PDA

View Full Version : The Formal welcome

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 09:13
I get the impression from reading the forums that all newbies are expected to make a post in here so here is mine. :niceone:

I live in Christchurch, I am a Network Engineer, and I work too much.

The love of my life is my 1995 Jade coloured Suzuki RF900R, what a bloody weapon, I have only had it for 2 months, but after owning a GS1000, CBX750F, and GSX1100, this is my fav.

I ride most wekends but have been on my own :<, I ride to Golden Bay about every second month, for the weekend, and hoping to find travel buddies in here to do it with.

It would be cool to find other RF900 owners and learn more about my bike.

Nice to meet you all - Ride safe talk soon....

vifferman
24th February 2005, 09:14
Hi, Neomancer, and welcome to Kiwi Biker!:spudwave:

Riff Raff
24th February 2005, 09:40
Hi and welcome to KB. :wavey: There's a few dodgy KBers down your way so you're guaranteed to get out for a bit of fun.

Neomancer
Cheers dude!, Its good to be here

TonyB
Hi :spudwave: and welcome to KB.
Sorry to hear you work so hard. Don't worry, once the KB addiction takes hold, you'll never get ANY work done- just look at Alucardraken (he'll be along shortly to give you your beer and Banana), he's only been a member since Jan 05.
Would be keen to do a trip to Golden Bay, but would have to get permission from She Who Must Be Obeyed- unlikely :cry:
Cheers
Tony

Joni
24th February 2005, 09:42
Hello....
Welcome!
:spudwave:

Paul in NZ
24th February 2005, 09:55
Welcome..

You are probably better off alone rather than hanging out with those evil buggers down south... Strange lot... One has some sort of wierd curry flavoured blackbird thing with 3 bedrooms and secretly desires a scooter and the others are always challanging each others manhood with rides to Akaroa while running from the law...

All a bit confusing...

The RF is a nice bike. People that have them seem to like them but of course I don't have one and so I'm so so about them... However, if it turns your crank, go for it.

But welcome

Paul N

TonyB
24th February 2005, 10:19
We need a troll smiley......or one thats doing a bit of fishing....or stirring a big pot :niceone: Looking at his avatar, I think he'll fit right in :wari:

outlawtorn
24th February 2005, 11:05
welcome dude, don't work too hard, remember all work and no play means you ride less.

Enjoy

ManDownUnder
24th February 2005, 11:12
Welcome aboard - please take your seat, make sure your belt is fastened low and tight and hang on...

oh yeah - you have an RF too??

Top man... TOP MAN! (there are a few of us in here with them. OH so much fun!

Only known weaknesses
1) No fuel gauge (easily worked around with a low fuel light... DOH!)
2) 2nd gear wasn't properly case hardened in manufacturing for the early models so they tend to need replacing at the 30,000km mark (although mine has been fine...?!? and it's on 47kms)
3) They don't like sitting in the rain. Plugs are located in deep holes in the top of the block... and the holes can fill with water sometimes making her cough and splutter.

Otherwise - AWESOME bikes (and the above issues don;t worry me very often anyway... #3 only comes up once in a blue moon)

Have fun - hear from you soon!
MDU

**R1**
24th February 2005, 11:16
Howzit from Chch :spudwave:

some of us ride to akoroa a bit if ya keen?

nice wheelie :niceone:

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 11:44
Cheers all for the fine indoresments!, first off the pic in my aviator aint me (yet):>, I drink Jimmy nothing less, and I am game for a ride anytime, just gimme a yell, 021 350166 sweet as.

Shit I am starting to feel like home already in here, might pull up a seat let me belt out and pour a jimmy, cheers all!

ManDownUnder
24th February 2005, 11:54
Awesome homepage too chap!

Loved the rules for guys... very very accurate!
NK

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 14:25
Anyone off for a ride this weekend? If so drop me a line (Christchurch area)

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 14:26
Awesome homepage too chap!

