PDA

View Full Version : How to tell when you are an Old Bugger

Krusti
24th February 2005, 05:01
Going to Sun City Rally in Gisborne this weekend. Booked a Motel next to main gate at Rally! God I'm getting old. Be cool tho eh?:2thumbsup

Any one got any more examples as I suspect there are a few more Old Buggers here.

Have started hearing myself say.....When I was young! SAD:whistle:

Will
24th February 2005, 05:56
When you talk about bikes that you learnt to ride on, and you have to explain what they were. :thud:

Sniper
24th February 2005, 06:32
Ahhh, the joys of being young triumph again "ducks flying tomatoes from angry geriatrics" Lol

(PT)

Blackbird
24th February 2005, 06:36
When you get off the Blackbird with all the aftermarket stuff on it (double bubble, radar detector and other stuff), pull your helmet off and reveal a 57 year old as opposed to the 20-something age they were expecting :2thumbsup. The surprise is a joy to behold!

Krusti - do you ever go to the Okoroire pub? My wife and I sometimes nip over for a ride and a bit of tea on a weekday.

Geoff

ching_ching
24th February 2005, 06:50
When the younger crims come up to the window and say "Sir", instead of Mister!

:spudwhat:

toads
24th February 2005, 07:02
Going to Sun City Rally in Gisborne this weekend. Booked a Motel next to main gate at Rally! God I'm getting old. Be cool tho eh?:2thumbsup

Any one got any more examples as I suspect there are a few more Old Buggers here.

Hello Krusti, didn't know about the suncity rally, who is it hosted by and where is it going?, we live in Gisborne but nobody tells us anything.
As for being old well at least you aren't senile yet!

Midnight 82
24th February 2005, 07:07
:wari: When your bikes as old as you hehe

Holy Roller
24th February 2005, 07:25
when one invades their personal space just to hear what they are saying

idb
24th February 2005, 07:40
When you can afford two Ducatis. :2thumbsup

Ninja51
24th February 2005, 07:45
My Dad used to say that you start getting old when you stop looking at women! I must be in my teens then...

MSTRS
24th February 2005, 07:51
When an 'old' photo of yourself gives the lie to what the mirror is saying

moko
24th February 2005, 08:04
When it dawns on you that all the crap your Dad used to spout was actually right ,and when you try to tell a teenger the same stuff to save them from all the hassles you`ve caused yourself in life and they look at you the same way you looked at the old fella.

vifferman
24th February 2005, 08:06
When the last verse of The Ballad of Eskimo Nell applies?

Wolf
24th February 2005, 08:09
As always: "When the cops start looking young"

Being stopped and breath tested by a guy who's held his licence for less than a quarter of the time you have and is barely old enough to drink on licenced premises himself...

Monsterbishi
24th February 2005, 08:11
When the last verse of The Ballad of Eskimo Nell applies?

When you start quoting Ballad's that I have never heard :-)

wari
24th February 2005, 08:13
WHen ya gitt wool ... I mean hairem funny places ... :wari:

crashe
24th February 2005, 09:25
Old, who is old?
No one is old, not when ya ride ya bike...
Anyways, you are as old as ya feel.

:spudwave: :spudbooge :banana: :wari:

Pwalo
24th February 2005, 09:30
When it dawns on you that all the crap your Dad used to spout was actually right ,and when you try to tell a teenger the same stuff to save them from all the hassles you`ve caused yourself in life and they look at you the same way you looked at the old fella.

Yes indeedy.

vifferman
24th February 2005, 09:43
Maybe I was REALLY REALLY young when I first heard it.:confused:

Or not.

Actually, the last verse (at least, I think it's the last verse) is the only one I remember.

Biff
24th February 2005, 12:00
Here's a simple test that determines your level of concentration. Apparently if you fail it, you're too old to be driving or riding on the road:

http://ibogleif.dk/uk/

ManDownUnder
24th February 2005, 12:14
When the hair growing on your butt is shorter than the hair growing out of yur ears...

ALTRON
24th February 2005, 12:55
You ride a brand new BMW.

Wolf
24th February 2005, 12:58
When the hair growing on your butt is shorter than the hair growing out of yur ears...

Oi, you! I highly resemble that remark!

ManDownUnder
24th February 2005, 13:06
Oi, you! I highly resemble that remark!

Why does Warren Zevon come to mind when I see your profile.

"aaa hooooo, Werewolves of London"
MDU

Motu
24th February 2005, 13:28
One old guy I knew always made me feel young - I'd say ''you retired the same year as I left school and started work,and I've been working for 25yrs!'' I haven't seen him for 10 yrs,wonder if he's still around to make me feel young again.

Waylander
24th February 2005, 13:35
Glad I am only 21 and don't have to be worried about being an old bugger for another 5 or 6 years.... but every now and then when I see young kids playin games at the park that I used to play I feel old.

