PDA

View Full Version : carver's new ride!

carver
8th February 2009, 16:10
i got me a yamaha BWS 100.
i sold the jog to zeroindex, that jog does 75kph after i worked it a bit

time from project yamaha BWS100.
be nice to make it go off the clock (140+)

EJK
8th February 2009, 16:12
Bee Wee 100... Congratulations Carver. Can it do mean wheelies?

carver
8th February 2009, 16:14
Bee Wee 100... Congratulations Carver. Can it do mean wheelies?

its ok for em, new clutch springs would make it more savage, which is what im after, to make it uberhardcore

wbks
8th February 2009, 16:38
Ubergay. Does it come with its own funstick attached?

carver
8th February 2009, 16:39
Ubergay. Does it come with its own funstick attached?

uberpwnge

when its finished

wbks
8th February 2009, 16:41
Are you going to do the coro loop on it? Pass some R6's?

carver
8th February 2009, 16:45
Are you going to do the coro loop on it? Pass some R6's?

R6's are gay.

i can do that on a VTR 250.

it needs

uberhorsepower

and

uberhandling

wbks
8th February 2009, 16:50
Then it needs,

uberclipon's
and
uber nsr250 engine transplant

Which will require

Larger testicular fortitude

and

numero sets of leathers and

SHOEI's...

It will 0wn y0u n00B

FJRider
8th February 2009, 16:59
i got me a yamaha BWS 100.
i sold the jog to zeroindex, that jog does 75kph after i worked it a bit

time from project yamaha BWS100.
be nice to make it go off the clock (140+)

A turbo... nitros... mix up a higher octane fuel load ... no worries.

Should be able to do the Coro loop on one wheel in third.... standing up...

wbks
8th February 2009, 17:03
WWII planes had experimentation with mechanically supercharged - twin turbo charged - nitrous oxide systems in planes. You should try that, carver.

Maybe just a single 30 or so lb turbo, which should spool at about 23, 000 revs?

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 17:15
You've got nothing on the RX... well actually you do, I blew the engine today! :baby:

wbks
8th February 2009, 17:20
Hahahahaha so I should have went today, I could have beaten you anyway! You're lucky I'm too budget to pay for all the fee's yet...

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 19:08
WWII planes had experimentation with mechanically supercharged - twin turbo charged - nitrous oxide systems in planes. You should try that, carver.

Maybe just a single 30 or so lb turbo, which should spool at about 23, 000 revs?

Supercharged so they could idle, turbocharged to get a bit more horse out of the high altitudes, right? What'd the nos be for? Take off, so the turbo's spool or?

How did they bleed the excess pressure from the turbo's back then? I'm guessing a hand controlled BOV or something.

Interesting. I'm off for a read.

Dave-
8th February 2009, 19:13
tail tidy yeah?

Dean
8th February 2009, 19:13
Hey carver ive got a better idea for your new project/bike why not just buy a honda dio and strap a big black dildo on the seat and ride over those speed bumps.Oh and ride it down K road im sure you will attract alot of attention hahahahahahahahaaa.and listen to sex bomb when your riding through ponsonby i know you love it over there lmao rofling

merv
8th February 2009, 19:18
Classy man, classy.

After my holiday to Europe I can tell you the place for the crew would be Rome. 24/7 the scooter grand prix goes on with them always filtering to the front at lights to then try and drag each other off in about an 8 abreast race.

Main weapon of choice seemded to be SH Hondas from 125i to 300i and no matter whether it was the guys or the chicks on them the race was the same and cornering was just crazy on the bumpy cobbled streets.

Fuel injected yippee. :banana:

Notice the cages and pedestrians are relegated to second place at best.

wbks
8th February 2009, 19:18
Supercharged so they could idle, turbocharged to get a bit more horse out of the high altitudes, right? What'd the nos be for? Take off, so the turbo's spool or?

How did they bleed the excess pressure from the turbo's back then? I'm guessing a hand controlled BOV or something.

