for me to make a transgression so he can jump me.

A few questions here.

1. Was I doing anything illegal.
2. What is the law viewpoint on passing cars in a passing lane if they are moving slow and it is safe for you to pass them.
3. I feel this cop was baiting me.

BMWST?
4th February 2009, 07:55
you werent doing anything illegal....if he wasnt actually overtaking then he was the illegal one(keep left unless overtaking).
However when the traffic is heavy the act of merging(even on a motorcycle) at the end of the passing lane slows down the "inside lane" and that causes a ripple effect which slows down the traffic further back even more.Its why on holiday weekends the outside passing lane is sometimes closed.

CB ARGH
4th February 2009, 07:57
Just like a baby playing with an atomic bomb, the cop was only playing with the traffic.

I cannot see how anything you did was against the law/dangerous.

slimjim
4th February 2009, 07:58
So this morning I'm travelling down a state highway in or around Wellington. Traffic (cars) are backed up and moving at about 20 kph.

A passing lane comes up and I do all the legal things of indicating and start passing cars keeping will within the speed limit.

Lo and behold, Mr Biker Cop pulls out in front of me and blocks my passing and slows me right down to the same speed as the cars, all the way to the end of the passing lane. Moves back in and i have no choice but to move in behind him. All the while he is watching me in the his mirror.

I got the distinct feeling this cop was following me even later when i did pass him, he kept watching me and waiting for me to make a transgression so he can jump me.

bugger what's illegal..:rolleyes:

pass why not..

bugger give him a friendly bikers wave......:finger:...

awayatc
4th February 2009, 08:10
Yesterday on my way south on SH 1 south of Kaikoura, a newish darkblue Toyota camry pulled of from the shoulder....
I didn't quite trust it, so slowed down behind him..... (at around 90 ish kph.)
When I did pass him on a passing lane,after having suffered through a couple of terribly boring minutes , I still did not go (much) over the limit..
Glancing sideways I saw the driver wearing a police issue uniform.......
Took a while to lose him.....since I could only speed away a bit in corners.....

Sounds to me your particular cop wasn't as bike friendly as most bike cops usualy are....

MIXONE
4th February 2009, 08:15
awayatc the cops around Kaikoura are using all sorts of unmarked cars.I even saw one in a holden twin cab ute.Just as well the ride is so good that you don't have to speed to have fun.

MSTRS
4th February 2009, 08:16
... blocks my passing and slows me right down to the same speed as the cars, all the way to the end of the passing lane. ....
2. What is the law viewpoint on passing cars in a passing lane if they are moving slow and it is safe for you to pass them.

1. Cop was breaking the law
2. Passing lanes are just that...for passing. Speed of traffic in the left lane has nothing to do with it. As long as you do not exceed the posted speed limit, and you are passing them, then you are not doing anything wrong.
3. I'd say so

One thing you don't make clear...was the passing lane free of other traffic, or were you attempting to split down the right?

Varkp
4th February 2009, 08:22
One thing you don't make clear...was the passing lane free of other traffic, or were you attempting to split down the right?

The passing lane was absolutely clear, no cars, no other bikes, 1 dead possum.

i have the bikes reg if anybody is interested ...

Seems the cop has a bit of an attitude problem, seen him in the area before, and have noticed he pulls people over for the fun of it.

Once by mistake (on hindsight now) gave him a friendly greet and he just stared at me.

Maybe he should get a transfer to Chch to go have a go at the boy racers ...

Devil
4th February 2009, 08:27
It's got nothing to do with the law, it's the cop being wary of the traffic flow.

Like has been stated above, in heavy traffic situtations, passing lanes only make it worse with the merging slowing the whole thing down.
I'd hazard a guess that the lane was empty because everyone knew that they'd arrive at their destination quicker by not overtaking.

Last thing they need is someone giving everyone else the idea that overtaking is a good thing (in that situation).

Fatjim
4th February 2009, 08:33
The cop can make you do anything he likes as long as its reasonable and not dangerous to you.. I'm not sure he needs his red and blues on either if his intent is clear.

He's just a wanker though. there is a ginga cop in Welly on a bike. He pulled me over about my loud pipes, but was good enough not to ping me on them so he wasn't as bad as some. However he did proceed to give me a lecture on the dangers on lanesplitting, then came up with a pearler about how mine seemed ok. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to tell me in the end.

He was on a power trip, but obviously I caught him on a the good part of his monthlycycle.

Varkp
4th February 2009, 08:34
It's got nothing to do with the law, it's the cop being wary of the traffic flow.

Like has been stated above, in heavy traffic situtations, passing lanes only make it worse with the merging slowing the whole thing down.
I'd hazard a guess that the lane was empty because everyone knew that they'd arrive at their destination quicker by not overtaking.

Last thing they need is someone giving everyone else the idea that overtaking is a good thing (in that situation).

fair comment, but I was on a bike and it is more dangerous for a bike to be jammed between cars, I have had SO many incidents were I was nearly taken out from behind by some moron on his mobile not watching what he is doing.

By me on a bike sitting in the traffic I'm going to make you the cage'r get to work later, purely because it takes me longer to take of from a dead stop then you in the car. There is a certain speed at which a car can still steer but me on a bike must stop dead.

my defence as a biker is to get away from a dangerous situation is to move.

Fatjim
4th February 2009, 08:41
And so you should. You safety is ultimately what you should be worried about, not the misdirection from a copper.

Max Preload
4th February 2009, 08:58

A few questions here.

1) No. You could have overtaken him, on his right, without crossing the yellow line, if there was one on your side (sure to be) and he couldn't have done anything about that, but I'm sure he would have stopped and bothered you and in all likelyhood trumped something up, such are the ridiculous subjective laws we currently have. Like this gem:

Land Transport (Road User) Rule 2004 (SR 2004-427) (as at 01 August 2008) (http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2004/0427/latest/DLM303621.html?search=ts_all%40act%40bill%40regula tion_Land+Transport+(Road+User)_resel#DLM303621)
(1) A driver must not operate a vehicle in a condition or manner that causes or is liable to cause—

(b)annoyance to any person

2) nothing specific as long as it comes under the all-encompassing 'safe to do so' which is a total rort since it too is entirely sujective. Exactly when is it entirely safe to do anything on the road?

3) Not a question, but an observation.

Subjective.

So you shouldn't use passing lanes to overtake slower vehicles because you inevitably have to merge again anyway? Yeah, that makes sense... :weird:

Really? I'd have thought the last thing we'd want is idiots using passing lanes for preventing other vehicles from overtaking slower traffic.

Bren
4th February 2009, 09:10
Really? I'd have thought the last thing we'd want is idiots using passing lanes for preventing other vehicles from overtaking slower traffic.

Happens all the time down here...some people sit right ion the middle of the passing lanes to block other cars passing. This is common on the lanes just out of Paraparaumu and Waikanae I never saw this kind of thing down south, and am now realising the driving up here is worse than down south

Seems the further north ya go then the bigger the tosser is on the road!

Badjelly
4th February 2009, 09:13
Happens all the time down here...some people sit right ion the middle of the passing lanes to block other cars passing. This is common on the lanes just out of Paraparaumu and Waikanae.

It's a local, informal road rule. Odd, eh?

Devil
4th February 2009, 09:16
So you shouldn't use passing lanes to overtake slower vehicles because you inevitably have to merge again anyway? Yeah, that makes sense... :weird:

Yeah, it does. Obviously not to you. Only applicable to heavy traffic. Not bunches of traffic that clears up.
As stated earlier by someone else. It's exactly why they block passing lanes on holiday weekends.

MsKABC
4th February 2009, 09:18
Yeah, it does. Obviously not to you. Only applicable to heavy traffic. Not bunches of traffic that clears up.
As stated earlier by someone else. It's exactly why they block passing lanes on holiday weekends.

Yeah, I see your point Devil - if passing only serves to move you a few vehicles further ahead in a very long and slow moving queue, then what is the point? It just creates a bottle-neck at the end of the passing lane. Have seen it happen coming into Orewa from up north.

MSTRS
4th February 2009, 09:21
Happens all the time down here...some people sit right ion the middle of the passing lanes to block other cars passing. This is common on the lanes just out of Paraparaumu and Waikanae I never saw this kind of thing down south, and am now realising the driving up here is worse than down south

Don't forget about Mr80k who speeds up to 110+k when the passing lanes start

Ixion
4th February 2009, 09:26
Why then spend much money building passing lanes. By that logic they are useless. It seems as obvious to me as anything can be, that if you have the inevitable slow vehicle (tractor, lorry, dodderer , whatever) plodding along at 65kph, if there are no passing lanes , then EVERYONE else must be brought down to 65kph (or they overtake where there are no passing lanes, which is simply to use the oncoming carriageway as a passing lane) . Whereas if there is a passing lane, I , and the rest of the queue trapped behind Mr Dodder, can pass him, and proceed on our way at 100kph.

How can it possibly be slower to have say 20 vehicles doing 100kph and one doing 65kph, than to have 21 vehicles doing 65kph.

The business of closing the lanes at holiday times has nothing to do with speeding up the traffic, quite the reverse. It is to deliberately slow the traffic down, "traffic calming" they call it, like putting in speed bumps.

Badjelly
4th February 2009, 09:29
The business of closing the lanes at holiday times has nothing to do with speeding up the traffic, quite the reverse. It is to deliberately slow the traffic down, "traffic calming" they call it, like putting in speed bumps.

I can't cite any quantitative studies, but I think it neither speeds the traffic up nor slows it down, given that the volume of traffic flowing along the road is controlled by the single-lane sections. What it does do is avoid a lot of frantic and (from the collective point of view) pointless reordering of the traffic in the short 2-lane sections.

Devil
4th February 2009, 09:29
Why then spend much money building passing lanes. By that logic they are useless. It seems as obvious to me as anything can be, that if you have the inevitable slow vehicle (tractor, lorry, dodderer , whatever) plodding along at 65kph, if there are no passing lanes , then EVERYONE else must be brought down to 65kph (or they overtake where there are no passing lanes, which is simply to use the oncoming carriageway as a passing lane) . Whereas if there is a passing lane, I , and the rest of the queue trapped behind Mr Dodder, can pass him, and proceed on our way at 100kph.

Depends on the traffic. Passing lanes make sense when it's not nose to tail chocka traffic. If it's your every day traffic, or normal weekend traffic they work just great. But when everyones is up everyone elses arse for kilometres it serves no purpose.

marty
4th February 2009, 09:33
speaking of cops holding up traffic - i was coming home from work this week at some ungodly hour of the morning. travelling on NZ's finest piece of road linking the north with the south. i was going pretty quick. unreasonably quick actually, but that's another story.

i pulled out to pass a line of 3 trucks. went well onto the other side of the road so as not to upset them too much :)

fuck me, there's a cop car in front of them. not doing much more than 95km/h. i only saw it when i was next to it, and i sure as shit wasn't going to wash off !@)km/h! i just kept going - didn't see any lights or anything! maybe they were texting and didn't see me :nya:

MSTRS
4th February 2009, 09:47
...maybe they were texting and didn't see me :nya:

Nah. That was just them filling their quota...courtesy of the Human Rights Act... of employing disabled (blind) staff.

Max Preload
4th February 2009, 09:51
I can't cite any quantitative studies, but I think it neither speeds the traffic up nor slows it down, given that the volume of traffic flowing along the road is controlled by the single-lane sections. What it does do is avoid a lot of frantic and (from the collective point of view) pointless reordering of the traffic in the short 2-lane sections.

Good. Hopefully that'll wake the fuckers from their slumber.

awayatc
4th February 2009, 09:52
when I was living in The Netherlands i was pulled over once or twice for sitting on the speed limit......
Since Everybody drives/rides over the limit, the cops were suspicious as to why I only did 100 KPH.....

Why did I do my best NOT to be pulled over..?
What did I have to hide?...

Gremlin
4th February 2009, 11:20
If they built the roads properly, and they were two lane all the way, OR had decent passing lanes AND drivers could drive properly and not speed up for the passing lanes... there wouldn't be an issue.

Traffic calming is bullshit... If you're sitting in a line, with no chance of going anywhere any time soon, I'm reasonably certain you won't be calm.

Cop was holding up traffic. Simple. You are also obliged to keep left unless passing. If the passing lane was open, people could pass, except the cop obviously deemed he knew better (thats never happened before aye :whistle:)

I think I would have tried to pass on his right, if there was space and I wouldn't speed...

Jantar
4th February 2009, 13:24
Send a complaint to the IPCA and ask that the cop receive a ticket for failing to keep left by using a passing lane when he wasn't passing, and in doing so failed to allow faster traffic to pass. I'd be interested to see the response. :laugh:

breakaway
4th February 2009, 16:13
Did you get his rego?

Skyryder
4th February 2009, 16:14
Send a complaint to the IPCA and ask that the cop receive a ticket for failing to keep left by using a passing lane when he wasn't passing, and in doing so failed to allow faster traffic to pass. I'd be interested to see the response. :laugh:

Who are the IPCA??

Max Preload
4th February 2009, 16:17
Who are the IPCA??

The pseudo-Independant Police Conduct Authority (http://www.ipca.govt.nz/)...

mattian
4th February 2009, 16:35
did he pull you over? write you a ticket for anything?. He made you paranoid so you obeyed the speed limit? I am trying to work out exactly what the problem is.

Fatjim
4th February 2009, 16:35

Thats sounding awfully DB'ish. Make sure you wear your Hello Kitty T-shirt while you do it.

Max Preload
4th February 2009, 16:45
did he pull you over? write you a ticket for anything?. He made you paranoid so you obeyed the speed limit? I am trying to work out exactly what the problem is.

The cop pulled into the passing lane and drove at the same speed as the vehicles he'd previously been following at 20km/h and you think that's not a problem? Where does the OP say he was either speeding or needed to speed to overtake? I call what the cop did, if he did it with the intention of simply getting in the OP's way, bullying pure & simple because as I've already pointed out no matter how many objective laws you're obeying if they get the pip with you they can always find something to cost you time & money. If the cop did it unintentionally, he's not much of a driver being so oblivious to the presence of other road users.

quack
5th February 2009, 00:12
Its just a retarded cop who thinks he owns the road, like all damn cops.

Varkp
5th February 2009, 09:04
Just and update.

Phoned the IPCA yesterday. Guy asked all the detials, and then said he would like my details, Name, number, Diver license details, vehicle details. I then kindly informed him, nope sorry as there is no proof that i would not be targeted for victimisation by said cop.

Can see myself getting pulled over every morning for anything from waering the wrong underwear to unclipped toe nails ...

peasea
9th February 2009, 14:54
The passing lane was absolutely clear, no cars, no other bikes, 1 dead possum.

i have the bikes reg if anybody is interested ...

Seems the cop has a bit of an attitude problem, seen him in the area before, and have noticed he pulls people over for the fun of it.

Once by mistake (on hindsight now) gave him a friendly greet and he just stared at me.

Maybe he should get a transfer to Chch to go have a go at the boy racers ...

Yeah, send him out on his own and tell him to pull out his baton and yell 'Geronimo' when he finds three hundred drunk boy racers. Oh no, hang on, that's been done, as you were....

vifferman
9th February 2009, 14:57
The cop pulled into the passing lane and drove at the same speed as the vehicles he'd previously been following at 20km/h and you think that's not a problem?

I'm sure the Rode Code says to keep as close to the left as practicable. If he was in the right lane, not turning, and not traveling at the speed limit, he wasn't abiding by the laws he was supposed to be upholding.

Renegade
10th February 2009, 13:18

exactly correct, plus mr copper got the power to open and shut any road he needs to, especially in the guise of road safety

Despatch
11th February 2009, 23:04
A bike shouldn't need a passing lane to get through traffic. There is a biker cop in Wellington who is a bit of a wanker about other bikers.

Freshh2o
3rd March 2009, 09:32
A good cop said to me once... "You have to feel sorry for cops. the only friends they have are other cops. And who wants a cop for a friend?"

Don't wave at cops unless you know them personally. They inevitably assume you are winding them up...

3umph
3rd March 2009, 09:52
awayatc the cops around Kaikoura are using all sorts of unmarked cars.I even saw one in a holden twin cab ute.Just as well the ride is so good that you don't have to speed to have fun.

The trucking squad up that way... based in blenhiem have them...

Hoon
3rd March 2009, 10:28

Yep agree. There is a reason why everyone was staying in the left lane and leaving the right lane empty. All it takes is one person to bust out and start a stampede up the right lane which just ends up causing more frustration from people pushing in.

Good work on the cops part for seeing this unfold and putting a stop to it.
Remember it's not all about you! Neither is it a bike thing as I'm sure the cop would've done the same thing if you were in a car. Managing the flow of traffic is their job. However if you believe that all "traffic flow management" decisions only apply to cars and you should be exempt because you ride a motorcycle then normally I'd agree but in this case where you are doing something likely to encourage other drivers to do something they shouldn't then you need to be roped in.

Ixion
3rd March 2009, 10:38
Yep agree. There is a reason why everyone was staying in the left lane and leaving the right lane empty. All it takes is one person to bust out and start a stampede up the right lane which just ends up causing more frustration from people pushing in.

Good work on the cops part for seeing this unfold and putting a stop to it.
Remember it's not all about you! Neither is it a bike thing as I'm sure the cop would've done the same thing if you were in a car. Managing the flow of traffic is their job. However if you believe that all "traffic flow management" decisions only apply to cars and you should be exempt because you ride a motorcycle then normally I'd agree but in this case where you are doing something likely to encourage other drivers to do something they shouldn't then you need to be roped in.

Indeed? I thought it was enforcing the law. If managing the flow of traffic is their job theiy're do a bloody crap job of it.

I am still struggling with (a) how two lanes can be slower than one lane ; and (b) if so, why are we taxpayers paying to build lanes which it is argued should not be used.

swbarnett
3rd March 2009, 11:11
... in this case where you are doing something likely to encourage other drivers to do something they shouldn't then you need to be roped in.
I am not my brother's keeper! (or sister's for that matter).

We shift blame far too much IMO. Blame the the idiots doing something stupid, not those doing something perfectly reasonable that is "likely to encourage other drivers to do something they shouldn't".

Hoon
3rd March 2009, 16:58
Yep, if I were the cop I would've let the bike go past (since it has minimal effect on traffic flow) and then block any car that tried to follow. However I can understand why the cop would choose to block the bike i.e. treat all road users as being equal and letting everyone know that the right lane is NOT quicker.

I am still struggling with (a) how two lanes can be slower than one lane ; and (b) if so, why are we taxpayers paying to build lanes which it is argued should not be used.

I didn't even know about it until I had the misfortune to experience it first hand. In heavy traffic two lanes aren't necessarily slower, they just aren't any faster! Only applies when traffic is at a crawl to heavy - usually public holiday peak time. Basically two lanes become ineffective as you have to merge back into one lane at the end. If there isn't enough space and vehicles have to slow to merge back into one lane then this causes a jam. Once the jam backs up to the beginning of the passing lane then there is no benefit with splitting into two lanes and then merging back into the same spots later on. So everyone accepts a "gentlemans agreement" to stay in one lane thereby eliminating all the unpleasant pushing 'n shoving.

CookMySock
3rd March 2009, 19:32
What it does (closing passing lanes) do is avoid a lot of frantic and (from the collective point of view) pointless reordering of the traffic in the short 2-lane sections.Yeah its a good idea when the traffic is bumper to bumper. Its dangerous splitting into two lanes and opening out to 120km/hr and then braking to a crawl again - just to gain two spaces over cars that dont have the same power-to-weight ratio as you. Pointless and dangerous.

I think I would have tried to pass on his right, if there was space and I wouldn't speed...So would I. It's not against the law to pass a cop.

The cop pulled into the passing lane and drove at the same speed as the vehicles he'd previously been following at 20km/h and you think that's not a problem?Who gives a shit? Just pass him and you're gone. End of problem. It only affects you because you choose that it does.

Steve

Bend-it
12th March 2009, 13:40
Land Transport (Road User) Rule 2004 (SR 2004-427) (as at 01 August 2008)
(1) A driver must not operate a vehicle in a condition or manner that causes or is liable to cause—

(b)annoyance to any person

This is the best news I've heard all day!! *555 for all annoying drivers from now on! Woohoo!!

caseye
23rd March 2009, 18:25
So they do in Welly what they are doing in the rest of the country too.Building roads to replace old single lane jobbies, with a few "passing lanes" instead of bloody well making the bar stewards two lanes all the way anyhow. Morons is what we have in power and road building.BLOODY MORONS.
What can we do, behave in a manner designed to cause civil dosibedience, yep Disobey STUPID Laws.
Problem with that, here in NZ no one stands up and stays standing for long cause everyone else backs out( oh no can't afford to be caught up in that sort of rubbish)
Most of the guys and girls in Police cars/on bikes try hard to give us riders a fair go when it comes to traffic congestion if we are seen to be lane splitting in stopped traffic at reasonable speeds they generally leave us alone.
On the other hand I've seen Sooooo many fools on bikes doing 100 K's or more in moving traffic splitting like theres no tomorrw, soon we'll all be pulled up No Matter what, thanks to these idiots.
The motorcycle Cop in this situation may well have thougth he was doing the right thing, mostof us m,yself included would obviously counter that thought.There is no way of finding out what he was actually doing short of asking him.
I wonder what his reply would have been?
You did the right thing in not antagonising him any further but next time I'd suggest you ride up alongside and simply ask why?
If his reply is a stupid non sensical one, remember, civil disobedience!
lets know how you get on.I'd stand with you and be prepared to contribute if it came to that.We have two legs and mouths, stand up and be counted.

crazefox
23rd March 2009, 18:27
you shuold of pulled up next to him and kick the cunt off his bike

bully
12th April 2009, 18:49
why does that not surprise me, they make there own rules for themselves!

scumdog
12th April 2009, 19:08
you shuold of pulled up next to him and kick the cunt off his bike

Pfft!!

Like THAT'S goin' to ever happen...

Varkp
27th April 2009, 09:44
and again we have bike-cop blocking all lane splitting just before the interislander ferrie off ramp, traffic was at a standstill cause of a bumper bashing on the other side of the highway. Did'nt botther to look wh said bike-cop was, just took the ferrie offramp, but at that stage he had about 8 bikers backed-up behind him.

PrincessBandit
28th April 2009, 00:46

Hahahaha, you'd wouldn't survive long in D'oh-kland then. But fwiw, I think you're right - and it gets worse the further north you go.

when I was living in The Netherlands i was pulled over once or twice for sitting on the speed limit......
Since Everybody drives/rides over the limit, the cops were suspicious as to why I only did 100 KPH.....

Why did I do my best NOT to be pulled over..?
What did I have to hide?...
Ah the bloody Dutch! lol It's probably all those couriers who drive without putting a toe out of line so as to not draw attention to themselves who ruined it all for you. So just how much did you have stashed away inside your "tool kit" under your seat????? ;);)

Don't forget about Mr80k who speeds up to 110+k when the passing lanes start
My pet hate is when you see that a lane is closed ahead so you merge courteously into the queue only to have other road users scream up the outside then have to shove their way in several cars in front of you. But then I just sit there and let it all flow away from me and I regain my inner calm....

monkey99
19th May 2009, 18:59
I am now intensely paranoid about biker cops in Welli..

I lane split each day (as required) but keep the speed below 50..I've really only seen bike cops twice on the welli to petone section..where are these geezers hanging out?

Laxi
19th May 2009, 19:23

may not be what you think, like the red mitsi bouble cab ute in wellington (flying squad) and the white van complete with ladder on its roof (finger prints)

6ft5
19th May 2009, 19:35
so help me out here guys, I lane split as and when the lanes slow under 30-40kmph or so and then travel at 50kmph. Legal or not?

BMWST?
19th May 2009, 20:07
fair comment, but I was on a bike and it is more dangerous for a bike to be jammed between cars, .

so what happens when you get to the end of the passing lane(river road?),then you are merging in between cars...ie as you merge in and reduce speed?.I reckon he was suggesting you DONT do that.

mikeey01
24th May 2009, 10:48
I dunno bout this one, not sure if he was being a twat or thinking of your safety as well as the other traffics safety.

NZ Police standards of conduct.
The following standards of conduct are expected of all police officers:

Honesty and integrity
Fairness and impartiality
Respect for people
Respect for confidentiality
Obedience to the law and lawful orders
Reasonable exercise of discretion
Efficient performance of duties
Not damaging the reputation or relationships of the Police

Leave the cop slinging shit out of it, our cops really are world class, one idiot doesn't make them all bad. I got a lot of resepct for the boys in blue & black, some of them have got a shit job and it's times like this mixed messages are given.
Had he pulled up beside you and explained the reason/s why he had done what he did you'd understand?

As I said I dunno bout this one, he may have responded to someone calling in a Diesel spill, saw you and thought o shit! we just don't know.
Remember they are human, pull up beside him, say gidday and have a chat you might have gotten the answer there and then.

Varkp
24th May 2009, 10:57
as clearly stated, he did not pull up next to me and explain his actions, hence the question on a public forum...DUH ..

I agree a lot of cops do a thankless job, but a few bad apples with an overdeveloped sence of power spoil it for the rest of them.

Secondly, change your tagline, 2 of those inventions are NOT italian ....

mikeey01
24th May 2009, 12:41
Hey man I'm not having a shot at ya.
I realise he did not pull up beside you, I'm suggesting "had he done so"
Completely agree re a few bad apples too, like I said in my post!

re inventions...
It's a light hearted look at it for christ sake!
To be honest it reads far better than the many Leonardo da Vinci inventions or the many other Italian inventions, the first mercury barometer, power to name just a few.

crazefox
24th May 2009, 21:14
just kick the cunt off his bike FTP

scumdog
24th May 2009, 21:40
just kick the cunt off his bike FTP

Right on brother!!

Varkp
25th May 2009, 09:13
Hey man I'm not having a shot at ya.
I realise he did not pull up beside you, I'm suggesting "had he done so"
Completely agree re a few bad apples too, like I said in my post!

re inventions...
It's a light hearted look at it for christ sake!
To be honest it reads far better than the many Leonardo da Vinci inventions or the many other Italian inventions, the first mercury barometer, power to name just a few.

RANT BUTTON ON ....
Sorry mate, just a bit fed up with all the limp wristed f'king liberals who have no backbone and believe in anything and everything that those in power positions say or/and do ...
RANT BUTTON OFF ..

and about the inventions, 2 of those were not invented by Itie's but perfected by them ....grin

owe you a beer, you name the place, i'll buy 1st round

monkey99
28th May 2009, 10:15
Can you believe they are shutting down the bike cops in the UK!?!

selling all the bikes for community iniatives.. for the reason of cop safety!!:Police:

BBC video (http://bit.ly/anO1K)

Though I am a big believer in Cop safety.. I'd rather a few became safe than selling the bike crew..