MSTRS
24th February 2005, 13:37
Glad I am only 21 and don't have to be worried about being an old bugger for another 5 or 6 years.... but every now and then when I see young kids playin games at the park that I used to play I feel old.
Care to say that in the same room as me ?? Hmmm? Thought not. As you were...

Waylander
24th February 2005, 13:39
Care to say that in the same room as me ?? Hmmm? Thought not. As you were...
Would but I don't have the money to go to your town at the moment but if you give me your address I'll be sure to do so as soon as I can afford it.:niceone:

Dr Bob
24th February 2005, 13:43
When you have no problems getting insurance.

Dr Bob
24th February 2005, 13:45
And when you are proud you haven't made a claim in over XX years (now that would be showing my age if I told you how many).

MSTRS
24th February 2005, 13:46
Would but I don't have the money to go to your town at the moment but if you give me your address I'll be sure to do so as soon as I can afford it.:niceone:
Oh, the old "I can't afford it" story. Proves you are still young. Only 'old buggers' can afford to travel at will. :shake: :devil2: PT

Waylander
24th February 2005, 13:51
Oh, the old "I can't afford it" story. Proves you are still young. Only 'old buggers' can afford to travel (http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Travel) at will. :shake: :devil2: PT
Well since you "can afford to travel (http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Travel) at will", as you put it why don't you come to Hamilton? Be glad to tell you that 26-27 is old.:wari:

MSTRS
24th February 2005, 13:57
Well since you "can afford to travel (http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Travel) at will", as you put it why don't you come to Hamilton? Be glad to tell you that 26-27 is old.:wari:
*refers to diary*....mmmmmm.....I could fit that in sometime in 2011/2012. Perhaps you'll have changed your mind as to what is 'old' then? :bleh:

Waylander
24th February 2005, 14:04
*refers to diary*....mmmmmm.....I could fit that in sometime in 2011/2012. Perhaps you'll have changed your mind as to what is 'old' then? :bleh:
Ever heard the phrase you're only as old as you feel? Yea by that time I wont think it's ol but I'll still think that 5 or 6 years older than me is old.:bleh::shake:

MSTRS
24th February 2005, 14:11
Ever heard the phrase you're only as old as you feel? Yea by that time I wont think it's ol but I'll still think that 5 or 6 years older than me is old.:bleh::shake:
Aaaah...the naive arrogance of youth.....I (think I) remember it well. You can't be all bad tho - you are a Nazareth fan. Mrs M won't let me play 'The Ballad of Hollis Brown' . Isn't that just too sad? (not being able to play it , I mean)

Waylander
24th February 2005, 14:16
Aaaah...the naive arrogance of youth.....I (think I) remember it well. You can't be all bad tho - you are a Nazareth fan. Mrs M won't let me play 'The Ballad of Hollis Brown' . Isn't that just too sad? (not being able to play it , I mean)
Yea that sucks mate, good song. And I may be a young pup compared to you:niceone: but you can't fault me on my taste in music, though I listen to metal for the mostpart (pantera, godmsack, slipknot, cradle of filth, ect,ect) the good stuff was all back in the day. Iron Butterfly, Nazareth, Kiss, Van Halen, Ted Nungent (may have spelt that wrong) and such.

Now I'm off to get some oil and a new set of spark plugs. Bike was missfireing on number one cylinder. Gonna change the oil and new plugs gonna be sweet.:2thumbsup

Dodgyiti
24th February 2005, 14:18
And when you are proud you haven't made a claim in over XX years (now that would be showing my age if I told you how many).
XX is twenty isn't it?
Do I get the prize? :confused:

Wolf
24th February 2005, 14:19
Why does Warren Zevon come to mind when I see your profile.

"aaa hooooo, Werewolves of London"
MDU

Yep, My hair is perfect.

Oh, and make mine a Pina Colada, thanks. Goes well with Beef Chow Mein, I guess.

Krusti
24th February 2005, 15:06
When you get off the Blackbird with all the aftermarket stuff on it (double bubble, radar detector and other stuff), pull your helmet off and reveal a 57 year old as opposed to the 20-something age they were expecting :2thumbsup. The surprise is a joy to behold!

Krusti - do you ever go to the Okoroire pub? My wife and I sometimes nip over for a ride and a bit of tea on a weekday.

Geoff

We went there more before we shifted here! Always the story eh?

Give us a shout next time:niceone:

Krusti
24th February 2005, 15:09
Hello Krusti, didn't know about the suncity rally, who is it hosted by and where is it going?, we live in Gisborne but nobody tells us anything.
As for being old well at least you aren't senile yet!

Freedom Riders host it at the racecourse, small rally, great guys. Not advertised much. We seem to be the furthest riders.:apint:

Krusti
24th February 2005, 15:14
When you get into an argument with someone who is sure Elton John never sang with any one called KeKeDee. (Still cant spell it tho)

When you remember changing to the metric system!