Interesting. I'm off for a read.Well I couldn't really comment on much of that because it was my dad who told me about it a few times, he probably knows the purpose behind it but I don't. NOS to get it into higher revs and spool the turbos sounds about right but from what I understand they were designed to stay at reasonably constant revs, not like a bike, so they would make the power available at an easy rev range. So I think the turbo's + NOS was just general power, I can't imagine a 5+liter monstrous engine would take revving higher than it can naturally very well. I'm sure there are plenty of WW2 dedicated sites that could explain it. I'm more interested in the radial engine that actually moved, and had a stationary crank, and had a series of 40 or so cc cylinders that made up under 200 cc's (?) and made 40 or so hp that long ago

davebullet
8th February 2009, 19:22
Where the hell do you put your feet when wheeling something like that?

Would be fun to do a wheelie through a uni carpark next to all the nOObs parked up.

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 19:31
Well I couldn't really comment on much of that because it was my dad who told me about it a few times, he probably knows the purpose behind it but I don't. NOS to get it into higher revs and spool the turbos sounds about right but from what I understand they were designed to stay at reasonably constant revs, not like a bike, so they would make the power available at an easy rev range. So I think the turbo's + NOS was just general power, I can't imagine a 5+liter monstrous engine would take revving higher than it can naturally very well. I'm sure there are plenty of WW2 dedicated sites that could explain it. I'm more interested in the radial engine that actually moved, and had a stationary crank, and had a series of 40 or so cc cylinders that made up under 200 cc's (?) and made 40 or so hp that long ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger
About the last 5th of the article explains the usage on planes. Quite nifty, really. As for your radial engine, still hunting.

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 19:34
Found on radials.
Originally radial engines had one row of cylinders, but as engine sizes increased it became necessary to add extra rows. Most did not exceed two rows, but the largest radial engine ever built in quantity, the Pratt & Whitney Wasp Major, was a 28-cylinder 4-row radial engine used in many large aircraft designs in the post-World War II period. The USSR also built a limited number of 'Zvezda' engines with up to 56 cylinders. The 112-cylinder diesel boat engines featuring 16 rows with 7 banks of cylinders, bore of 160 mm (6.3 in), stroke of 170 mm (6.7 in), and total displacement of 392 liters (23,931 in³). The engine produced 10,000 hp (7,500 kW) at 2,000 rpm.
I wonder what that motherfucking behemoth weighed.

How would this moving engine work? How was it lubricated under centrifugal force, fed fuel and how'd the crankcase design work.
MUST FIND.

wbks
8th February 2009, 19:39
I've already been told more than wiki can say on radials mate, by two generations of people into that stuff, one of which who was actually around that kind of stuff.

koba
8th February 2009, 19:42
If it is anything like the good ol A it will own the road!

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 19:42
I've already been told more than wiki can say on radials mate, by two generations of people into that stuff, one of which who was actually around that kind of stuff.
Ah all good. Was mostly cooking the copypasta for myself out of interest.
Ya lucky bugger!
I wouldn't mind a radial engine in a dirt bugger or sommat, shit'd be awesome.

wbks
8th February 2009, 19:45
If I remember right Jesse James had a radial chopper he made a year or two ago. Wasn't a rotating one but a fuckin beast anyhow. Go google it.

kevfromcoro
8th February 2009, 20:22
jees mate ..what are you up to now....i see iam going to have to get you up to coromandel ..and get some good gold down ya throught...
well its entertaining..keep us posted.
KEV

Dean
8th February 2009, 20:25
jees mate.... i am going to have to get you up to coromandel ..and get some good gold down ya throught...
its entertaining
KEV

:jerry: I COULDNT HELP IT LOL

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 20:28
You obviously got home without any attention from the :Police:....

Which way did you go?

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 20:31
Hey carver ive got a better idea for your new project/bike why not just buy a honda dio and strap a big black dildo on the seat and ride over those speed bumps.Oh and ride it down K road im sure you will attract alot of attention hahahahahahahahaaa.and listen to sex bomb when your riding through ponsonby i know you love it over there lmao rofling

you need some new material dude, your game is weak.

wbks
8th February 2009, 20:38
I'm kind of glad I didn't notice that post. How old are you again, youngbiker?