Loved the rules for guys... very very accurate!
NK

Cheers dude, I happen to think they are spot on too.

Sniper
24th February 2005, 14:31
Welcome Neomancer. Good to see an avid rider such as yourself. Best of luck around here, you will meet some really good types.

Sniper

Storm
24th February 2005, 14:35
Have fun here mate, you'l fit right in. You use proper England, so the spelling nazi's wont get you. :wari:

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 14:38
Welcome Neomancer. Good to see an avid rider such as yourself. Best of luck around here, you will meet some really good types.

Sniper

Cheers dude, I will be shore to catch up as I pass through next time, (may even be ova the weekend)

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 14:39
Have fun here mate, you'l fit right in. You use proper England, so the spelling nazi's wont get you. :wari:

Sweet, Me good speak, some day! :done:

So far this place has made my feel all warm and fuzzy.

MSTRS
24th February 2005, 14:39
Aaaahh...Yeah....Gidday. Where's Wari? Joined the 'Force', has he?? I'm getting worried 'bout his response time.

Hitcher
24th February 2005, 14:52
Welcome to our gargre. Remember: no sudden movements; and clean up after yourself when you're done.

ManDownUnder
24th February 2005, 14:54
Welcome to our gargre. Remember: no sudden movements; and clean up after yourself when you're done.

Sudden movements are the worst... like when you've got all your wet weather gear on and that curry kicks in....

oooo not good...

Dr Bob
24th February 2005, 14:54
Welcome Neomancer

Being a network engineer and named Neomancer I guess you read SF. There are a few of us here.

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 14:55

So chucking a a doz beers in before entry is a good place to start?

MSTRS
24th February 2005, 15:02
Oh yea....but not that Canterbury Draught rubbish

justsomeguy
24th February 2005, 15:03
I would also like to formally present my best wishes to you. I am delighted that you have decided to join our humble community.

I feel an exalted sense of euphoria knowing that you are an avid rider and harbor a deep sense of affection towards your machine.

Enjoy

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 15:05
Oh yea....but not that Canterbury Draught rubbish

hehe, I dont care, I only drink Jimmy unless its REAL hot!

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 15:07
I would also like to formally present my best wishes to you. I am delighted that you have decided to join our humble community.

I feel an exalted sense of euphoria knowing that you are an avid rider and harbor a deep sense of affection towards your machine.

Enjoy

Cheers dude!, By the looks of it I am sure to have fun here :2thumbsup

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 15:09
welcome dude, don't work too hard, remember all work and no play means you ride less.

Enjoy

I know dude but more work means better toys :yeah:

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 15:10
Hi :spudwave: and welcome to KB.
Sorry to hear you work so hard. Don't worry, once the KB addiction takes hold, you'll never get ANY work done- just look at Alucardraken (he'll be along shortly to give you your beer and Banana), he's only been a member since Jan 05.
Would be keen to do a trip to Golden Bay, but would have to get permission from She Who Must Be Obeyed- unlikely :cry:
Cheers
Tony

Dude, already looks like the weekend of working around the house is out the door, going ridin instead (hehe), hopefully I can get outta the house before the misses catches me.

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 15:13
Welcome Neomancer

Being a network engineer and named Neomancer I guess you read SF. There are a few of us here.

Your right!
- Although working with computers for so long has made me a bitter and twisted individual, what better member could you guys want? {Can I borrow a shotgun from the crowd?} :angry2: :ar15:

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 15:14
Hi and welcome to KB. :wavey: There's a few dodgy KBers down your way so you're guaranteed to get out for a bit of fun.

Cheers dude, I will make sure to look them up

**R1**
24th February 2005, 17:09
You must be talking about Biff baff, Tony b, and dangerous.

stay away from those guys...Doooooddddggggyyyyyy

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 17:10
Dude, I'm Keen, just txt me!
021 350166

Howzit from Chch :spudwave:

some of us ride to akoroa a bit if ya keen?

nice wheelie :niceone:

Coyote
24th February 2005, 17:59
I get the impression from reading the forums that all newbies are expected to make a post in here so here is mine. :niceone:

Come to think of it, I never did :p

Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 18:37
Come to think of it, I never did :p

Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

cheers dude, cool games!!