Silage
24th February 2005, 15:32
When you remember changing to the metric system!

That new fangled metric system will never work. Me bike does 53mpg at 60mph and we live on a quarter acre section. Also working out 6.32% of 3 pound 6 and ninepence is a breeze. The tappets are set at 6 thou and the gun is a .22 (scary).

We even had to sit a test to ensure we could understand decimal currency. Think I passed :banana:

Better shuffle off before I start reminiscing...

Motu
24th February 2005, 15:51
I spent my school days working in pounds shillings and pence,feet and miles,ounces and pounds,pints and gallons - never could figure it out,then it was all flushed down the drain - what a waste of a childs life....

Do they have a metric language system? I had real problems with verbs and nouns,adjectives and pronouns,punctuation marks,paragraphs - I haven't figured that one out yet either....I'd like a metric system so I don't get confused on where to put my i's and e's.

Jackrat
24th February 2005, 16:44
I know nothing about this subject,
Now excuse me, while I go pluck some nostral hairs.

SPman
24th February 2005, 19:31
.. the same way you looked at the old fella.
So, how do you look at your old fella?

figjam
24th February 2005, 19:54
The true sign of old age is the passion you hate the young with.
You stand there shaking your head going: "I'm sure I wasn't that much of
a dickhead at that age"

But you were.

lyle
22nd April 2005, 04:48

A. If you've ever taken a course at the University in which you were given your choice of using a calculator or a sliderule.

B. When the University Bookstore cashier takes one look at you and automatically gives you the faculty discount.

Ixion
22nd April 2005, 09:04
A. If you've ever taken a course at the University in which you were given your choice of using a calculator or a sliderule.

Calculators ? What they ? Sliderule? You mean Napier's Bones ?

Ixion
22nd April 2005, 09:13
Actually, the true test of old buggery is when your sotto voce expression of disapproval changes from "silly old fool" to "bloody young idiot". Oddly enough, I find that most of the old fools around are actually younger than I . And one of them called me a bloody young idiot the other day. :niceone:

Blackbird
22nd April 2005, 09:24
I've still got my Staedtler slide rule from varsity days - how sad is that????

Two years ago at 55, I qualified for an "age" discount at our local cinema which I didn't mind a bit but I was bloody hurt when the tickets were handed over and they said "pensioner" on them!!!!

Safe riding over the weekend guys...

Geoff

Jantar
22nd April 2005, 14:56
You know you are an Old Bugger when some young spark (like Dangerous) posts a 20 year old photo of a Brass Monkey Rally and you don't even recognise yourself in it until you compare it with your own photos later. :confused:

Oakie
22nd April 2005, 15:32
Umm, it's when you go to the concerts of the big acts from your youth ... and find a large part of the crowd has grey hair. eg most recently... Meatloaf, Rod Stewart, Neil Diamond and Cher (although at the Cher concert there was much more of an effort made by the oldies to look younger.) He he ... my wife and I amused ourselves before the Cher concert by playing 'spot the gay guys'. Soooo many and so easy to pick!
First noticed the grey hair thing when I went for a leak during the Meatloaf concert. 12 guys in front of me and all had grey hair or were balding. (Had to stifle a laugh as I thought it wasn't good to laugh surrounded by men with their dicks in their hands.)

Blackbird
22nd April 2005, 16:30
(Had to stifle a laugh as I thought it wasn't good to laugh surrounded by men with their dicks in their hands.)

Well at least you'd have had a head start if you needed to do a runner :msn-wink:

Storm
22nd April 2005, 16:58
So therefore I am old at 24 then?

Skyryder
22nd April 2005, 17:39
Ther's no old people, some are just younger than others. But if there are old bikers they are the ones who can tell you what a sprung hub is. And it's not some biker chick talking about her ol' man still on the lam.

Skyryder

pete376403
22nd April 2005, 17:58

"When a man grows old and his balls go cold,
and the tip of his knob turns blue.
When it sags in the middle like a one-string fiddle
They can tell you a tale or two.
So buy me a drink and get me a seat
and a tale to you I'll tell.
Of Dead-Eye Dick and Mexican Pete,
and a harlot named Eskimo Nell"

There's about 50 more verses I can't remember. Should be on the 'net somewhere. And yeah, I'm old.

sedge
22nd April 2005, 18:01

Haven't seen the old man in 15 or 20 years, the only advice I ever got from him was "If you're going to live off the fuits of love, don't throw the skins out the window."

And oh yeah... It used to be all fields round here.

Ixion
23rd April 2005, 10:31
Ther's no old people, some are just younger than others. But if there are old bikers they are the ones who can tell you what a sprung hub is. And it's not some biker chick talking about her ol' man still on the lam.

Skyryder

Yep. Owned one. Underrated I always thought.

RDJ
23rd April 2005, 16:03
"The older I get, the faster I was".