PDA

View Full Version : Quasi KTM race mods

Quasievil
6th February 2009, 08:01
Here are some of the Mods I have done on the Race Bike, Im not an expert but have a inquistitive mind and every thing I have done has been from alot of inquiry from the ones that know, without naming names but take my word for it, just thought some others might bennifit from what I have done as its so fucking hard to find out some stuff on Motards.

Pic 1 Akropovic full titanium Exhaust, dynoed and re jetted with a 172 jet, needle in the 5th position gained me 5hp (was 45.4) so 10% is mint!!

Pic 2 Akropovic front section, pain to remove the original took the whole rear subframe of and shock as well!!

Pic 3 Those Holes in the cover are worth 1 HP !! (not recommended for dirt bikes of course)

Pic 4 Got a wheel spacer made up you will see the almost sprocket sized spacer behing the actual sprocket, its 4mm and is integrated with the sprocket itself as a backing plate, so each of my sprockets is lathed so they slot in together. IMPORTANT, if someone says pack with washers DONT DO IT 1/ it fucks your hub 2/ they come loose after 20 mins track time (experience there guys) total cost for 3 sprockets $120, you will need two front sprocket ones also one backing washer and one small one to fit under the front bolt washer (very important as the front will come loose if not installed)

Pic 5 See the nice 4mm gap I got saves the tyre big time, another hint is run your wheel slightly on the piss like 2mm that gives you even more room, you dont notice it in a 6 lap race, road might be a different story.

See my other posts shortly about tyres and kill switches.

I will add to this as I go on................

peace out

scorry
9th February 2009, 12:52
looking fecken good man

i have heard putting holes in your air box gives more power, might have to try it out for sound of thunder

hows your clearance on the right side of your rear tyre?

cheers

Quasievil
9th February 2009, 13:01
looking fecken good man

i have heard putting holes in your air box gives more power, might have to try it out for sound of thunder

hows your clearance on the right side of your rear tyre?

cheers

Hi yeah no problem on either side, its runnig sweet with no touching now so im a happy chappy

vifferman
9th February 2009, 13:07
What's with the spacer on the sprocket? Are you running a wider'n standard tyre or summat?

Quasievil
9th February 2009, 13:17
What's with the spacer on the sprocket? Are you running a wider'n standard tyre or summat?

Hi, no would ya believe a narrower tyre, the OEM fit is a 165 section tyre Im running a 160 section, its a standard thing on Motards, the swing arm is to narrow for the road tyre.
Dum as it is especially on mine as its a SMR and is NOT a offroad machine, its a factory motard racer.

weird huh

Matt Bleck
9th February 2009, 14:21
looking good! :yes:

NordieBoy
11th February 2009, 06:41
Looking like a proper racebike now :headbang:

sosman
11th February 2009, 12:11
Old pics? looks like sport attacks not race attacks!
I'm using the conti race attack streets on my 7friddy too!... Awesome tyres for my :beer:

Quasievil
11th February 2009, 12:28
Old pics? looks like sport attacks not race attacks!
I'm using the conti race attack streets on my 7friddy too!... Awesome tyres for my :beer:

You are right mate, the rear is a Sports Attack, the front is a the race attack

(bloody confusing)

I spoke to Andrew Lawrence from Darbis (he knows everything about Contis) he recommended the tyres based on compund, weight of bike and the fact it was for racing , he recommended the above for me and I have no issues with them at all, truly awesome rubber