PDA

View Full Version : Classic Festival - Pukekohe

tri boy
7th February 2009, 16:23
Racing and displays were cool.
Weather, and chicks in leather were hot hot hot.
End of report.
Post ya pics.:cool:

tri boy
7th February 2009, 16:25

Taz
7th February 2009, 17:05
Some pics from today - Saturday 7 feb, 2009

Taz
7th February 2009, 17:09
More............

Taz
7th February 2009, 17:11
Even more..........

3rd pic are my twins and their friend.

Gwinch
7th February 2009, 17:12
Huh, you found my Benelli. First post, bike number 707. Didn't get it running on the track so with some makeshift tapery we got my number on another bike instead. Bloody things shudder damn good at 9k+ rpm!

Taz
7th February 2009, 17:14
And even more.........

Taz
7th February 2009, 17:16
and yet even more.......:yawn:

Taz
7th February 2009, 17:19
Guess what????????? more......

Taz
7th February 2009, 17:20
Huh, you found my Benelli. First post, bike number 707. Didn't get it running on the track so with some makeshift tapery we got my number on another bike instead. Bloody things shudder damn good at 9k+ rpm!

Even if it didn't run it was extremely pretty. Nicely presented. :niceone:

dangerous
7th February 2009, 19:10
KONIG... weres the bloody pic of the Konig man? :scooter:

ps: love the MG side car

MotoKuzzi
7th February 2009, 19:17
Watched a couple of races from the roadside on my way home from Puke. Awesome spectacle and ooooh that noise.

Taz
7th February 2009, 19:23

I didn't see that old boat........ Not sure where it was.

Kickaha
7th February 2009, 19:58

Johnny Blaymires outfit, he's 2x NZ F1 sidecar champion, the BMW outfit is Sidecarbobs, probably ridden by thet Homo Scrivy

There was a pic of the Konig in another thread, there's about 3 so far

Taz
8th February 2009, 06:25
Well the classic meet I was at there was a Britten that done 5 laps or so, some on the back wheel!! Stroudy is the man. Slow laps tho 1:19's lol

What time?? Must have got it going after I left?

Dutchee
8th February 2009, 07:01
Was at the end of the day, after the last race, so sometime after 5. (I don't wear a watch, time is irrelevant).
People we spoke to commented how busy it was. I didn't think it was but don't usually go on Saturday. Definitely didn't seem as many bikes in the carpark as usual, but today will probably be busier.
Heck TV3 even gave more than half a second of coverage on the news (TV1 was showing downhill mountain biking so that had caught my eye then onto boring rugby or something, so switched back to 3).

HenryDorsetCase
8th February 2009, 09:01
Guess what????????? more......

Thanks for sharing your photos! You didnt get a phone number for the redhead standing behind the CB1100R by chance? ;)

tri boy
8th February 2009, 10:48

4th pic in my photo's next to the Britten.
Sure sounded sweet between the hair pin, and through to the front straight.:Punk:
The Norton Cossy sounded like it was geared too tall, as it struggled to pull out of the hair pin.

tri boy
8th February 2009, 10:56
A couple of other Konig pic's, and others.

Taz
8th February 2009, 12:15
Thanks for sharing your photos! You didnt get a phone number for the redhead standing behind the CB1100R by chance? ;)

No she wouldn't give me her number once she knew I had twins...... Dunno why?

And that CB1100R is a CBX1000 6 cylinder with CB1100R clothes on :)

MIXONE
8th February 2009, 12:24
No she wouldn't give me her number once she knew I had twins...... Dunno why?

I saw an old guy do a burnout on that at a Sulphur City rally back in the 80's and fell in love with it.
Good to see it's still alive.
Thanks for the photos mate.I wish I was there.

Dodgyiti
8th February 2009, 15:28
Yeah, thanks Anthrax. I did not bring my camera as I thought 'er indoors was going to show up with her super duper camera and gear, but alas not.
What a good day the Sunday was, hot and luckily not that crowded. If you held an event of that calibre in the South Island it would be packed. Aucklanders can't be arsed going to anything that far out of town unless there are V8's there doing processional 'racing'.