Dean
8th February 2009, 20:48
you need some new material dude, your game is weak.

I'm kind of glad I didn't notice that post. How old are you again, youngbiker?

it was a joke to carver, he doesent mind having a bit of a harmless taunting.
And wbks how old are you???

wbks
8th February 2009, 20:54
Really? A joke?! You just come off a little... Retarded? When you make some of those posts. Makes you sound a little slow for your age group. I'm 45 and a half...

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 20:55
it was a joke to carver, he doesent mind having a bit of a harmless taunting.
And wbks how old are you???

your jokes are dry bro, take a drink, maybe some L&P will do.

wbks
8th February 2009, 20:57
Ye, what he said... And a bunch of Brohiem nonsense X2...

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 20:58

Ha ha, lol. Cause L&P is liquid, and he's dry I get it I get it!

:corn:

Dean
8th February 2009, 21:01

Ye, what he said... And a bunch of Brohiem nonsense X2...

ive taken a drink , when is the last time you guys have had a beer im thinking 20 years ago
wbks maybe you should go to coromandell and get gold shoved down your throat or atleast thats what that guy said to you
nah you guys dont take this personally right?? its the internet after all

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:04
I'm not quite sure what you just said and I can't be bothered deciphering it but maybe you're a little too lubricated. Drunk poster?

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 21:10
ive taken a drink , when is the last time you guys have had a beer im thinking 20 years ago
wbks maybe you should go to coromandell and get gold shoved down your throat or atleast thats what that guy said to you
nah you guys dont take this personally right?? its the internet after all

20 years ago i was 2, I had a beer the other day though, one I paid for myself - not stolen from my old mans stash.

It may be the internet, but it has been proven time and time again that people are quite like their online personas, no matter how much they dislike the fact. I invite you to prove me wrong.

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:13
I thought you were an old guy!

Dean
8th February 2009, 21:14
20 years ago i was 2, I had a beer the other day though, one I paid for myself - not stolen from my old mans stash.

It may be the internet, but it has been proven time and time again that people are quite like their online personas, no matter how much they dislike the fact. I invite you to prove me wrong.

So your 22 years old but your username is r6 "KID" obviously youre right you are like your online personas.And i dont steal from my old mans stash i steal from mostlikely yours thanks for the steinlager guys!!

Dean
8th February 2009, 21:16
I thought you were an old guy!

I thought you were a nice person until i found out you would highlight everything i say and call me stupid on the forums.:nono:

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:18
So your 22 years old but your username is r6 "KID" obviously youre right you are like your online personasOOOOOOOOOH SHIT...

R6Kid...

You gona be alright bro? Recover fine? I'm here if you need to talk about it...

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:20
I thought you were a nice person until i found out you would highlight everything i say and call me stupid on the forums.:nono:
I wasn't talking to you, shithead

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 21:25
:girlfight:

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 21:28
So your 22 years old but your username is r6 "KID" obviously youre right you are like your online personas.And i dont steal from my old mans stash i steal from mostlikely yours thanks for the steinlager guys!!

Yes I am 22, the correct english is you're - as in you are. Yes my username is R6_kid, i'm glad you can read. You're not much different to you're online name either 'youngbiker16'. My stash is Stella Artois, and those with taste would drink Steinlager Pure, but i'm afraid to admit that I do like a Double Brown from time to time.

You should come on the ATNR and meet some people in person.

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:28
Anyway... What mods are you going to do to it, carver? I'm assuming they make some aftermarket pipe for it and jet it to match, and from there port it if you wanted to be serious? I think you should make a MFSC full factory version.

And whats ATNR?

EJK
8th February 2009, 21:31

If you are messing with R6_Kid, then you are messing with the wrong guy.

He made skidmark run.

If you know who skidmark is...

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 21:31
Anyway... What mods are you going to do to it, carver? I'm assuming they make some aftermarket pipe for it and jet it to match, and from there port it if you wanted to be serious? I think you should make a MFSC full factory version.