Riff Raff
24th February 2005, 19:03

Hmmm - I'm sure there's one more, now who is it? can't quite put my finger on it at the mo, I think he rides an R1, name begins with A ......
But yeah watch out for that one cos I believe he is dodgier than the lot of them put together!!!

MacD
24th February 2005, 19:08
Welcome Neomancer! :banana:

Excellent choice of bike by the way!

dangerous
24th February 2005, 19:48
Nice to meet you all - Ride safe talk soon....
Nice.... you should be compleatly overwelmed to meet us, but only till ya really do meet us then ya really going to wounder what ya have done joining up with KB.
Hey man, yip ride most w/e even if it just over the hill for a beer at the Weatcheif. If ya up for a rally in 2 weeks check out the thread 'March Hare 05' other wise I believe you have red were I hid out, drop in if ya passing.

soundbeltfarm
24th February 2005, 19:55
welcome mate.
enjoy yourself

TonyB
24th February 2005, 19:59

Ahh, but then there's this other fella- rides an R1, only gets 10ks/litre. He's a fuggen nutcase... :wari:

dangerous
24th February 2005, 20:09
Ahh, but then there's this other fella- rides an R1, only gets 10ks/litre. He's a fuggen nutcase... :wari:
are you sure that its a fella...... cos ya are talking about a girls bike aye :apint:

onearmedbandit
24th February 2005, 20:25
Welcome and all that yadda... Hope to see you out for a ride sometime, just don't be suprised if I don't wave!

dangerous
24th February 2005, 20:41
Welcome and all that yadda... Hope to see you out for a ride sometime, just don't be suprised if I don't wave!
LMFAO....... why not I bet you can still flip the birdy to a wank in a cage that tries to close the door on ya :niceone:

crashe
24th February 2005, 20:47
well it seems that as usual I am tail end charlie.....lol

Welcome to the world of.....ummmm well you will soon figure it out...lol.
:spudwhat:

Keep and eye on "Events and Meetings" section.... there are many a rides on there.... if not organise a ride and put it up there.

Have fun and enjoy yaself...
:spudwave: :wari: :banana:

**R1**
24th February 2005, 21:39
Howz the neck buddy??

you missed a good ride on Tuesday....even old Trev Kerby came along for a sight see............

not much of summer left man....get sorted :angry2: havnt dun aka's wif ya in ages..

PSYCHO
25th February 2005, 07:46
Welcome aboard Neomancer

onearmedbandit
25th February 2005, 10:02
Aaron - Shit, I didn't want to ask in case I did miss a good ride!! Old Trev came out too eh? On his 1200 Bandit was he? My neck is much better now, I can put my helmet on without almost collapsing from the pain!! I'm up for a ride whenever.

Neomancer
25th February 2005, 11:36
well it seems that as usual I am tail end charlie.....lol

Welcome to the world of.....ummmm well you will soon figure it out...lol.
:spudwhat:

Keep and eye on "Events and Meetings" section.... there are many a rides on there.... if not organise a ride and put it up there.

Have fun and enjoy yaself...
:spudwave: :wari: :banana:

Not a problem dude, I am going to goto Akaroa this sunday for lunch, might see whats on in the events and if nothing is doing I will add it in.

dangerous
25th February 2005, 19:07
Howz the neck buddy??
even old Trev Kerby came along for a sight see............

LOL...... the last time we spoke he had me arested, pilick and it was mad dog that called the coppers, mind you if he dident I dont think he woulda had a job after...hehehe, old cout

"when I used to race" :apint:

sels1
25th February 2005, 21:03
welcome aboard the site. Looks like you have already made yerself at home!