Big Dave
8th February 2009, 15:37
Fear not - Dave is here.

Chooky
8th February 2009, 16:26
Pic I took of the Britten from the stand today on my box brownie..
Probably wrong forum but Mr Mod can shift it.... {He wasn't racing}. :)

JimO
8th February 2009, 16:27
he doing a backwards wheelstand??;)

Ixion
8th February 2009, 16:29
The Britten, the Konig, and the Weslake ended up having their own unofficial race!

dangerous
8th February 2009, 16:38
Fear not - Dave is here.
bloody hell... every time the brittin is run down here its putted around at the speed of a solex... :rolleyes:

Fark me... so it is, loving it (could do with a few tidy ups tho like loose the massive indercators and lower the body work)

The Britten, the Konig, and the Weslake ended up having their own unofficial race!

'Weslake' tell me more?
so who won LOL :apint:

Big Dave
8th February 2009, 16:46
he doing a backwards wheelstand??;)

Not only backwards- ignore the date typo - will fix later.

calmone
8th February 2009, 16:50
Went out Saturday and was suprised at how many spectators were there. I felt attendance numbers both competitors and spectators was high.

The Konig sounded good and went well. The cossie was a little off the pace, I was told they had some gearbox problems.

Possibly the last Classic meet at Puke. I definetely need to get my KSS Velo finished to boost the numbers as Norton and 3T Triumphs are breeding like rabbits.

Voltaire
8th February 2009, 16:54
Great Day out, good to see Dodgie up and about on his Guzzi after his boating incident.

I saw Ixions bike at the track side of the ovehead walkway...with lots of straw on it....:gob:

Hot dogs and chips were yummy.....can't wait for Paeora racing.....RSA, chips, hot dog and Waikato for lunch....oh and racing.:woohoo:

Chooky
8th February 2009, 17:04
Nother one from the stand....

Ixion
8th February 2009, 17:05
so who won LOL :apint:

Sorry. Cosworth. Got Weslake on the brain. The Britten won, but the Konig was gaining fast. Another couple of laps, and a different result maybe.

Ixion
8th February 2009, 17:07
Great Day out, good to see Dodgie up and about on his Guzzi after his boating incident.

I saw Ixions bike at the track side of the ovehead walkway...with lots of straw on it....:gob:

Hot dogs and chips were yummy.....can't wait for Paeora racing.....RSA, chips, hot dog and Waikato for lunch....oh and racing.:woohoo:

I rocked up to some dude on a black and gold Darmah and said, "J'essai que vous etes Monsieur Voltaire, bonjour". And he just looked at me with a WTF expression. Must be another one of them around.

Motu
8th February 2009, 17:46
Did you take the GT500 today Les? I saw a red one in the bike park.I saw you stuffing your face,but was busy talking to someone else.Man,I saw some people today! I'd bump into someone,turn around and there would be someone behind me.Big Dave was riding around on a 250cc Rocket 3...well,it looked like a 250 with him on it.I parked my bike up on the hill hidden amongst some Guzzi's.

The only bikes that made me pull my camera out was this Trident streettracker and the Norton Rotary.

Ixion
8th February 2009, 17:50
Yes . That was me. Scrap iron yesterday and Jap crap today. I looked at all the airheads I could see, but none of them looked perverted or mongrelised to be designated as Motued. You must have hidden well.

Did you see the Stornello? How's your's getting on.

Voltaire
8th February 2009, 18:19
I rocked up to some dude on a black and gold Darmah and said, "J'essai que vous etes Monsieur Voltaire, bonjour". And he just looked at me with a WTF expression. Must be another one of them around.

WTF.... I only spoke to a some guys by the Darmah when I arrived, somehow I think I'd recall someone asking me in French if I was Voltaire?.....:hug:
However I don't recall seeing another Darmah.
Next Sunday....I'll be wearing a trilby with a copy of the Evening Standard under ny left arm with a red rose thru my left lapel.
The code phrase is " terribly nice day for a spin on the 500GTL"
and I reply " I hope you brought the multi meter":ride:

Motu
8th February 2009, 18:28
Yes,I had it well hidden...although there was a GS and R100 nearby to keep it company.I distributed Stornello pictures with the Guzzi types...and left the R65 next to the Guzzi's to discuss air cooling,twin cylinders,2 valves and pushrods etc.....I expect electrics were quietly ignored in their conversation.