I'm with this guy here. Not to say you should throw a small lump of gold at it, but does a sleeper scooter not appeal to everyone else here? :Punk:

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:32
I heard skidmark cried at a KB party, so I don't think making him run is any great achievement...

EJK
8th February 2009, 21:33
I think that was R6_Kid too

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 21:36
I think that was R6_Kid too

EJ is the man. And a sleeper scooter would kick ass. I suprised a few guys at school with my old vespa back in teh day, only good up to 70kmh but it got there pretty quick!

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:37
Oh damn whats going on there... Anyway - A full on sleeper scooter that can put down low 11 sec 400m times would be awesome. Anyone else think he should put a widowmaker engine into it? Seriously, If I get around to doing some more TIG this year, and come into a bit of cash... I'm going to make a sleeper scooter haha.

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 21:39
Oh damn whats going on there... Anyway - A full on sleeper scooter that can put down low 11 sec 400m times would be awesome. Anyone else think he should put a widowmaker engine into it?

Surely you're not thinking a TL thou?
That's far too ott. Imagine the handling at 250k's :Pokey:

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 21:41
there was a vid somewhere of vespa frame with a GPZ900 motor mounted where your feet would normally go, was chain driven to the back wheel which was on a custom swingarm. Mental doesnt start to do it justice.

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:42
No, a kawasaki 750 two stroke tripple renowned for having killed MANY of its test riders, and aparantly 3/4 of them brought into NZ were totaled in the first few years they were on the road. I think with some suspension changes and good tires they could do high 10 second runs? Fast for a bike made in the 70's...

Ixion
8th February 2009, 21:49
Not quite. The Widowmaker was the 500cc Kawasaki Mach III triple two stroke. They did indeed kill a lot of riders. I owned one, it tried to kill me every time I took it out, used to hear it in the gargre at night rattling its pistons as it dreamed up new homocidal tricks.

Fast as a randy tom cat with a red hot poker up its arse , but lethal. I decided that I preferred living and sold it. Found the remains in a wreckers a year later - didn't kill the guy I sold it to, killed the next one.

The 750 cc version , which came later (and had extras, like brakes) was actually much easier and safer to ride. There were reports that some people even successfully got the 750 to go round corners without throwing the rider off, which you had no chance of on the 500.

wbks
8th February 2009, 21:54
"
Fast as a randy tom cat with a red hot poker up its arse" baahahahahahahahah...

I was laughing untill "didn't kill the guy I sold it to, killed the next one." which actually sounds pretty mencacing... Does it make me stupid to say their record makes me want to get one later this year when I get my full? Guess so... I remember you mentioned that a while ago but I'd forgoten a bit obviously. A little randy for a scooter then...

Blackshear
8th February 2009, 21:58
No, a kawasaki 750 two stroke tripple renowned for having killed MANY of its test riders, and aparantly 3/4 of them brought into NZ were totaled in the first few years they were on the road. I think with some suspension changes and good tires they could do high 10 second runs? Fast for a bike made in the 70's...

Not quite. The Widowmaker was the 500cc Kawasaki Mach III triple two stroke. They did indeed kill a lot of riders. I owned one, it tried to kill me every time I took it out, used to hear it in the gargre at night rattling its pistons as it dreamed up new homocidal tricks.

Fast as a randy tom cat with a red hot poker up its arse , but lethal. I decided that I preferred living and sold it. Found the remains in a wreckers a year later - didn't kill the guy I sold it to, killed the next one.

The 750 cc version , which came later (and had extras, like brakes) was actually much easier and safer to ride. There were reports that some people even successfully got the 750 to go round corners without throwing the rider off, which you had no chance of on the 500.

