PDA

View Full Version : Track 1 or Track 2: Taupo

Clivoris
10th February 2009, 09:43
I personally have a preference for track 1 (full circuit) at Taupo because of the variety it provides, But track 2 is a lot of fun too. Running meetings on track 1 adds quite a lot to the expense and organisational side of things but I have always thought it was worth it. But what do you racers out there think?

sinfull
10th February 2009, 10:14
Voted option 3 although i do love the full track, the shortened back straight has helped me keep the litre bikes in view !

Tony.OK
10th February 2009, 14:30
Voted option 3 although i do love the full track, the shortened back straight has helped me keep the litre bikes in view !

Love the full track............

Don't like the thought of having Bill staring at my arse on track 2...............don't get me wrong he's an attractive guy an all, its the hair I think:hug:

jrandom
10th February 2009, 14:33
I can't vote on the poll cos I'm infracted up the wazoo, but I'm all for track 1.

Track 2 is fookin hard work and never lets up, but track 1 gives you a nice wee rest down the back straight each lap, and the tricksy back sweeper is my favourite corner at Taupo.

driftn
10th February 2009, 14:36
Have never done track 2 before but it has to be the full track doesnt it.
Love coming down that back straight into the esses, AWESOME.

jrandom
10th February 2009, 14:39
Love coming down that back straight into the esses, AWESOME.

You still get that on track 2, you're just going slower and braking later.

wharfy
10th February 2009, 14:41
Track 2, save changing all those gears :)

sinfull
10th February 2009, 16:24
Love the full track............

Don't like the thought of having Bill staring at my arse on track 2...............don't get me wrong he's an attractive guy an all, its the hair I think:hug:
Well the hill climb (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=92126&highlight=cliffhanger) would suit you down to the ground then ! I mean Heidi even said Tony is a nice guy an all, but if riding class means looking at his arse, swallow ya pride and trade the trumpy for a litre bike !
But hey
No need to worry about seeing my crack (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1915291&postcount=69)at the hill climb, till real late on practise night at the camp site, when i'm sprawlled half way in the tent, seeing its a timed event an all !

FROSTY
10th February 2009, 16:36
Track 1 is the better track to ride in my opinion.

DEATH_INC.
10th February 2009, 17:44
I prefer track 2, so I can learn the thou's.....but if I can use the blonde bimbo's bike track 1 is all good

Racin Jason
11th February 2009, 22:17
I like track 2, its prenty intense. on a 600 the 1000s have to work hard to pull away. But the sweeper onto the back straight is a good challenge too - much fun! Might be a draw.
Methinks more laps are needed...

CHOPPA
11th February 2009, 23:32
1000s are still faster on track 2 but the long track is def better if your on one :)

Marknz
12th February 2009, 05:37
Looking forward to giving either of them a go next year... but I know I'd like to have the breather on the long straight. That said, it'll probably take me two laps to remember to take a breath!

Nicksta
12th February 2009, 20:58
you know my opinion Clive.... but i am torn... to be selfish, i have a better chance in my class on track 2... but i agree the 600's and superbikes are safer on Track 1 so i guess i would vote for track one for the greater good.... only problem with track 1 is warm up and warm down laps..... they take so long and eat into race time shortening the races or levacing us with only 2 races a day.. and you know my opinion on races.... 3 make a good day!

Nicksta
12th February 2009, 21:00
side note: do they ever run the old track 4.... the one that existed befor ethe A1GP corner that had the awesome chicaine onto the old pit straight? that would be a blast to run and give us some real fun!! i loved that old track layout!

Matt Bleck
13th February 2009, 10:55
side note: do they ever run the old track 4.... the one that existed befor ethe A1GP corner that had the awesome chicaine onto the old pit straight? that would be a blast to run and give us some real fun!! i loved that old track layout!
I'm with ya on that one Nicksta, I'd prefer to do that than Track 1!

svr
13th February 2009, 11:12
I'm with ya on that one Nicksta, I'd prefer to do that than Track 1!

More corners = better I guess?? - but then theres no A1 corner - which is the best corner on the track - and that chicane, er, well, you couldn't design a better T-Bone corner if you tried! Be `fun' on the first lap tho...

Matt Bleck
13th February 2009, 11:14
More corners = better I guess?? - but then theres no A1 corner - which is the best corner on the track - and that chicane, er, well, you couldn't design a better T-Bone corner if you tried! Be `fun' on the first lap tho...
I do like the A1 corner, not my personal favorite tho, thats turn 4 for me. :D

jrandom
13th February 2009, 11:24
I do like the A1 corner

Great place to overtake cunts who haven't got it sussed hey.

(And occasionally send them out for an offroad excursion. Sorry sinfull!)

not my personal favorite tho, thats turn 4 for me.

Really?

T4's all about backing off somewhat to compensate for the elevation and camber change. Easy place to bin at speed. I'm not really all about it.

T8 (the big left hand sweeper) is my favourite. Only place at Taupo where one can do the ton with one's knee down. Wheeee!

(Well, I'm sure the guys who aren't actually slow do the ton with their knee down everywhere, but, y'know. That's my perspective as a n00b. Maybe I'll like T4 best when I'm as fast as you!)

:D

Benk
13th February 2009, 11:35
T4's all about backing off somewhat to compensate for the elevation and camber change. Easy place to bin at speed. I'm not really all about it.

T8 (the big left hand sweeper) is my favourite. Only place at Taupo where one can do the ton with one's knee down. Wheeee!

(Well, I'm sure the guys who aren't actually slow do the ton with their knee down everywhere, but, y'know. That's my perspective as a n00b. Maybe I'll like T4 best when I'm as fast as you!)

T4 and T8 would be my favorites. T4 you can make alot of ground there, if you get 2 and 3 nicely.

T8 is just a buzz. Throttling the old girl for all shes worth :eek:

A1 corner is gay (because Im a pussy on it), needs to be a fast right sweeper, then T8 into T9 would be sweeeeeettttttt!

jrandom
13th February 2009, 11:36
A1 corner is gay (because Im a pussy on it), needs to be a fast right sweeper, then T8 into T9 would be sweeeeeettttttt!

It'd be sweet for sure, but then everyone would just be having fun at the same pace like they do through T8 and it wouldn't be such a great place to pass riders who are pussies on it.

Benk
13th February 2009, 11:42
who are pussies on it.

:sweatdrop ...........dammit

Note to self, grow nuts around righthanders.......

White trash
13th February 2009, 11:42
I'm in two minds.

Track 2 has sheer entertainment value. Watching Poos stoppie into the tyre wall is as good as it gets.

But then, Track one was the first (and only) time I've ever held a lap record.

Hmmmmmm.

jrandom
13th February 2009, 11:45
But then, Track one was the first (and only) time I've ever held a lap record.

We shall all consider ourselves duly reminded of your awesomeness bro.

:sunny:

Anyhoo, hurry up and send Trash Jr to the salt mines to cover the payments on a new bike, eh? Surely you've supported his arse for long enough already.

White trash
13th February 2009, 11:53
We shall all consider ourselves duly reminded of your awesomeness bro.

:sunny:

Anyhoo, hurry up and send Trash Jr to the salt mines to cover the payments on a new bike, eh? Surely you've supported his arse for long enough already.
Fucken make sure you are reminded.

Unfortunately, his mum sez he's not allowed to eat salt yet so I don't know how much use he'll be to them.

Matt Bleck
13th February 2009, 12:06
Really?

Yip really!.

I think it's cause it's a easy corner to fuck up, and feels so good when you get it right.

jrandom
13th February 2009, 12:10
I think it's cause it's a easy corner to fuck up, and feels so good when you get it right.

I wonder if our mail-order-bride friend on the CBR1000RR will come back and show us all again some time how T4 should be done.

She best have a different spangly bikini to wear under her one-piece, though. Be a bit of a fashion crime to use the same one on two different days, particularly when it's all that stands between her and shameful topless exposure in between sessions.

White trash
13th February 2009, 12:16
I think T4 through T5 is the best little stretch on that track. You get a good run on someone through 4, give it a fistfull of brakes into 5 and cut them up good.

Brilliant fun.

Benk
13th February 2009, 12:20
I think T4 through T5 is the best little stretch on that track. You get a good run on someone through 4, give it a fistfull of brakes into 5 and cut them up good.

Brilliant fun.

:Punk:........