I saw no GT750's this year,normally there are about half a dozen.A couple of nice really well used K75's,and one nice K75 trike.Airheads I have ignored for years,today they all got checked out.It's good to expand your horizons.

Ixion
8th February 2009, 20:46
Ah, but you was up on the Hill. I wouldn't go up there , that's the snobs up there, wouldn't do for the likes of me to be pushing my way in there, I knows my place I does.

Bugger all two smokers at all, Phoebe was lonely.

I wasn't going to take her, I was going to take the scrap iron collection again, but when I did a quick round the block , just to start it up, for some reaon she decided that today was a good day and that she would run really well. Two smokers are like women , temperamental, and when you encounter one that's in the mood you don't want to waste the opportunity.

Lots of Harleys, you wouldn't think they'd be interested, would you. But, conversely, bugger all metric crusiers.

I liked the little Ambassador Villiers trials bike. And there was a nice neat D1 Bantam whizzing about, ridden by a young bloke (with girl friend) who seemed to be having a truck load of fun. I'm sure the Bantam was the funnest bike ever made.

There was also a Guzzi Context or Converse or some such name, never seen one before, I really liked it. Very angular styling, if the Ancient Greeks had made bikes they'd have looked like that. Some of those 650 Guzzis too, they always look neat and tidy, I wonder if they are any good. I think I'm going all pushrod.

Saturday, I desparately needed moar water, I nearly expired. So today I made sure I had moar moar water. I ended up guzzling three big bottles of water and three cans of V , and needed every drop.

Big Dave
9th February 2009, 17:00
What sort of Cosworth is it Ix?

Kickaha
9th February 2009, 17:29
What sort of Cosworth is it Ix?

Probably this one
http://www.khulsey.com/motorcycles/_norton_cosworth_challenge_750_racer.html

dangerous
9th February 2009, 18:43
There was also a Guzzi Context or Converse or some such name, never seen one before, I really liked it. Very angular styling, if the Ancient Greeks had made bikes they'd have looked like that. Some of those 650 Guzzis too, they always look neat and tidy, I wonder if they are any good. I think I'm going all pushrod.

Thats 'Convert' ya bloody wally... and they came in automatic's 1000cc

The 650's were all 4valve heads, fast and grunty but did have issues as there was a lot going on in them wee heads, most will be sorted by now Id think.

opps sorry ya got me :niceone:

Ixion
9th February 2009, 18:47
NAh, didn't look like any of them, they just look ordinary. This was all sort of squareish. And grey. Yeah , Convert, that's what it said, knew it was something like. And it said 1100cc. Had nice neat coordinated panniers too. Also square. Very square.

'N some pictures, not of Guzzis though. (oh yeah, there is one )

Lots'a boikes
Very nice 61 Bonnie. Envy.
Nice old Squariel, prewar
Moto Guzzi
Elderly Douglas. Seemed to go OK . It's cylinders are even mor eperverted than a Moto Guzzi
Now THAT'S targeted advertisng. How did they know what I was riding?

Motu
9th February 2009, 19:00
Wasn't that one with the black heat wrap on the 2 into 1 was it? Not what I'd call tidy at all....I had to go back for a 2nd and 3rd look at that one.I was impressed,I always like well ridden bikes,rather than well cleaned bikes.

Ixion
9th February 2009, 19:01
Couple more

It's a diesel
This guy was having more fun than anyone. Bantams are the funnest bike ever made

Ixion
9th February 2009, 19:03
Wasn't that one with the black heat wrap on the 2 into 1 was it? Not what I'd call tidy at all....I had to go back for a 2nd and 3rd look at that one.I was impressed,I always like well ridden bikes,rather than well cleaned bikes.

Nay, I saw that one too. The Converty thingy was squarey. And grey. All greyey and squarey and Guzzi

Did yoiu see the Triumph combo. Complete with full size tow hitch. Started out as a pre unit Tbird. Now THAT looked like it had travelled far, and hard. Respect. (It was grey too. But not squarey)

dangerous
9th February 2009, 19:04
It's a diesel
and in the back ground to the right its a Rosso Corsa :2thumbsup

NAh, didn't look like any of them, they just look ordinary. This was all sort of squareish. And grey. Yeah , Convert, that's what it said, knew it was something like. And it said 1100cc. Had nice neat coordinated panniers too. Also square. Very square.

Moto Guzzi

Well the convert only came as a 1000 and only looked like this...
the Guzzi you post I think you will find is a Moto Morni :Punk:

Ixion
9th February 2009, 19:11
Nay. The cylinders on that picture are all roundy, the one I saw the cylinders were sort of squarey. Well, probably octagonal actually . And the back of the seat was level with the top of the rear light unit, a bit like the old Suzuki X7. And it was grey and squarey.

Moto Morini, the cylinders are the proper way round like respectable bikes, not perverted like the Guzzis.

Big Dave
9th February 2009, 19:27
I think you will find is a Moto Morni :Punk:

They go well with Tuna.

dangerous
9th February 2009, 19:33
Nay. The cylinders on that picture are all roundy, the one I saw the cylinders were sort of squarey. Well, probably octagonal actually . And the back of the seat was level with the top of the rear light unit, a bit like the old Suzuki X7. And it was grey and squarey.

Moto Morini, the cylinders are the proper way round like respectable bikes, not perverted like the Guzzis.

Then it has had a square fin 1100 enging put in it and personlised like a lot of the mgsti do.

Morini and Guzzi both do singles that pic you showed is a single is it not?

Ixion
9th February 2009, 19:45
The cylinders were like these ones, cept this is a car. All sort of squarey, it matched the rest of the bike, it was all grey and squarey . It said Moto Guzzi on it. And Convert and 1100 .

dangerous
9th February 2009, 20:19
The cylinders were like these ones, cept this is a car. All sort of squarey, it matched the rest of the bike, it was all grey and squarey . It said Moto Guzzi on it. And Convert and 1100 . yeah, so we agree that the square fin 1100 has been put in a old convert thats painted grey and is all square n shit right?

Motu
9th February 2009, 20:30
Did yoiu see the Triumph combo. Complete with full size tow hitch. Started out as a pre unit Tbird. Now THAT looked like it had travelled far, and hard. Respect. (It was grey too. But not squarey)

By the fence? That's Brian Mill's bike,he's had it forever...and just does what the hell he likes with it.To many ''Millsy'' modifications to list.He worked at the NZR workshops for yonks....don't bother asking where he found the time,the materials and the equipment to do it all.I saw his bike,but couldn't find him - most likely deep into some bike in the pits.

Voltaire
9th February 2009, 20:51
yeah, so we agree that the square fin 1100 has been put in a old convert thats painted grey and is all square n shit right?

All original as far as I know ( and thats not much), dodgyiti might like to confirm this as its his.....:sherlock:
6k he's asking for it....would seem like a whole lottttttta bike for that

Ixion
9th February 2009, 21:04
Yeah , I saw it was for sale. Satan rose before me, and tempted me , like Christ on the mount. Only the image of Mrs Ixion, saying "WHAT. Not ANOTHER one" steeled me. Retro me Sathanas.

Ixion
9th February 2009, 21:08
yeah, so we agree that the square fin 1100 has been put in a old convert thats painted grey and is all square n shit right?

Well, yes. But the whole may be more than the sum of the parts. Patrician, that's the word I was looking for, you could tell it was Italian, but not that voluptuous noisey Italian, like most Italians and their bikes, but that cool, even cold, patrician demeanour that one sees only in VERY old Roman families - the ones where you can't help vaguely wondering if they trace their line all the way back to the Republic. That's what it reminded me of, all grey and squarey.

Voltaire
9th February 2009, 21:39
Well, yes. But the whole may be more than the sum of the parts. Patrician, that's the word I was looking for, you could tell it was Italian, but not that voluptuous noisey Italian, like most Italians and their bikes, but that cool, even cold, patrician demeanour that one sees only in VERY old Roman families - the ones where you can't help vaguely wondering if they trace their line all the way back to the Republic. That's what it reminded me of, all grey and squarey.

I could see Caesar on one..." Vēnī, vīdī, vīcī coverti "

" I came, I saw, i conquered,I Converted "

" Brutus...choke....gasp....I was only joking about the 500GTL...."

Ixion
9th February 2009, 21:41
Wozza 500GTL ?

Ixion
9th February 2009, 21:42

Cheekbones. That's what that bike had , splendid cheekbones.

Kickaha
9th February 2009, 22:04
Wozza 500GTL ?

One of these thingys

Ixion
9th February 2009, 22:07
Ah. Red. And sort of bumpy. Not patrician at all. Quite vulgar in fact. I gather it was a BadThing.

Big Dave
9th February 2009, 22:49
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vrUkVqxpK9g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vrUkVqxpK9g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Max Headroom
10th February 2009, 07:22
Ah. Red. And sort of bumpy. Not patrician at all. Quite vulgar in fact. I gather it was a BadThing.

Perhaps we could summarise by saying that the 500GTL, due to its many and varied failings is NOT considered one of Ducati's sought-after models.....

Taz
10th February 2009, 12:06
Nay, I saw that one too. The Converty thingy was squarey. And grey. All greyey and squarey and Guzzi

The convert was one of Dogdyiti"s guzzi's.

Dodgyiti
10th February 2009, 15:41
Big thanks again to everyone for all the pictures, keep 'em coming!

Big Dave, great clip too, thank you for that as I missed the Konieg in action and never heard it running. Great stuff. Much appreciated.

As for the Convert, yep- that's my one and it is stock standard right down to the paint colour. Thanks to everyone who knew me doing all the interested buyer crank calls while I was there. Jeese I know some dipsticks.

Motu- my farmer mate was impressed with your 'big wheel'
He was only just commenting on how much he liked the R65 because they rev better than the bigger boxers and how good they are on the gravel. Then he saw yours and said 'perfect' which is about the best compliment you will ever get out of the crusty bugger.

Max- sorry to have missed you there, could only make it on the Sunday.

Vollie- as mentioned, dipstick. Now you gotta buy it.:yes:

Anthrax- my cluster of GuzziCronies liked your ride, can't wait till it is finished.
I lied to them about how much it owes you just to wind them up. For future reference it owes you 4 grand ok?:Oops:

SPman
10th February 2009, 17:18
Wozza 500GTL ?
The Ducati disaster that nobody would talk about, for a long...long....time!

dangerous
10th February 2009, 18:42
As for the Convert, yep- that's my one and it is stock standard right down to the paint colour.
OHHHHH man dont say that I already look like a twat LOL, ok so inlighten me... I want a year, production number and some blooy photos ok... 1100 square barrel convert indead?
I can see the arse end of it in ya profile pic, but that aint good enough.

Motu
10th February 2009, 19:09
Motu- my farmer mate was impressed with your 'big wheel'
He was only just commenting on how much he liked the R65 because they rev better than the bigger boxers and how good they are on the gravel. Then he saw yours and said 'perfect' which is about the best compliment you will ever get out of the crusty bugger.

So that was you hanging out with the Waihekeians - I wondered how you knew about my bike...we normally stay away from public gatherings.I couldn't find Pete and Debby,but found their bikes with Geoff's and parked next to them and figured I'd find them later.Had a good reunion with Geoff down in the bike park.

dangerous
10th February 2009, 19:31
The Britten, the Konig, and the cosworth ended up having their own unofficial race! Ok so I know the Britten,
I know the story behind the Konig however I thought it was a V4... weres all the pipes the pic's just show 0ne pipe?
Cosworth... I googled it and got nothing but shit on Ford and a piston maker... tell me more please

Kickaha
10th February 2009, 19:59
Ok so I know the Britten,
I know the story behind the Konig however I thought it was a V4...
You thought wrong then

Cosworth... I googled it and got nothing but shit on Ford and a piston maker... tell me more please

Already put the link up earlier
http://www.khulsey.com/motorcycles/_norton_cosworth_challenge_750_racer.html

dangerous
10th February 2009, 20:07
I know the story behind the Konig however I thought it was a V4...

You thought wrong then Seems I was right... from a newcombe web site The Konig was based on a 500cc German water-cooled four cylinder two-stroke boat engine. First built in 1969 the prototype was mated to a Manx Norton gearbox and clutch. Power was usable between 7-9,000 rpm and the engine produced 68bhp.

digsaw
10th February 2009, 20:14
Just a few pics taken pre breakfast on a walk around the pits

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j150/dignz/Pukekohe%20Classic%20Festival%202009/?action=view&current=4fc215e6.pbw&t=1234161624

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j150/dignz/Pukekohe%20Classic%20Festival%202009/?action=view&current=84582784.pbw&t=1234165894

Voltaire
10th February 2009, 20:18
Seems I was right... from a newcombe web site The Konig was based on a 500cc German water-cooled four cylinder two-stroke boat engine. First built in 1969 the prototype was mated to a Manx Norton gearbox and clutch. Power was usable between 7-9,000 rpm and the engine produced 68bhp.

It was hard to see beyond the fairing but it is a 4 cylinder motor, two facing forward and two backwards.

Kickaha
10th February 2009, 20:21
Seems I was right... from a newcombe web site The Konig was based on a 500cc German water-cooled four cylinder two-stroke boat engine. First built in 1969 the prototype was mated to a Manx Norton gearbox and clutch. Power was usable between 7-9,000 rpm and the engine produced 68bhp.

Flat 4, not a V4

dangerous
11th February 2009, 05:11
Flat 4, not a V4
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... shit, ok 1 point to you damn nab it.

But still were are the pipes, or did Kimie have some idea that a 2-1x2 or 4-1 wa the way to go?

sidecar bob
11th February 2009, 05:44
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... shit, ok 1 point to you damn nab it.

But still were are the pipes, or did Kimie have some idea that a 2-1x2 or 4-1 wa the way to go?

I gave Rod Tingate a hand with the Konig on the weekend & got a proper close up look at it.
The exhaust ports on each pair of cylnders face upwards side by side & the pipes join together almost immediately & enter one chamber for each pair of cylnders which travel out under the seat & exit below & the tailpiece on each side completely un muffled.
Rod said that there are few drawbacks with that arrangment providing the pipes join together very close to the port.
It seems that the main reason for using this system was a lack of space for four chambers under the tank.

scrivy
11th February 2009, 08:16
I gave Rod Tingate a hand with the Konig on the weekend & got a proper close up look at it.
The exhaust ports on each pair of cylnders face upwards side by side & the pipes join together almost immediately & enter one chamber for each pair of cylnders which travel out under the seat & exit below & the tailpiece on each side completely un muffled.
Rod said that there are few drawbacks with that arrangment providing the pipes join together very close to the port.
It seems that the main reason for using this system was a lack of space for four chambers under the tank.

Ahhh yes...... you and ya ol mate Rod!! You gave him the learn with the carburetors eh Bob!! He'd have seized that beautiful machine it if it wasn't for you!! Top effort dude!! :yes::woohoo:

Big Dave
12th February 2009, 17:54
KR report almost finished - results weren't posted last time I looked.

http://www.kiwirider.co.nz/classics/classics.html

jsm
6th March 2009, 16:27
Racing and displays were cool.
Weather, and chicks in leather were hot hot hot.
End of report.
Post ya pics.:cool:

New to your forum, had to join to see the pictures from P, thanks for posting:eek5::eek5::eek5:

locatelli
1st April 2009, 20:52
Some more shots of the Konig

dwnundabkr
2nd April 2009, 18:10
thanks for the vids big dave awesome, i was unable to make it so thanks for sharing
dont the old girls sound great, man i missed it, shit shit bugga