PDA

View Full Version : Continental review

Quasievil
6th February 2009, 08:15
Im not the tyre expert but here is what I know.

1/ Im not the fastest out on the track but I aint the slowest either, and I think I go fairly hard

2/ The Continental tyres im talking about are the Race Attack front and a Sport Attack rear these are fitted to my Race Motard and where fitted in preference to the race Comps for heat up and bike weight reasons......as advised by my good man Andrew Lawrence of Darbis (he knows his shit)

To date I have done these events on this SAME SET OF TYRES

1/ Manfield tri series
2/ Wanganui Battle of the streets
3/ Taupo qualifying day
4/ Taupo Tri Series
5/ MotoTT track day
6/ Redline Trackday

All up thats a SHITLOAD of laps and track time.....like hundreds

and here is my blurb

First up, I was running Pirelli super corsas slicks SC1 front SC2 rear, they seemed fine, but I wanted a tyre that could get it on in a bit of damp to save me changing tyres to wets (no spare rims) s o I chose the Contis

I was very apprehensive at first as I kept thinking these are street tyres how will they go??? I dont have lots to say about them other than I am very very impressed

the tyre gives me excellent feed back front and rear and I find them very easy to control everything seems predicatable and steady under race pace conditions, I have had lots of rear slides ......no problem and to a lesser degree some front wheel slides at pace and again no problem, they have not let go on me once !!

As for the wet weather In race pace I would say no, stick with the wets but for a race dry condition tyre Absolutely.

Check out the photos of the wear, given the amount of race time they aint wearing fuck all !!! which is a head fuck because I think well if they aint wearing they cant be soft enough, so last trackday (yesterday) I gave them heaps to get my thinking in the right place and nope they wont let go they stick like shit to a blanket

Im running 28 in the front and 23 in the back.

Mint mint and double mint, love em

Bring on Paeroa !!!

Crasherfromwayback
6th February 2009, 08:27
I could be well wrong mate...but I would've thought 28 was far too high for the front. Did Andrew rec that pressure? If so...it'll be right...because he certainly does know his shit! So I'll then fuck up.:baby:

Quasievil
6th February 2009, 08:29
I could be well wrong mate...but I would've thought 28 was far too high for the front. Did Andrew rec that pressure? If so...it'll be right...because he certainly does know his shit! So I'll then fuck up.:baby:

lol yeah he did bro, I had a few thoughts as well but it seems good so far !

Crasherfromwayback
6th February 2009, 08:34
lol yeah he did bro, I had a few thoughts as well but it seems good so far !

Well he'll be right for sure. I may not fuck up though...I'll just talk shit elsewhere! Good to see you out there doin it mate. I'm undecided at this stage as to whether I'll get some 17" rims for my new 450. We'll see.

barryr1
11th February 2009, 19:10
These sound spot on, what sort of price are they?

Quasievil
11th February 2009, 19:26
These sound spot on, what sort of price are they?

Well like always shop around mate, I think they are very competitive for the brilliant tyre that they are, All stick and no wear gets my vote everytime.

Small edit on above I have a Race Attack front and a Sport Attack rear
Im in love with them, push and push and they stick brilliantly !!

Buy them you wont regret it

barryr1
11th February 2009, 20:14
So where do you get them? Darbis?

Quasievil
11th February 2009, 21:06
So where do you get them? Darbis?

No got them from Boyd Motorcycles in Hamilton, any decent bike shop could get them tho