Ah, the original widowmaker.
I'd rather the TL over that, thanks. Idle splutter idle splu-NNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:crazy:

:weep:

R6_kid
8th February 2009, 22:00
Gotta say the Kwaka triples sounded pretty hot down and Wanganui!

wbks
8th February 2009, 22:06
Poor carver's going to wake up to find we've highjacked his thread 2 pages for e-brawling youngbiker and talking about homicidal (or possibly ranking into genocidal) kamikaze Japanese... No, not mitzi, it's Kawasaki this time

gsxr
8th February 2009, 22:20

How many S3 350s are around now. I had one brand new for three weeks when i first started wok and sold it before it killed me.Very hard to go around corners when the power band kicks in and there is only the rear wheel on the ground.

Ixion
8th February 2009, 22:30
The original 500 was much much worse. Plus the fact that the frame was made of elasticed rice anyway.

Very few 350s left , a few more 500s. The GDLS pretty much killed off the 350s. Some people preserved the 500s because they were so infamous even in their own day

The later 500s (and the 250/350/750) were a lot less lethal, Kawasaki responded to the negative press . Less exciting too of course. The Mach III was a really exciting bike to ride, on a track , with nice smooth well known corners. Until the drum front brake faded to nothing .

In fairness it must be said that (a) the handling, apart from the power band thing , was no worse than other Jap bike sof the period. They were all crap handling. And (b) most riders then (like now) had never experienced a peaky powerbandy two stroke, they came from predicatable Briddish 650s. Ten years later,we knew wat to expect , they wouldn't have killed as many people.

It was bumps that did it. Any sort of bump, the front would buck, the frame would flex, then the rear wheel would hit the bump and leave the ground, which caused the motor to rev. Like as not that sent it into the power band, which caused it to try to wheel stand mid corner. Since the frame was already twisting like an earthworm with the DTs, putting it down and staying upright was almost impossible.

pritch
9th February 2009, 07:19
The original 500 was much much worse. Plus the fact that the frame was made of elasticed rice anyway.

And to think there was a time I lusted after one of those... Maybe it's just as well I bought the CB500 instead.

What I can't figure out is why TF isn't this thread in the scooter forum?
Well, at least the portions of it which weren't in PD... :sherlock:

carver
9th February 2009, 07:31
You obviously got home without any attention from the :Police:....

Which way did you go?

hiway 22, the fuel gauge was on the stop by the time we got to niggaville.

And whats ATNR?

belt, re-jet, exhaust, variator, clutch springs roller weights.

thats stage one

Morcs
9th February 2009, 08:13
Looks like ill have to buy a scooter this year and show ya how us poms do it ;)

25hp 50's...mmm

carver
9th February 2009, 08:17
Looks like ill have to buy a scooter this year and show ya how us poms do it ;)

25hp 50's...mmm

this will be my 3rd "boy racer" scooter

i like building em.

Morcs
9th February 2009, 09:17
this will be my 3rd "boy racer" scooter

i like building em.

Nah, they arent boy racer scooters ;)

Ya need a gilera runner 180

carver
9th February 2009, 09:20
Nah, they arent boy racer scooters ;)

Ya need a gilera runner 180

mine are...
well, with neons i guess they are!

how much do ya think i can get outa the BeeWee100?

Insanity_rules
9th February 2009, 09:28
Waiting with baited breath for the first BWS video. Just hope its like the uber funny scooter culture one.

carver
9th February 2009, 09:33
Waiting with baited breath for the first BWS video. Just hope its like the uber funny scooter culture one.

the next one will be in the racing forum, and yes, its funny

EJK
9th February 2009, 09:44
Racing? How about bucket racing Carver? Take it on the track. I think it's totally doable :yes:

carver
9th February 2009, 10:13
Racing? How about bucket racing Carver? Take it on the track. I think it's totally doable :yes:

all i can say is-check out our new vid this week

R6_kid
9th February 2009, 10:13
There's a race vid on the way EJ, will be out in the next day or two!

Morcs
9th February 2009, 11:26
mine are...
well, with neons i guess they are!

how much do ya think i can get outa the BeeWee100?

Well because the BW uses the minarelli motor, there are quite a few bits for it.

Malossi 110cc Cylinder kit
Then id go with a 19mm carb, and a big polini reed valve
Then a Malossi variator kit, and speed drive, and kevlar drive belt
Then a tecnigas next R exhaust (chrome, so it doesnt rust in a week)
Malossi gear kit - higher gearing, good for higher speed cruising now youd have more power.
Bitubo do a rear shock for it.
And a hebo racing clutch, and put the heaviest springs in

The 100's dont have as much potential as the highly strung 50cc motors, but I reckon with that lot you could get nearly 20hp.

R6_kid
9th February 2009, 11:31
Dont forget USD's and brakes from a ZXR250 so that it has uber handling and can stop from 60kmh in 2m.

carver
9th February 2009, 11:36
Well because the BW uses the minarelli motor, there are quite a few bits for it.

Malossi 110cc Cylinder kit
Then id go with a 19mm carb, and a big polini reed valve
Then a Malossi variator kit, and speed drive, and kevlar drive belt
Then a tecnigas next R exhaust (chrome, so it doesnt rust in a week)
Malossi gear kit - higher gearing, good for higher speed cruising now youd have more power.
Bitubo do a rear shock for it.
And a hebo racing clutch, and put the heaviest springs in

The 100's dont have as much potential as the highly strung 50cc motors, but I reckon with that lot you could get nearly 20hp.

Bzzzzzzzzzzz..... Bang!

Bwwwwwwaa.

Dont forget USD's and brakes from a ZXR250 so that it has uber handling and can stop from 60kmh in 2m.

of course, Slidmark has some eh...

wbks
9th February 2009, 15:25
Carver why didn't you tell me you were racing at mt wellintin last weekend, I could have borrowed enough money to enter and own you while on E and preferably naked

EJK
9th February 2009, 16:58
Shit you guys are quick. Aight I'll be waiting for the video :niceone:

R6_kid
9th February 2009, 18:02

You're gonna love it EJ, i know you will!

wbks
9th February 2009, 18:05
Is there going to be crash footage from you?

Blackshear
9th February 2009, 18:49
Is there going to be crash footage from you?

To be honest, I'm actually keen to see this project run flawlessly. Always got a soft spot for sleepers.
Anyone seeing a MKIV Cortina cooking fluffy clouds of smoke... With a VQ30DETT yawning away under the hood will be in awe for a while!

wbks
9th February 2009, 19:09
I was meaning r6kid's footage of mt wellington last weekend where he said he had a few crashes.

carver
9th February 2009, 19:50
Carver why didn't you tell me you were racing at mt wellintin last weekend, I could have borrowed enough money to enter and own you while on E and preferably naked

own me, thats easy, i was not racing

its on the upload

You're gonna love it EJ, i know you will!

not long now

I was meaning r6kid's footage of mt wellington last weekend where he said he had a few crashes.

most bins wins

1vanvan1
9th February 2009, 19:51
its on the upload

And how long is that going to take?

R6_kid
9th February 2009, 19:53
And how long is that going to take?

About twice as long as half of it would.

1vanvan1
9th February 2009, 20:01

Look you, I have had enough of your 'tough guy' act on the internet. We all know you really are a little wimp. Maybe you should go back to your basement and play dungeons and dragons with your 'real' friends!

carver
9th February 2009, 20:03

approximately as long as a oasis concert

wbks
9th February 2009, 20:20
Calm down, fairy's! Most Bins Wins, carver. 30 Mins on the track and thats what I did... I win!

carver
9th February 2009, 20:25
Calm down, fairy's! Most Bins Wins, carver. 30 Mins on the track and thats what I did... I win!

i did 200ks of taupo and lost

Blackshear
9th February 2009, 21:08
Look you, I have had enough of your 'tough guy' act on the internet. We all know you really are a little wimp. Maybe you should go back to your basement and play dungeons and dragons with your 'real' friends!

Not sure... If... Serious.

1vanvan1
9th February 2009, 21:29
Not sure... If... Serious.

Blackshear
9th February 2009, 21:37

In that case, here's an offering.

1vanvan1
10th February 2009, 09:38
In that case, here's an offering.

No thanks, This is all I need.