Neomancer
25th February 2005, 22:14
welcome aboard the site. Looks like you have already made yerself at home!

Cheers dude

**R1**
25th February 2005, 22:41
LOL...... the last time we spoke he had me arested, pilick and it was mad dog that called the coppers, mind you if he dident I dont think he woulda had a job after...hehehe, old cout

"when I used to race" :apint:

HAHAHA the "kerby" experiance, i dont put my self thro that anymore......get all my stuff (road and dirt) from Don.

Neomancer
26th February 2005, 15:22
Hey all, whats with the reputation level?

TonyB
26th February 2005, 15:27
If we approve of something you say, we can click on the scales at the top right of your post and give you some positive rep, or visa versa.

dangerous
26th February 2005, 17:58
Hey all, whats with the reputation level?

If we approve of something you say, we can click on the scales at the top right of your post and give you some positive rep, or visa versa.
Yeah... and for an example I have 2 green squares so people like me but Tony has only 1 green square... so not too many people like him...... Aaron on the other hand no fuker likes him, thats why hes in the red..... hang on........ Oi How the hell did you get out of the red zone R1 and now have 2 greens.... its a bloody set up...... Ok who fancies Aaron come on fess up who did it :shake:

Actually Neo, no one gives a rats arse about rep points.... but heres a quick brake down of how it works.
1 green square per 100 points ie: 0-100 1 greeny 100-200 2 greenies and so on the more rep ya have the more damage you can do when ya hit someone else, I think its also combined with how long ya have been here.
If you head in the other direction 'the red square' then privliges are removed ie: you cant dish out the reps and if you are really awesome like Aaron was when he 1st joined up ya get on the frount page of KB and put in a listing from 1-10.

But this all means shit to you cos till ya been her for a certian time and have 300 posts ya cant do jack shit.... you can still be given rep but ya cant see who gave it too you till you qualify.... in 274 posts time :niceone: :apint:

ps: Neo..... ya going to answer my p/m and come on the March Hare Rally next w/e or what?

Neomancer
26th February 2005, 20:39
Yeah... and for an example I have 2 green squares so people like me but Tony has only 1 green square... so not too many people like him...... Aaron on the other hand no fuker likes him, thats why hes in the red..... hang on........ Oi How the hell did you get out of the red zone R1 and now have 2 greens.... its a bloody set up...... Ok who fancies Aaron come on fess up who did it :shake:

Actually Neo, no one gives a rats arse about rep points.... but heres a quick brake down of how it works.
1 green square per 100 points ie: 0-100 1 greeny 100-200 2 greenies and so on the more rep ya have the more damage you can do when ya hit someone else, I think its also combined with how long ya have been here.
If you head in the other direction 'the red square' then privliges are removed ie: you cant dish out the reps and if you are really awesome like Aaron was when he 1st joined up ya get on the frount page of KB and put in a listing from 1-10.

But this all means shit to you cos till ya been her for a certian time and have 300 posts ya cant do jack shit.... you can still be given rep but ya cant see who gave it too you till you qualify.... in 274 posts time :niceone: :apint:

ps: Neo..... ya going to answer my p/m and come on the March Hare Rally next w/e or what?

Yeah dude, just replied, looking at my rep I got two points, does that mean people like me morre than you {grin}

TonyB
26th February 2005, 20:44
Yeah... and for an example I have 2 green squares so people like me but Tony has only 1 green square... so not too many people like him...... :cry: I feel so unloved

dangerous
26th February 2005, 21:55
:cry: I feel so unloved
ohhhhhhh.... dont be like that, I've been here over a year and you only since 1st September 2004 so..... per post ya proberly doing better than me :niceone:

**R1**
27th February 2005, 11:48
ohhhhhhh.... dont be like that, I've been here over a year and you only since 1st September 2004 so..... per post ya proberly doing better than me :niceone:

Me 2...and im a fkn prick:devil2: