PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up GPS to Harley Ultra

rebyl
5th February 2009, 07:20
Am looking at buying a Garmin Nuvi 500 and was wondering if they will hook up to the radio via the Aux connection, that way I could hear the voice promts through the head set....TIA

Divot
9th February 2009, 08:20
Yes you can, but only the GPS and not any thing else like the radio or cd player. You should look at the Zumo 550 which is made for bikes and a much better unit. It has bluetooth. I have a zumo on my ultra and are now looking at bluetooth units.

peasea
9th February 2009, 16:45
I thought the idea of owning a motorcycle was to get lost.

P38
9th February 2009, 17:45
Yes you can, but only the GPS and not any thing else like the radio or cd player. You should look at the Zumo 550 which is made for bikes and a much better unit. It has bluetooth. I have a zumo on my ultra and are now looking at bluetooth units.

Check out the Nolan N103 N-com fitted with their latest AD2P Bluetooth kit.

I have the N102 fitted with the older mono bluetooth kit which connects to my Zumo 550 along with my Nokia phone.

I love this set up, wireless, hands free phone calls both incoming and out going, MP3 music and GPS directions.

All works well together.

AllanB
9th February 2009, 17:59
I thought the idea of owning a motorcycle was to get lost.

Its a Harley - hes probably loaded the best coffee cafes into the GPS:bleh:

Sorry - it just came out - I tried to stop it...

peasea
9th February 2009, 18:11
Its a Harley - hes probably loaded the best coffee cafes into the GPS:bleh:

Sorry - it just came out - I tried to stop it...

Whatever.
My misus and I both ride Harleys and we don't even drink coffee.

Divot
9th February 2009, 20:21
Check out the Nolan N103 N-com fitted with their latest AD2P Bluetooth kit.

I have the N102 fitted with the older mono bluetooth kit which connects to my Zumo 550 along with my Nokia phone.

I love this set up, wireless, hands free phone calls both incoming and out going, MP3 music and GPS directions.

All works well together.

Nolan make cabels to conect the Nolan head set to the Ultra Audio System

P38
9th February 2009, 21:23

Dunno about that.

But I'm loving having no cables to deal with.

Horse
9th February 2009, 22:18

Have you seen the audio gear from J&M Corp? (http://www.jmcorp.com/) They make a kit to integrate a bluetooth phone and GPS with the existing Ultra intercom/audio system (ie the corded headset) OR they make a stereo helmet bluetooth system (which can communicate with your phone and/or GPS and/or stereo A2DP bluetooth devices) and a bluetooth module for the bike that integrates with Ultra intercom/stereo.

Not cheap, but covers all the alternatives.