PDA

View Full Version : Pukekohe this weekend

69Norton
5th February 2009, 19:35
I dont know about you lot, but I still dont know what time the Racing starts....

Ixion
5th February 2009, 19:55
No idea but it's usually before lunchish on Saturday, and sort of more urgently after lunchish.

It really is the HARDEST thing to find out anything about. D day was a worse kept secret.

Motu
5th February 2009, 21:31
There is racing there as well!?? It's not,and never has been about the racing for me - it's about there being more interesting bikes than you can see in a day.I walk around the whole place about 3 times looking at bikes,then I go home.

Voltaire
6th February 2009, 06:14
There is racing there as well!?? It's not,and never has been about the racing for me - it's about there being more interesting bikes than you can see in a day.I walk around the whole place about 3 times looking at bikes,then I go home.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who only goes for the 'atmosphere' and the bikes......oh and the hot dogs n chips.....

Dodgyiti
6th February 2009, 06:22
Glad to see I'm not the only one who only goes for the 'atmosphere' and the bikes......oh and the hot dogs n chips.....

Oh yeah, I save my gold coins and spend them wisely on hot dogs and chips, gotta stop the flab holding up me pants wasting away by sweating in the hot sun all day.

DougB
7th February 2009, 18:35
I was a bit dissapointed today, programmes were sold out by 1pm so there will be none tomorrow. Speaker system went down during the afternoon so with no programme and no sound I did not know what was going on or which race was being run. A lot of fantastic bikes to oggle though, and I got some earplugs from Plugs for Lugs and listened to clear music all the way home to Hamilton.

dangerous
7th February 2009, 18:58
this is the classic meet aye?
I seen a bit on telly... the Konig of Kim newcombe's was there FFS it nearly brought a tear to my eye :Punk:

Taz
7th February 2009, 19:02
Pic thread here
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=92037

Kickaha
7th February 2009, 20:14
this is the classic meet aye?
I seen a bit on telly... the Konig of Kim newcombe's was there FFS it nearly brought a tear to my eye :Punk:

I think it is the replica Rod Tingate built and not one of Kims original bikes, still be nice to see though

dangerous
7th February 2009, 20:20
I think it is the replica Rod Tingate built and not one of Kims original bikes, still be nice to see though

Ohh ok I was asuming it was brought over from Aussi, IIRC Kims son has the bikes?

Gwinch
7th February 2009, 20:25
Ohh ok I was asuming it was brought over from Aussi, IIRC Kims son has the bikes?

It's not the actual bike Kim rode, but it's one just like it. Sounds like a very angry wasp from a distance when it's going down the pit straight.

Buckets4Me
17th February 2009, 18:39
from what I understand it was built out of spare parts that where Kim's
by a friend of the family???

so you could say it was his bike or at least parts of it where
or so I remember
and didn't his sun ride it (but not in a race)